Digital Art Zone

11 of 26
DAZ Studio Pro, Version 4.5.1.56, is Now Available!
Posted: 20 January 2013 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 151 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1796
Joined  2005-12-31

Spit. you said it was like other stores don’t exist. If that is true it is the responsibility of the content creators at the other stores to do the metadata and DAZ has absolutely no way of controlling if or how it is done. So the other stores not seeming to exist lays squarly at the feet of the content producers at other stores.

Posted: 21 January 2013 12:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 152 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  551
Joined  2005-09-12
Kyoto Kid - 20 January 2013 04:24 PM

...could you post a sceenshot of how this looks in windows?  I’m sort of following it but still have a few questions.

Let’s see if I can do this without screwing up big time.

The first image is the list of the directories I created; the second shows how the directories are defined to studio;  and the third is the way the gen5 directory looks after content is installed to it. Please note that I did NOT create any of the structure under gen5 myself.

Image Attachments
s4-my-dir.jpgS4-dir.jpggen5-subdir.jpg
 Signature 

The only constant is change—and it’s a variable.

Posted: 21 January 2013 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 153 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1029
Joined  2003-10-09
Khory - 20 January 2013 09:12 PM

Spit. you said it was like other stores don’t exist. If that is true it is the responsibility of the content creators at the other stores to do the metadata and DAZ has absolutely no way of controlling if or how it is done. So the other stores not seeming to exist lays squarly at the feet of the content producers at other stores.

You’re right, Khory, but I didn’t explain myself very well. DAZ should know there’s a strong possibility that vendors in other stores won’t bother with the metadata so DAZ should have given us a way to work around it. I appreciate that DAZ went to the trouble of putting metadata in much of the older stuff. We only have to reset and download. And that makes the lack of it from other vendors even more glaring. Oh well, damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

Posted: 21 January 2013 03:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 154 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5927
Joined  2006-02-20

Well - I still don’t use CMS and I am still using my many external runtimes sorted by me and things inside renamed and sorted by me.
In Dazstudio I just use the Tree view and all is well.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 21 January 2013 04:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 155 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Kerya - 21 January 2013 03:29 AM

Well - I still don’t use CMS and I am still using my many external runtimes sorted by me and things inside renamed and sorted by me.

Thanks, Kerya. Sounds good to me. Instead of fretting about it I think I’ll just dig in. grin

Posted: 21 January 2013 12:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 156 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  299
Joined  2008-10-01
Spit - 21 January 2013 04:07 AM

Thanks, Kerya. Sounds good to me. Instead of fretting about it I think I’ll just dig in. grin

That’s the spirit!!!

I gave up on the whole Smart Content thing pretty early on, realising that trying to adapt everything to it, changing categories, editing all the dsx files etc, would be a full time, and thankless task! So I still use my current system of multiple runtimes across multiple drives, organised the way I want it, which therefore means I can find anything I want to in no time. (Figuratively, not literally that is. To manage doing anything in no time at all would at the very least require me to move faster than the speed of light, which at my age is pushing it!)

Posted: 21 January 2013 10:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 157 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11203
Joined  2007-11-06
namffuak - 21 January 2013 12:13 AM

...could you post a sceenshot of how this looks in windows?  I’m sort of following it but still have a few questions.

The first image is the list of the directories I created; the second shows how the directories are defined to studio;  and the third is the way the gen5 directory looks after content is installed to it. Please note that I did NOT create any of the structure under gen5 myself.

...thank you, that helps. 

So basically, when you install Genesis/Gen5 content, you just direct it to the Gen5 folder and let it go through the normal install routine where it creates/populates the various subfolders.

Also did you just map the “S4 Stuff” folder or do each one of the individual folders need to be mapped separately?

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 21 January 2013 10:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 158 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  551
Joined  2005-09-12
Kyoto Kid - 21 January 2013 10:02 PM
namffuak - 21 January 2013 12:13 AM

...thank you, that helps. 

So basically, when you install Genesis/Gen5 content, you just direct it to the Gen5 folder and let it go through the normal install routine where it creates/populates the various subfolders.

Yup. And I put all the Generation 4 items in the Gen4 folder, and so forth.

Kyoto Kid - 21 January 2013 10:02 PM

Also did you just map the “S4 Stuff” folder or do each one of the individual folders need to be mapped separately?

I map all the individual folders. Each is effectively a separate content or runtime folder. My layout represents a total re-install I started after studio 4 came out. You might want to set up a folder for genesis and then add all your studio 3 folders into the studio 4 list.

One other item. That ‘mydata’ folder at the top of the DAZ Studio directory list - Studio stores scene data and other such in the data folder of the FIRST studio format folder in the list - so I set that one up specifically for the scenes to make backups easier.

Signature 

The only constant is change—and it’s a variable.

Posted: 22 January 2013 12:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 159 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11203
Joined  2007-11-06

...thanks again.

If I add the Studio3 folders to the Studio4 list, will I be able to access them with Studio3Advanced? 

The reason this concerns me is I will still be running 3Advanced (64 bit) so I can use LDP2/Azure Skies and Reality2 (LDP2 doesn’t work in 4.5 and I can’t afford to upgrade to Reality 2.5 or the forthcoming Reality3).  As I understand, I can set up and pose Genesis characters in 4.5 and save them as .objs to be imported in 3Advanced. I know this may sound odd considering the workstation should have little trouble rendering the newer UE light sets, but I still like the look that LDP2 gives to certain types of scenes.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 22 January 2013 05:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 160 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  504
Joined  2005-01-18
Dr Stupid - 21 January 2013 12:51 PM

That’s the spirit!!!

I gave up on the whole Smart Content thing pretty early on, realising that trying to adapt everything to it, changing categories, editing all the dsx files etc, would be a full time, and thankless task! So I still use my current system of multiple runtimes across multiple drives, organised the way I want it, which therefore means I can find anything I want to in no time. (Figuratively, not literally that is. To manage doing anything in no time at all would at the very least require me to move faster than the speed of light, which at my age is pushing it!)

I do the same. Also because I use Poser as well as DS so I don’t bother with metadata and support files at all. grin
The only thing that may be not so easy to do is just because of all my external runtimes I sometimes want to use something that’s not in one I’m added already tongue laugh but then again, I’m used to it and adding one when I want to use it after-all is very easy nowadays.

Love, Jeanne smile

Signature 

I am what I am, my own special creation

Posted: 22 January 2013 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 161 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
JeanneM - 22 January 2013 05:49 AM
Dr Stupid - 21 January 2013 12:51 PM

That’s the spirit!!!

I do the same. Also because I use Poser as well as DS so I don’t bother with metadata and support files at all. grin
The only thing that may be not so easy to do is just because of all my external runtimes I sometimes want to use something that’s not in one I’m added already tongue laugh but then again, I’m used to it and adding one when I want to use it after-all is very easy nowadays.

Love, Jeanne smile

And another comes out of the closet! Thanks for adding your voice, Jeanne

The only thing I’m doing that is a little extra beyond install, organize, and forget is eliminating metadata from being processed after installing exe’s into my temp install folder for Poser stuff. I just don’t like to clutter up a db with records that are invalid from the gitgo. Probably not even necessary if I periodically go into database management and select ‘remove orphaned file references’.

I haven’t used Poser for years so have had almost total flexibility in organizing my 212 gigs of runtimes and I’m satisfied with that.

Posted: 22 January 2013 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 162 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  186
Joined  2008-06-01

Follow up: Not that anybody cares but here I go…

So I followed DoctorJellyBean’s uninstall and reinstall formula down to the letter and installed 4.5.1.56.
No difference… scene bloat is a very real issue! It takes anywhere from 7 to 16 minutes or more for a scene to load.
Mind you these scenes are heavy with autofit and mesh smoothing in place and a bunch of other things like fitted hair and so forth.
Still it is so unbelievavbly slow and very frustrating when you wanna just in there and get going… oh well!  (:(
I may look into trying the raid system as my new setup is ready for it; install programs on a fast hdd or ssd drive and everything else on a 1 tb hdd or hybrid.
But I’ll have to reinstall again… waaaahhhh!  {:O

Posted: 22 January 2013 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 163 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2012-06-28

just a simple question

on announce i read DAZStudio_4.5.1.56

after reset on my account i have DAZStudio_4.5.1.49_Win64_Bundle.zip - PC

does that version is same as annouced?

Posted: 22 January 2013 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 164 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  299
Joined  2008-10-01
cm152335 - 22 January 2013 07:24 PM

just a simple question

I may be wrong, but I think that’s what you get when you reset the beta. If you do a reset on, or “purchase”, the current release candidate you should get 4.5.1.56.

Posted: 23 January 2013 03:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 165 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2012-06-28
Dr Stupid - 22 January 2013 07:40 PM
cm152335 - 22 January 2013 07:24 PM

just a simple question

I may be wrong, but I think that’s what you get when you reset the beta. If you do a reset on, or “purchase”, the current release candidate you should get 4.5.1.56.

how many days i must do RESET?

before it was the 19 and after reset the 49 is comin, but not the 56!

anyway, as usual they will fix ,,
thx.

11 of 26