Digital Art Zone

3 of 6
DSON Importer for Poser 1.0.0.56 is now available! 
Posted: 16 January 2013 06:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  191
Joined  2003-10-09

There is one thing you could try: Delete the following folder: C:\Users\Public\Poser 9 Content\Runtime\DSON\auto_adapted
This folder is where genesis is loaded from if you do not have a separate runtime for the genesis content.
In one of your installation attempts (now or previously) this content may have been created at this location and may now interfere with the new installation.

Explanation:
The location where the intermediate genesis content is stored is called the “writable runtime” and can be changed with the python scripts. When Poser gets a relative path for a resource, it uses the runtime order to find the actual resource. In your case it may find the wrong one

Posted: 16 January 2013 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2009-09-12

Yes 3 times - I have even downloaded the files again.

Signature 

PC - Windows 7 64 bit, Poser Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.6

Posted: 16 January 2013 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  191
Joined  2003-10-09
Saruna - 16 January 2013 03:15 PM

Yes 3 times - I have even downloaded the files again.

You have to explictly delete them, they won’t be uninstalled. They are generated the first time when DSON is loading genesis unless they already exist.

But if you have done that and it did not help, then it is another problem

Posted: 16 January 2013 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2009-09-12

Thank you for your help.

I have tried with deleting an reinstalling Dsonimporter.
I even have started Poser as an administrator - allways the same failure message.

Signature 

PC - Windows 7 64 bit, Poser Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.6

Posted: 17 January 2013 01:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  521
Joined  2006-07-28

Um ... My eyes hurt now!  Color coding is absolutely evil!

Apparently, since I was logged into the Zen desk to respond to the ticket I’d opened there, I was already logged in to the Mantis Bug tracker when I went there.

Frank0314 - 13 January 2013 11:42 AM

https://bugs.daz3d.com You will need to sign up for an account

On another note, after installing the latest DSON Installer for Poser, my Library froze within a few minutes of loading Genesis.  I closed Poser and and started a new scene after launching Poser again.  Within a few minutes of loading Genesis, my Library froze again. 

The first time, I loaded Genesis, dialed Julia, located and applied a texture, loaded a clothing item, then ran the Transfer Active Morphs.  When I went to switch to Poses, the Library no longer responded.

The second time, I loaded V5, loaded the Elven Dress, Cape, and Hood, loaded a Pose, ran the Transfer Active Morphs.  Then I deleted the clothing because the dress was going to require too much fiddling to work with the pose.  But when I went to switch to Characters, the Library no longer responded. 

Both times, the Library froze shortly after Transferring Active Morphs.  Since I’ve been able to work on scenes with Genesis for much longer than these two times, I got a little suspicious.  I don’t always Transfer Active Morphs immediately since the results are so inconsistent.

The third time, I loaded M5, clothing, hair, textures, and posed M5.  Then I loaded V5, clothing, hair, textures, and posed V5.  This took about a half hour, and my Library was still responsive.  So ... I Transferred Active Morphs.

Immediately, the Library no longer responded.

Quite interesting indeed.

Signature 

Satira Capriccio on deviantART

Posted: 17 January 2013 06:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15119
Joined  2003-10-09

Did you get a progress bar with the transfer process?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 17 January 2013 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2006-08-28

Can someone please tell me how to use this or where I can find instructions on how to use it, Please.
red face

Posted: 17 January 2013 08:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-07-28

I see a list of morphs scrolling by as they are being transferred to all the clothing in the scene.  Whether or not that was as a “Progress Bar,” I don’t remember.

Richard Haseltine - 17 January 2013 06:48 AM

Did you get a progress bar with the transfer process?

Signature 

Posted: 18 January 2013 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2367
Joined  2007-12-13

Yes, I think that’s what he meant, right from the earlier releases you were supposed to disable this. It was known to cause freezes, but, they still kept it in.

Just out of interest, where is your main Poser library installed? Since I moved mine to my Documents library, the same one as the DSON’ed Genesis content is installed in, it seems to be much more stable. I just checked to see what happened with my library and the current DSON and nothing did. As per the usual library location for PP2012 you do need a dummy Poser.exe in there or the Daz installers get lost.

CHEERS!

Posted: 18 January 2013 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1046
Joined  2007-11-28
beckywlms - 17 January 2013 07:42 PM

Can someone please tell me how to use this or where I can find instructions on how to use it, Please.
red face

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/start

smile

Signature 

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
\Who gives a Rat’s Keister how many posts I had at the old Forum? LOL

Posted: 24 January 2013 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-07-28

There is no progress bar when loading Genesis.  The DSON Importer Preference to Show Progress On Load is unchecked.  It’s when the Active Morphs are transferred that I see indications of morphs being transferred to the clothing.  Quite strange to see head morphs being transferred to pants and shoes.

I keep Genesis content out of main Poser runtimes.  I don’t like the additional folders that are created with DS content and they aren’t used by Poser.

So Genesis is in DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime.

Rogerbee - 18 January 2013 06:43 AM

Yes, I think that’s what he meant, right from the earlier releases you were supposed to disable this. It was known to cause freezes, but, they still kept it in.

Just out of interest, where is your main Poser library installed? Since I moved mine to my Documents library, the same one as the DSON’ed Genesis content is installed in, it seems to be much more stable. I just checked to see what happened with my library and the current DSON and nothing did. As per the usual library location for PP2012 you do need a dummy Poser.exe in there or the Daz installers get lost.

CHEERS!

Signature 

Posted: 25 January 2013 03:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

Are you still having problems?

I can’t really remember what’s what with DSON now. I’ve switched back to DS itself and am actually beginning to enjoy it. Genesis makes more sense in its natural habitat and Autofit is a doddle, well, it is when you have the right body shapes installed! It’s certainly better than Transfer Active Morphs will ever be. DSON will only ever be a compromise, I can see that now.

CHEERS!

Posted: 25 January 2013 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1002
Joined  2005-11-27
Rogerbee - 25 January 2013 03:14 AM

Are you still having problems?

I can’t really remember what’s what with DSON now. I’ve switched back to DS itself and am actually beginning to enjoy it. Genesis makes more sense in its natural habitat and Autofit is a doddle, well, it is when you have the right body shapes installed! It’s certainly better than Transfer Active Morphs will ever be. DSON will only ever be a compromise, I can see that now.

CHEERS!

I think that now that Genesis is finally in Poser, they will eventually make things work even better. Maybe not until the next version of Poser, however.

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 25 January 2013 12:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

I doubt I’ll be bothering with a new version of Poser, any new version of DS will be free!

CHEERS!

Posted: 27 January 2013 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-12-15
Saruna - 11 January 2013 01:05 PM

Hi,

Do you have any ideas?

I have seen from others that after installing DSON, if this happens try installing the SR3 update for Poser again, each I read that did so eleminated this ‘call problem’

3 of 6