Digital Art Zone

17 of 26
DAZ Studio Pro, Version 4.5.1.56, is Now Available!
Posted: 14 February 2013 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 241 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  117
Joined  2005-02-19

Thank you, I understand. I’m discovering also the old problem that soft-body physics can’t be applied to rigged figures, only props. Do I export figures as obj and import as prop in Daz, same as in Poser also? A number of different Python scriptsw have been written to automate that rather dumb process—is there something similar to expedite conversion of cloth from conforming to dynamic in DS4?

Posted: 14 February 2013 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 242 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2005-09-01
emeyer - 14 February 2013 03:14 PM

Thank you, I understand. I’m discovering also the old problem that soft-body physics can’t be applied to rigged figures, only props. Do I export figures as obj and import as prop in Daz, same as in Poser also? A number of different Python scriptsw have been written to automate that rather dumb process—is there something similar to expedite conversion of cloth from conforming to dynamic in DS4?

DAZ Studio Dynamic Cloth is rigged. However it can only be created with a pair of special tools, one of them being Optitex, which is a Professional Level Clothing design software package.

Posted: 14 February 2013 10:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 243 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-02-19

Well, it’s impressive how much faster actrive content loads, especially if it has morphs, and Genesis provides compatiblity with gen3 and gen4 models.

However, file format compatibility beyond 3DS-level properties remains an issue, even with Daz’s own product, Carrara?

Posted: 14 February 2013 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 244 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-02-19

And thank you, I understand now there’s advantages in better zone control from rigging for dynamic cloth, but on the other hand, there’s advantages to basing cloth sones on shaders, as it supports arbitrary placement of rigid and choreographed objexcts, such as for instance buttons and straps; and also, soft-body simulation of other types of cloth besides clothing, such as curtains, flags, folded towels, flying carpets, etc

Posted: 15 February 2013 01:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 245 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6189
Joined  2006-02-20

How to get the Bryce and Hexagon bridges working:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/10508/

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 15 February 2013 10:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 246 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-02-19

Well, I’m grateful for the Daz Studio install manager. It downloaded most of the V3 and V4 content which I had purchased and put it in one folder. Big improvement )

Posted: 16 February 2013 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 247 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2010-11-30

DIM warns DazStudio updates? It would be nice.

Signature 

Daz Gallery: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/1434

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MarcosDKstudio
Web: http://www.marcosdk.net

Posted: 16 February 2013 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 248 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14830
Joined  2003-10-09
dkmarcos - 16 February 2013 09:18 AM

DIM warns DazStudio updates? It would be nice.

No, at this time it monitors only content for Poser and DAZ Studio, not content fro other applications (such as Carrara) and not plugins, shaders or base applications.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 19 February 2013 01:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 249 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  96
Joined  2010-12-25

Nice to see you fixed the LOD script. Now please make the body parts selectable with the manipulative tools when you select a LOD level other than base? wink

Posted: 20 February 2013 06:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 250 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  321
Joined  2004-09-07

I’m having problems with this version. There’s a bug. The mouse pointer continues to disappear, and the scenes jerk around, causing the arrow to skip from one transition to another. Just crazy behavior. This was happening on a previous version, like - back in the early 4.0 version and now, it’s back again.

I was in the middle of a bookcover as well. I don’t want to jump into Poser to finish it, the lighting is different and it takes me too long to get things working right in there.

Ugggh…

Signature 

Mercedes Keyes
Amber Swann Publishing Inc.
Facebook
Published Novels
DeviantArt
3D Graphics Art Community - Google+ Join me there

Posted: 20 February 2013 07:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 251 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6189
Joined  2006-02-20

Do you have a Wacom tablet?
It was/is the tablet that is invoking that behaviour for me.
Sorry, I am still working with 4.5.1.6, because I am in the middle of something ...

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 20 February 2013 07:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 252 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  321
Joined  2004-09-07

No I don’t - but I wish I’d stayed there until I finished what I was doing. And I can’t go back because then I wouldn’t be able to open the characters I’ve made in this verison. Oh well, I’ll have to close it when it starts and reopen it until I get done. I’m saving all the way, so long as I do, I can close it and reopen.

Cheers

Signature 

Mercedes Keyes
Amber Swann Publishing Inc.
Facebook
Published Novels
DeviantArt
3D Graphics Art Community - Google+ Join me there

Posted: 27 February 2013 07:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 253 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  155
Joined  2011-09-24

A couple challenges with this update- negative scaling not working and (seemingly) longer render times.
• I went from 4.5.1.6 to 4.5.1.56
• Mac Os 10.6.8 Intel Core 2 Duo 32 bit

In the previous version (4.5.1.6) I could use negative scaling on an object (with a point light inside) so that it appeared to glow from the inside and now this doesn’t work. Also it seems the render times (default settings) have gotten twice as long.

I couldn’t find much at all on the web with other people having this trouble (some here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/11839/) and I couldn’t find a bug report here: https://bugs.daz3d.com/view_all_bug_page.php

Is there a work around within DS for negative scaling? If not I’ll go ahead and report it. This image shows previous renders on top when the effect was working.

Thanks for lending an ear.

Image Attachments
negative_scaling_comparison.png
 Signature 

My Store
My Gallery
A captain’s goal was simple: find a crew, find a job… keep flying.
-Firefly

Posted: 27 February 2013 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 254 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14830
Joined  2003-10-09

The workaround would be to use a shader with Translucence, such as uberSurface.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 27 February 2013 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 255 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  155
Joined  2011-09-24
Richard Haseltine - 27 February 2013 09:13 AM

The workaround would be to use a shader with Translucence, such as uberSurface.

Thanks Richard! The Mystical Touch staffs are the solution then- They have UberSurface shader effects that I can study and duplicate for my own props. And WOW- there’s 50ish sliders/settings/maps to learn for UberSurface- lots of control there, very good.

Signature 

My Store
My Gallery
A captain’s goal was simple: find a crew, find a job… keep flying.
-Firefly

17 of 26