Digital Art Zone

22 of 26
DAZ Studio Pro, Version 4.5.1.56, is Now Available!
Posted: 04 April 2013 12:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 316 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6588
Joined  2006-02-20
plops - 03 April 2013 06:37 PM
scotchfairy - 30 March 2013 02:37 PM

Hah.  I just had the “Mouse pointer goes *pouf*” problem while using my plain old Apple Magic Mouse (the thing that came with this iMac).  The kicker is that the pointer still *works*, it just can’t be seen.  That actually sounds like a problem with Daz, not the Wacom tablet drivers.

The only choice is to quit out and restart.

By the way, why isn’t there a “CLOSE” in the file menu?  That’s *always* been part of the Mac UI.  I can’t remember ever seeing a real program (not a hack) that broke that rule.

Hi!
Don’t know if I’m doin’ this right or not, if not , sorry.

On my PC when pointer goes “poof”, I manouver (invisible) it to “Viewport options” top right hand corner of viewport and left click, it re-apears.

Thank you! When my mouse pointer goes *poof* the next time, I will try that. Sounds much faster than closing and restarting!

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 05 April 2013 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 317 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  640
Joined  2009-08-28

Is there a gimp plug-in for this version?

Or will one ever be made??? Is anyone trying to make one

I really don’t want to spend the money on photoshop, really wish for a gimp plug-in

Posted: 06 April 2013 02:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 318 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20

I don’t think Gimp is able to do 3D, is it?
My version is a bit older (but works so nicely I don’t want to update ...)

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 06 April 2013 02:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 319 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-28

Gimp…does as much 3d as photshop…it sure isn’t going to model, if that’s what you mean.

Gimp is still a good post tool, to do touches, just what photoshop does…so…yeah. Gimp plug-in, so people can use a free source with daz

Posted: 06 April 2013 02:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 320 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20

Ehm - the Photoshop plugin is a 3D Bridge to Photoshop CS3 Extended or higher - which have 3D abilities.
It is not sending a picture to Photoshop, it is sending a 3D scene to Photoshop.

Signature 

Posted: 06 April 2013 03:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 321 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12572
Joined  2007-11-06

...sadly, .the responsibility for a GIMP to Daz Daz to Gimp bridge lies with the developers of GIMP.  I’ve already brought this up on the GIMP forums but still never received a reply.  Daz has no control over this.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 08 April 2013 09:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 322 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12572
Joined  2007-11-06

...OK, so now I keep losing my Default Camera and have this “Perspective View” instead.  Can’t move the perspective view using transition sliders (which is faster than using the in viewport pan control).  Why does this keep disappearing?

——-

Update:

OK found it in the preferences but had to manually turn it back on then exit the app and reopen it again to get it to show up.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 11 April 2013 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 323 ]
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2004-08-04

I have DS3 installed. 
Will it overwrite it, or can I mess with it side by side?  Oh, sorry.  Not at the same time.

Thanks.

Posted: 11 April 2013 07:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 324 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22
Gary_P - 11 April 2013 05:58 PM

or can I mess with it side by side?  Oh, sorry.  Not at the same time.

Thanks.

Yep, and you could if your PC will handle it.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 12 April 2013 01:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 325 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3836
Joined  2004-10-01
Gary_P - 11 April 2013 05:58 PM

I have DS3 installed. 
Will it overwrite it, or can I mess with it side by side?  Oh, sorry.  Not at the same time.

Thanks.

Yes you can. But you have to make sure you have the different versions installed in different folders. I use Studio 2.3 for Bryce 5.5, 3 for Bryce 6 and 4.5 for Bryce 7.1. I have all three Studio versions and all Bryce versions from 4 installed. When I launch Studio out of Bryce 7, it even asks me whether I want to start Studio 3 32-bit or Studio 4.5 64-bit.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 12 April 2013 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 326 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-28

Ok, question.

My friend download Daz pro. Alright, I could’ve sworn that Pro came with Auto-fit. Doesn’t it?

I mean, that was one of the things that I thought came with pro, because I talked to another friend saying he just bought Pro for the auto-fit (this was last year when it wasn’t free)

Does it not come with it anymore?

Posted: 12 April 2013 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 327 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15775
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes, AutoFit should be there - check that your friend “bought” DS 4 Pro from the store and entered the serial number.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 12 April 2013 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 328 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-28
Richard Haseltine - 12 April 2013 03:57 PM

Yes, AutoFit should be there - check that your friend “bought” DS 4 Pro from the store and entered the serial number.

He was using Daz, he was playing around with it and had Genesis. and he said, “the built-in one wasn’t working” and went and got into the store, ordered the auto-fit again…then said, “it’s working much better now.”

He wasn’t believing me when I said it came with it.

Posted: 13 April 2013 10:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 329 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2009-06-11
plops - 03 April 2013 06:37 PM
scotchfairy - 30 March 2013 02:37 PM

Hah.  I just had the “Mouse pointer goes *pouf*” problem while using my plain old Apple Magic Mouse (the thing that came with this iMac).  The kicker is that the pointer still *works*, it just can’t be seen.  That actually sounds like a problem with Daz, not the Wacom tablet drivers.

The only choice is to quit out and restart.

By the way, why isn’t there a “CLOSE” in the file menu?  That’s *always* been part of the Mac UI.  I can’t remember ever seeing a real program (not a hack) that broke that rule.

Hi!
Don’t know if I’m doin’ this right or not, if not , sorry.

On my PC when pointer goes “poof”, I manouver (invisible) it to “Viewport options” top right hand corner of viewport and left click, it re-apears.

Thanks for that tip. Been having that problem on my Dell Laptop since the earliest 4.5 version.

Posted: 14 April 2013 02:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 330 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20

And I had it happen just now - and the viewport options click worked! Hooray!

Signature 

22 of 26