Digital Art Zone

25 of 26
DAZ Studio Pro, Version 4.5.1.56, is Now Available!
Posted: 19 April 2013 08:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 361 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14000
Joined  2003-10-09
Kyoto Kid - 18 April 2013 04:06 PM

WARNING: general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(1907): Empty absolutePath passed to DzContentMgr::getRelativePath()

...which to me sounds like it has something to do with the CMS.

This apparently occurs right after I change from the Posing/Shaping to Surfacing/Rendering tabs

Could do, it’s how DS gets the relative path (”/Runtime/Textures/Somefile”) from an absolute path (“C:/Users/Me/Documents/Runtime/Textures/Somefile”).

0(29) : warning C7050: “rgb” might be used before being initialized
Shader Program successfully linked.

Harmless - everyone gets that.

While not sure if this relates, to anything there are also multiple warnings related to Genesis that relate to SMay’s Stalker Girl and Mavka (example):

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4962): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Expressions/PHMScream.dsf#PHMScream?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/smay/StalkerGirl/MCMSGScream.dsf

Just means there’s an ERC link from a morph you have to one you don’t (Sin this case presumably talker Girl has a correction morph for the Scream morph from Evolution expressions, and you don’t have those). DS will simply ignore it, which is why it’s a warning and not an error.

In the error log it specified in a number of locations:

C:\Windows\system32\nvoglv64.DLL

Why would a 64 bit OS still use a system32 (32 bit) DLL call?

That’s a component of the nVidia driver, and despite its location note that the file name ends in 64. That does suggest that video is implicated.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 19 April 2013 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 362 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8520
Joined  2007-11-06
Gary_P - 19 April 2013 05:21 AM

I have some icons in the content that have an ! near them.  It says they are empty or can not find the content.  Is this a bug or did I miss an install?
I installed everything including the 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.11_trx, but it seems I have missing content.  I can post a pic if that will help.

Also I’m watching the videos trying to learn how to link to my DS3 content.  Actor Genisis is one, JS Pants is another, Shirt is another.

It looks really nice.

Sorry, I’ve been away for a while.  We finally moved to South Carolina.

Was this your first 4.5 install after a 4.0 version?  Those sound like leftovers from the DS4.0 version.  In the Content Library tab use the options menu (the rectangle with horizontal lines in the upper corner) > Content DB Maintenance > Remove Orphaned File References

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 19 April 2013 06:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 363 ]
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2004-08-04

Do I need to close DS4 then reopen it?  It seemed to do nothing.  Under People I have Genesis with a !
And is DS supposed to open with a textured model or a gray one?  I haven’t played DAZ Studio in almost a year.  This is really cool.

Posted: 19 April 2013 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 364 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  2012-04-07
Gary_P - 19 April 2013 06:23 PM

Do I need to close DS4 then reopen it?  It seemed to do nothing.  Under People I have Genesis with a !
And is DS supposed to open with a textured model or a gray one?  I haven’t played DAZ Studio in almost a year.  This is really cool.

grey ... unless you set the preferences to open with another scene at start

Signature 

Posted: 21 April 2013 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 365 ]
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2004-08-04

Then I’ll go in manually and remove them if I don’t need them.

Posted: 21 April 2013 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 366 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2006-01-30

Finally got round to updating to 4.5.1.56 - couple of things. Reality 2.0 now doesn’t show in the Render Menu (though I can bring it up via hotkeys), and also more importantly I can’t pan my camera. Usually I hold down alt and shift to pan, but it’s just not happening. Anyone else having this problem? I use this all the time, so it’s a major hassle.

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Gallery

Posted: 22 April 2013 06:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 367 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14000
Joined  2003-10-09

Window>Workspace<>Customise will allow you to add Reality to the render menu (fin it on he left, open Main Menus in the menu tab on the right, then render, then darg the command from left to the menu) and to check the viewport navigation modifiers and change them if need be (at te bottom of the dialogue).

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 22 April 2013 07:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 368 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2006-01-30

Thanks Richard - had never explored that part of DS before - works a treat.

wink

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Gallery

Posted: 22 April 2013 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 369 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  343
Joined  2011-12-30

Never mind, I figure it out.

Signature 

3D Artist Network.

Posted: 27 April 2013 12:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 370 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10998
Joined  2007-11-06

...just ran into the “Disappearing Cursor” issue.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 27 April 2013 02:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 371 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5743
Joined  2006-02-20

Disappearing cursor - mouse pointer going poof?

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/14562/P315/#292934

On my PC when pointer goes “poof”, I manouver (invisible) it to “Viewport options” top right hand corner of viewport and left click, it re-apears.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 27 April 2013 02:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 372 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

..thanks.  This is the first time since i had 4.5 on either my old 32 bit system of the new workstation that this has occurred.

Signature 

Posted: 01 May 2013 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 373 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...well, tonight I’ve had 4.5 freeze up five times with a Windows “Not Responding” error in less than an hour while in the surfacing tab using the Fabricator (the Silkessence expansion which I’ve applied in other scenes with no issues) on Sickle Yield’s Classy Swimwear.  I never had this kind of rubbish occur with this frequency until tonight.  This content accepts other fabricator textures (even freebie ones) so I don’t see why there would be a conflict with any of the plugin’s expansions.

The scene has one figure, no props, no background and using the default preview lights and the last time it happened the application froze at 500MB memory usage.

I have no other processes running other than those that are part of the OS
The system has no other applications such as Office Productivity software or Games to vie for processor/memory resources
Memory and CPU load in Task Manager are minimal
My GPU drivers are fully updated (OpenGL 4.3)
I have 1G GDDR5 on th GPU
I have 12G 1333 Tri Channel RAM
My CPU is using all eight threads to run 4.5

This is extremely frustrating considering I spent eighteen months of research and nearly 1,200$ (on a very tight budget) to purchase the components to build this system only to feel like I’m back on the old 32 bit rig.

——-

Update: I even uninstalled and reinstalled the Silkessence expansion and Classy Swimwear and it hung up in a loop again. The odd (and annoying) thing is I used this just earlier today on other clothing content and it worked fine.

I also tested the Silkessence expansion with other clothing and it applied the texture fine with no hangup.

Signature 

Posted: 04 May 2013 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 374 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2005-07-10

STILL getting the “Error running c:\Program Files\DAZ 3d\DAZStudio4/dzcoreutil.exe : child killed: unknown signal.  What does this mean?

Trying to install latest version, on HP xw6400 Workstation, Win 7 Ult with VCRuntimes all updated to the latest version. So don’t understand why it’s not installing….

Posted: 04 May 2013 07:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 375 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15632
Joined  2003-10-09
weavo - 04 May 2013 05:42 AM

STILL getting the “Error running c:\Program Files\DAZ 3d\DAZStudio4/dzcoreutil.exe : child killed: unknown signal.  What does this mean?

Trying to install latest version, on HP xw6400 Workstation, Win 7 Ult with VCRuntimes all updated to the latest version. So don’t understand why it’s not installing….

Hmm,  it’s quite a while since I have seen this error being queried   AFAICR The child killed error can be caused by a couple of things.  One is a conflict with some AV programs, can’t remember off hand which one, and the other is a missing .dll in the visual C++

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

25 of 26