Digital Art Zone

15 of 26
DAZ Studio Pro, Version 4.5.1.56, is Now Available!
Posted: 28 January 2013 09:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 211 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1610
Joined  2008-11-10
Celtic_Knight - 28 January 2013 09:12 PM

I, unfortunately, went against my gut feelings and went ahead anyways and did the update for Daz Studio 4.5 to 4.5.1.56, thinking it would be safe. What a HUGE MISTAKE! If you’re a D|S person, DO NOT…I REPEAT…DO NOT use the current update! It will screw your GENS up and you will NOT be able to work, conform or individualize them at all.
Due to this, I’ve had to completely uninstall everything,program, content folder, everything and start all over fresh. This will take days to do and I now must begin the task of going through everything to see what I want to reinstall or have to, and what to leave out this time. This is NOT a task I look forward to.
As the old saying goes, “If it’s not broke, DON’T fix it”!
Again, for your D|S users, DO NOT install the current update!

Sorry, not true here. Just did the update and tried to conform the gens. It works, with all the custom morphs I made for it.

Posted: 28 January 2013 09:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 212 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14

Depending on what version of the Genesis Starter Essentials you have it might be possible that there are issues.  The latest version of GSE is 1.6 I believe and I don’t see to have issues using that version.

Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 29 January 2013 01:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 213 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2003-12-01

Is there an up to date explanation of the bone pinning system?  It seems buggy and I have seen others say the same elsewhere but the issue doesn’t seem to register in the forum much.  I can’t figure out a good way to animate without pinning the feet and once you get past basic up down movements it seems to fall apart.  I am willing to admit I may be doing something wrong but can’t find up to date info.

Posted: 29 January 2013 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 214 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  75
Joined  2009-06-11
adamr001 - 28 January 2013 09:45 PM

Depending on what version of the Genesis Starter Essentials you have it might be possible that there are issues.  The latest version of GSE is 1.6 I believe and I don’t see to have issues using that version.

Actually the latest version of GSE is 1.11 (Thats one point eleven which is higher then one point six) that is the one shipping with the current version of DAZ Studio and the DSON Importer for Poser.

Posted: 03 February 2013 04:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 215 ]
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2008-12-17
DoctorJellybean - 11 January 2013 06:01 AM

It depends on how far you want to go for a clean install. I usually perform the following:

Uninstall DS4. Make sure you uninstall all the plug-ins, etc. Once everything is uninstalled, make sure you have no DAZStudio4 directories in either or both:
C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D
C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D

Also stop the Content Manager Service and uninstall. Goto
%ProgramData%\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\databases

in Windows Explorer, and delete the database files.

Reboot. Before reinstalling, open Regedit. Do a search for Keys only, using this as the search string:
Studio4

Do a search in HKEY_CURRENT_USER
It should find the following:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DAZ\Studio4
Right-click on Studio4 in the left pane, and select Delete.
Reboot once again, and re-install. You will need to re-import your directories, Metadata, etc, in DS4 as all the settings are now gone.

ONLY DO REGISTRY PART IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

I just want to thank DoctorJellybean for the advice above. It completely fixed the crashing problems I was having with 4.5.1.56.

I had previously tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the extra steps above made all the difference.

Posted: 04 February 2013 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 216 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2003-10-09

The install file for Decimator (64-bit for PC) was caught by my Norton Anti-Virus saying it had a virus in it and promptly deleted the downloaded file.  I didn’t have any problems with the 32-bit version.  I don’t have any need for Decimator, but thought I’d mention it.

Posted: 04 February 2013 07:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 217 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5059
Joined  2012-04-07
whbos - 04 February 2013 07:29 PM

The install file for Decimator (64-bit for PC) was caught by my Norton Anti-Virus saying it had a virus in it and promptly deleted the downloaded file.  I didn’t have any problems with the 32-bit version.  I don’t have any need for Decimator, but thought I’d mention it.

If an .exe file is incomplete it can resemble a baddie so the AVs will delete them. So a reset, clear the cache and tell Norton’s to ignore the download ... and hopefully you could download a full installer. Either one needs a key though to work. Doesn’t come free with D/S4.Pro free although they give us those installers.

Signature 

Posted: 05 February 2013 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 218 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  289
Joined  2005-08-25
scorer - 29 January 2013 01:48 AM

Is there an up to date explanation of the bone pinning system?  It seems buggy and I have seen others say the same elsewhere but the issue doesn’t seem to register in the forum much.  I can’t figure out a good way to animate without pinning the feet and once you get past basic up down movements it seems to fall apart.  I am willing to admit I may be doing something wrong but can’t find up to date info.

i reported a bug report about this a while ago, it seems daz is working on this.
but, think we se this working in dazstudio 5.

https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=41253

Signature 

DAZSTUDIO FUTURE REQUESTS - CLICK ME TO JOIN
Feel free to join, sign and vote for dazstudio future improvements.
(620 users and still counting up to 1000) would like to see improvements, and you?

What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?

Posted: 10 February 2013 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 219 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2007-12-26

Can any one tell me how to get the transparent background when I save a render as a png,  I had it before but I don’t have it now and I know it has to be a setting I just can not find it! Thanks so much!

Posted: 10 February 2013 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 220 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4544
Joined  2004-08-11

I thought the PNG generated a transparent background automatically. If you have the scene filled with stuff your not going to get any transparency but if it’s just a singular figure or prop it SHOULD save with transparency/no background fill.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 10 February 2013 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 221 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-12-26

It is a single figure, no background but when I save it using the png format It has a grey background, it never used too, it used to be transparent.
Pat

Image Attachments
V4_imprisonment_hearts_5.png

Posted: 10 February 2013 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 222 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Downloaded it and opened it up in Irfanview . It’s got a totally transparent background!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 10 February 2013 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 223 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-12-26

Sorry I sent the one I had tubed this is the way it saves

Image Attachments
V4_imprisonment_hearts_5.png

Posted: 10 February 2013 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 224 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Yup, that’s got the default gray background.  So when your render window is finished you use the side drop down and choose png after you name it and it’s exporting like that?  That’s very odd.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 10 February 2013 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 225 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-12-26

Yes that is the way it saves, I used to give me the transparent background but that was several updates ago. I have to tube each figure to use it for what I want to use it for. I was hoping it was a setting I had not found yet.

15 of 26