Digital Art Zone

3 of 9
Songbird ReMix Open Rendering Season Contest Closes March 1st (commercial)
Posted: 26 January 2013 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  128
Joined  2012-11-22
Ken Gilliland - 21 January 2013 12:57 PM

Once beyond the Audubon and 10 year SBRM Anniversary sale, I’ll be free to mix up my project list a little more.  Besides the 5 raptor (Hawks, Falcons, Eagles, etc) volumes… Motherhood2, Hornbills and SBRM Asia will be in play.

Looking forward to your raptors series, particularly the hawks. Love your birds!

Posted: 26 January 2013 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2003-10-09
stormlyght - 26 January 2013 05:57 PM
Ken Gilliland - 21 January 2013 12:57 PM

Once beyond the Audubon and 10 year SBRM Anniversary sale, I’ll be free to mix up my project list a little more.  Besides the 5 raptor (Hawks, Falcons, Eagles, etc) volumes… Motherhood2, Hornbills and SBRM Asia will be in play.

Looking forward to your raptors series, particularly the hawks. Love your birds!

Thanks.  The raptors volumes will probably start to appear in mid-summer into the winter… Falcons first, then 2 Hawks volumes (Old World & New World) and then Eagles. Sooner (by the end of February), you should see the first in my waterfowl series (Geese, Loons and Grebes) and a revamped Toucans (updates are free to current owners).

A few more entries have come in…

Signature 

Songbird ReMix.comSongbird ReMix Merchandise | SBRM Facebook

Posted: 26 January 2013 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2080
Joined  2003-10-09

Haast’s Eagles?

Posted: 26 January 2013 07:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

The Haast’s eagle isn’t on my primary list—BUT the list is just a prospective list and subject to change… I prefer to do non-extinct species first.  I’ll write the Haast’s in as an alternate.  What’s on the current list?

Bald Eagle
Golden Eagle
Vulturine Fish Eagle
African Fish-eagle
Pallas’s Fish-eagle
Short-toed Snake-eagle
Crested Serpent-eagle
Harpy Eagle
Crested Eagle
Ornate Hawk-eagle
Wedge-tailed Eagle
Greater Spotted Eagle
Steppe Eagle

Signature 

Posted: 26 January 2013 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

do you know the Haast’s Eagle is extinct? After all, they said the Coelocanth was extinct :D

but then id you did a Haast’s easgle, you’d have to do a Moa

Posted: 01 February 2013 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
LycanthropeX - 26 January 2013 07:46 PM

do you know the Haast’s Eagle is extinct? After all, they said the Coelocanth was extinct :D

but then id you did a Haast’s eagle, you’d have to do a Moa

For those who don’t know,  the Haast’s Eagle went extinct (around 1400) because it’s main food source, the Moa (a giant flightless bird—sort of like an emu), was hunted to extinction by the Maori.

———————-

Back to the contest… 

We’re about a month away…  so start your render engines smile

Signature 

Posted: 01 February 2013 10:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

hey, i knew that !!!

Posted: 02 February 2013 10:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2009-08-18

I’m working on an entry for the Songbird Remix contest, too. It is a different render than the Pelicans a few months ago. Never entered a formal contest before, so I’ll be crossing my fingers.  I am looking forward to seeing the Harpy Eagle in the new birds that Ken is working on.

Signature 

See my gallery http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/?q=IceScribe&x=14&y=10

Posted: 03 February 2013 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

The Harpy Eagle quite a ways off… but yes I’m doing it.  It’s more unlikely I’ll have the Goose set done in time to use in the contest but a revised/updated bird product and a new “undisclosed” bird product will be smile

The updated/revised product is my “Toucans” which has received a SBRM3 facelift (additional Materials, Body Parts (for fluff transparencies on the crest and rump and a second neck section for smoother neck bends), plus two additional Toucans have been added to the set as well as some props (Tree branch and berries(for Fruit tossing courtship behavior)).  The updates will be live when that and the “other” product appear in New Releases.

—-

I got a PM on whether “Flock Formations” is a legit product for the contest.  Yes, it is…

Signature 

Posted: 05 February 2013 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5448
Joined  2005-08-29

Here is my entry: Only a few left
Bird setups: Poser-9
Render: Vue-11

Image Attachments
bird_in_flight.jpg
 Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 05 February 2013 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I just had some visitors a couple minutes ago and they were kind enough to pose for some pictures…..

Image Attachments
the_3_Jakes_045.JPGthe_3_Jakes_050.JPGTurkeys_012.JPGTurkeys_010.JPGTurkeys_008.JPG

Posted: 05 February 2013 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Cool images smile

x-x-x-x

Some contest notes… 

If you haven’t checked the contest entry page in a while… I posted a few new entries...

I’ve updated more SBRM volumes to take care of the DS 4.5 foot scaling issues.  See my downloads for details. I’ll hopefully get through the remaining 200-300 birds in the next week. In the meantime, the downloads do have a DS4.5 scaling fix tool, if you need it. What still need to be done?  The Australias, Legend, Europe2, TEE 3, Hawaii, C&U3; and all my freebies).  Once all the updates are done, they will be given to DAZ and they’ll become part of the standard installer package (probably at Audubon sale time).

..and my main SongbirdRemix.com page now shows a sneak page at the items soon to be released at the store.

Signature 

Posted: 05 February 2013 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

oooooo looking forward to Toucans 2

Posted: 05 February 2013 11:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2248
Joined  2012-02-04
Ken Gilliland - 10 January 2013 10:05 AM

<<snip>>
I designed this contest years ago to get artists to actually put birds in images.  With birds being the most common wildlife experience we have (walk outside—see a bird), it’s surprising to me how many birdless images there are.
<<snip>>

Ken, ever since I read this, I’ve been trying to put at least one bird in most renders I do. It does add a nice touch. Unfortunately, I don’t have much bird variety yet, but I plan to get more in the future.

Posted: 07 February 2013 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2006-10-07

Please, Ken, can you make a caracara?

3 of 9