Digital Art Zone

1 of 9
Songbird ReMix Open Rendering Season Contest Closes March 1st (commercial)
Posted: 06 January 2013 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2003-10-09

Songbird ReMix Open Rendering Season Contest Closes March 1st

It’s time again for my annual contest…

Click here for details and how to enter

You can create an image and/or animation using any theme and any 2D/3D programs as long as it uses a least one visible and discernible Songbird Remix bird. The judge panel is pretty diverse so a wide variety of style has equal chance (although judges tend to favor images that shown birds prominently). 

———————————————————————————
Grand Prize : $100 shopping spree at the Songbird ReMix Merchandise Store (or any 10 Songbird ReMix digital bird model series)  plus all Songbird ReMix Volumes that have and will be released in 2013 (approx. $100+ Value)
1st Prize: $50 shopping spree at the Songbird ReMix Merchandise Store (or any 5 Songbird ReMix digital bird model series) plus all Songbird ReMix Volumes that are/will be released in 2013 (approx. $100+ Value)
2nd Prize: $50 shopping spree at the Songbird ReMix Merchandise Store OR any 5 Songbird ReMix digital bird model series volumes (approx. $100 Value)
3rd Prize: $30 shopping spree at the Songbird ReMix Merchandise Store OR any 3 Songbird ReMix digital bird model series volumes (approx. $60 Value)
Honorable Mentions: Any Songbird ReMix digital bird model series volume (approx. $10-25 Value)
————————————————————————————

Below are works that have previously won or placed.  Second Image below: Prizes

Image Attachments
sbrmwinners.jpgsbrmcontest.jpg
 Signature 

Songbird ReMix.comSongbird ReMix Merchandise | SBRM Facebook

Posted: 06 January 2013 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7681
Joined  2006-03-19

Title edited to add the (commercial) tag

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 09 January 2013 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2031
Joined  2008-01-28

thanks Ken smile

Signature 

http://andrewfinnie.blogspot.com.au/

Posted: 10 January 2013 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7930
Joined  2009-05-14

I am so gutted I can’t enter this year and I was so looking forward to it again…Oh well I will have to make up for it next year. Hope it goes well Ken.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 10 January 2013 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1371
Joined  0

I wonder if because of the contest any of the songbird paks would be going on sale?

Signature 

“If you get a chance….Take it!  If it changes your life….Let it!.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”

Posted: 10 January 2013 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Kharma - 10 January 2013 09:03 AM

I wonder if because of the contest any of the songbird paks would be going on sale?

Sorry, Songbird Remix items only go on sale twice a year... once, during the Annual PA sale (now in September) and on my Annual Audubon Charity sale (in late April).  I limit my participation in sales, to keep the times my products are on sale, special.  The contest, though marked “Commercial”, isn’t really designed as a sales promotion (and I certainly won’t stop to you buying something in order to enter the contest LOL ).  I designed this contest years ago to get artists to actually put birds in images.  With birds being the most common wildlife experience we have (walk outside—see a bird), it’s surprising to me how many birdless images there are.

I will have probably one new bird product (which will have an intro price sale) available during the contest period.  It will be “Songbird Remix Waterfowl 1: Geese & Loons” . I guessing it will show up mid-to-late February.  I’m currently finishing up the Swan Car (preview on the Songbird ReMix Facebook Page).

Signature 

Posted: 13 January 2013 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1371
Joined  0

thanks for the info Ken, I have yet to enter any contest,  still in the learning everything process, but will definintely keep an eye out for your sales and maybe can enter something next year smile

Signature 

“If you get a chance….Take it!  If it changes your life….Let it!.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”

Posted: 13 January 2013 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2088
Joined  2003-10-09

yayyy the bird contest !!!!

Posted: 13 January 2013 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Kharma - 13 January 2013 11:01 AM

thanks for the info Ken, I have yet to enter any contest,  still in the learning everything process, but will definintely keep an eye out for your sales and maybe can enter something next year smile

You’ll always find the latest info on products and sales in my Monthly Newsletter, or the Songbird Remix Facebook page, or my website, SongbirdReMix.com.  I also have a Bird wiki that shows you every bird that’s available (including the freebies) in Songbird Remix format.

Signature 

Posted: 13 January 2013 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

you should enter this contest. The contest brings in people of all different skill levels. And you never know what is going to win.

Posted: 13 January 2013 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7930
Joined  2009-05-14

Too true LX. I thought what the hell and entered 4 years ago and got an HM the first and second time I entered which spurred me on to 1st place last year. It is my rendering highlight of the year which is why I am so sad I can’t enter this year.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 13 January 2013 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5592
Joined  2005-08-29

This is a great Contest Ken, and this year I can enter (I stocked up on songbirds when I had need for some months go). Even though I tend to buy stuff just because they look cool (spinal reflex or something), but I sometimes need to justify the purchase to myself with at least half a need wink

lets see what I can come up with (will be wacky of course)

Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 13 January 2013 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

i’ve entered 3 or 4 times so far and last year was the only one i walked away empty handed. I think one thing about this contest is its not so much how skilled you are at rendering, its how well you use the birds in your image. So even a total newbie has a good chance of walking away with a prize.

Posted: 13 January 2013 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
LycanthropeX - 13 January 2013 12:06 PM

you should enter this contest. The contest brings in people of all different skill levels. And you never know what is going to win.

This is very true. I use judges from many outside the 3D universe, in fact, only one judge works/use 3D and he’s known to pick art quality over 3D skill and technique.  Two of my judges are bird-centric but have been known to pick art and composition over substance and correct behavior.  The Art Gallery owner always pick best art and composition but prefers provocative imagery (either loud colors or imagery).  The final judge is a musician and her choice is always a surprise.

If you want correct bird behavior my included Field Guides or online wiki are excellent sources and will steer you in the right direction.

Signature 

Posted: 13 January 2013 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2282
Joined  2012-02-04

Maybe not a prize winner, but I like the spirit of freedom in this one. I made it very soon after buying the Hyacinth Macaw.

Image Attachments
Thor_Free_2.jpg

Posted: 13 January 2013 09:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2031
Joined  2008-01-28

lovely colouring in that bird!

Signature 

http://andrewfinnie.blogspot.com.au/

1 of 9