Digital Art Zone

18 of 26
DAZ Studio Pro, Version 4.5.1.56, is Now Available!
Posted: 27 February 2013 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 256 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
marshian - 27 February 2013 10:19 AM
Richard Haseltine - 27 February 2013 09:13 AM

The workaround would be to use a shader with Translucence, such as uberSurface.

Thanks Richard! The Mystical Touch staffs are the solution then- They have UberSurface shader effects that I can study and duplicate for my own props. And WOW- there’s 50ish sliders/settings/maps to learn for UberSurface- lots of control there, very good.

I sent you an email, but the gist of it is…the negative scaling was ‘incorrect’ behavior…the current way is ‘correct’.  It was switched to fix a different bug…one that had much more of an impact and was very commonly encountered (black surfaces showing up in normal renders).

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 27 February 2013 02:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 257 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1398
Joined  2009-09-11

I have had the mouse pointer issue happen as well

Signature 

http://bobvan.deviantart.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37909888@N05/sets/

Posted: 04 March 2013 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 258 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2011-07-26

Essential plugins no longer working. I cannot work with Daz Studio without them:
MorphTools.dll
http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=2832240#2832240
and:
injectpmd_x32.dll
http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=72737

But they do not load anymore with this update. Is there some workaround???
I’m rather sure they worked with the previous 4.5. Is somebody working on this (like changing the DLL’s to work with the new interface or Daz supporting the old interface as fallback)?

And my 4.5 crashes on rendering, but since I don’t render in daz that’s no problem for me.

Posted: 05 March 2013 01:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 259 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13

InjectPMD has not worked in any version of 4.5 and barely worked in 4.0 (there was a beta that worked in the very first version of 4.0).

There is a java based PMD tool that does work, as it works on the original file and with the OS, not any particular program…

MorphExchange v0.6b Windows

http://www.kuroyumes-developmentzone.com/poser/freebies/

It works in Windows, OSX and Linux.

What does MorphTools do that isn’t included in DS4.5? (at least for DS native content…no, the tools don’t exist in DS4.5 to do those things to a cr2)

All the functions of MorphTools are there for creating DS native content. 

And sorry, but creating Poser native (cr2/pp2) based content is NOT the primary direction in DS4.5.  Also, it’s not the most efficient at doing so, anyway.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 05 March 2013 11:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 260 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2011-07-26
mjc1016 - 05 March 2013 01:36 AM

What does MorphTools do that isn’t included in DS4.5? (at least for DS native content…no, the tools don’t exist in DS4.5 to do those things to a cr2)

Morph Tools:
Spawn Morph - Combine multiple morphs on a figure into one morph
Inj / Rem Export - Export a morph on a figure as a set of Inj / Rem files
Morph To CR2 - Export a morph from a figure into a CR2 file

mjc1016 - 05 March 2013 01:36 AM

And sorry, but creating Poser native (cr2/pp2) based content is NOT the primary direction in DS4.5.  Also, it’s not the most efficient at doing so, anyway.

Poser native file formats have many advantages. They have been around for a long time. There are many tools and open source scripts and even many community scripts for different 3d software packages.
So if I can combine a morph combination into a new morph I can use this in many different tools and work with it. It has zero value for me to have the same functionality in Daz Studio if it can only be used in Daz Studio.

Poser formats are ugly as hell, so it would be better if I could export my stuff to fbx and collada. But fbx and collada export in Daz Studio is a joke, it was even better in Daz Studio 3. I don’t trust Daz anymore that they ever fix the problems with the exporters. So no, at the moment using Daz Studio only functionality is a no-go for me, at least until Daz shows commitment to fix the exporters.

Posted: 08 March 2013 06:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 261 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-01-31

I have tried to install DAZStudio_4.5.1.56_Mac64 and its asking for Genesis for startup.

But the location “My library” is empty. Genesis wasn`t installed at all.

Previous Version 4.0.3.47_Mac64 runs without problems.

My System: MacOSX 10.6.8

Best regards

Stefan

Posted: 08 March 2013 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 262 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13441
Joined  2003-10-09

The content was separated from the application - you need to isntall Genesis Starter Essentials too.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 08 March 2013 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 263 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2012-04-12

I’m starting to notice an odd quirk with the libraries in daz 4.5 64 bit win version the program will randomly lose track of files in my library. It is growing so I’m betting there is some general maintenance I’m not doing I’ve tried clearing it out and letting it research for the files but that does not appear to have helped.
Any suggestions?

Posted: 08 March 2013 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 264 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13
Siruis30 - 08 March 2013 09:42 AM

I’m starting to notice an odd quirk with the libraries in daz 4.5 64 bit win version the program will randomly lose track of files in my library. It is growing so I’m betting there is some general maintenance I’m not doing I’ve tried clearing it out and letting it research for the files but that does not appear to have helped.
Any suggestions?

That generally indicates a problem with the CMS…either database corruption, or if it happens with regularity, something is interfering with the running of the database server.

Next time something disappears, look to see if the CMS is still running…

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 09 March 2013 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 265 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10557
Joined  2007-11-06

...all the more I just want to set up a “classic” runtime structure and forget about all this Library, Smart Content, and CMS rubbish.

Why does it always seem so difficult to do things in a simple way?

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 09 March 2013 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 266 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8381
Joined  2007-11-06
Kyoto Kid - 09 March 2013 03:09 PM

...all the more I just want to set up a “classic” runtime structure and forget about all this Library, Smart Content, and CMS rubbish.

Why does it always seem so difficult to do things in a simple way?

You still can, you don’t have to use Smart Content or Categories.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 09 March 2013 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 267 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10557
Joined  2007-11-06

..yeah even with the Library, I still find myself searching manually for items.  Hence why I am in the process of setting up a custom categorised runtime structure on the new system.  Just not sure where to place the basic Genesis content so as not to have any path conflicts with it or other content that “needs to be in the same location as Genesis”.

So if I don’t intend to use the CMS or Smart Content, do I need to install the Metadata files?

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 09 March 2013 07:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 268 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8381
Joined  2007-11-06
Kyoto Kid - 09 March 2013 04:51 PM

..yeah even with the Library, I still find myself searching manually for items.  Hence why I am in the process of setting up a custom categorised runtime structure on the new system.  Just not sure where to place the basic Genesis content so as not to have any path conflicts with it or other content that “needs to be in the same location as Genesis”.

So if I don’t intend to use the CMS or Smart Content, do I need to install the Metadata files?

My understanding is that in DS4.5 you don’t have to have all Genesis morphs in the same content folder, but I haven’t tried it myself.

The metadata files are in the main installers anyway, you don’t need to run the separate ones anyway.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 09 March 2013 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 269 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  207
Joined  2006-01-26

Dunno others but this version has more crashes than .6 version, I suggest an autosave option because I’ve lost 3 scenes….TODAY.
why a bug catcher?, submit to bug forum site, whatevah its named, takes eons to be solved!

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/1312/
http://zilvergrafix.deviantart.com/

Posted: 16 March 2013 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 270 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2005-07-10

Tried the 64-bit version, but it won’t work, I have a 64-bit hp xw6400 workstation with win 7 64.  DS3 Advanced 64 bit works with no problems, but 4.5 pro doesn’t. “This application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.”

What’s going on here?

18 of 26