2 of 7
cripeman tutorials
Posted: 09 December 2012 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6177
Joined  2006-08-27
3drendero - 09 December 2012 06:01 AM

Good to have you back, there isalways a need for a new tutorial.
Please buy an usb harddrive for backup, to recover faster the next time you deep fry the computer.
As soon as I understand the CarraraCafe layout I’ll post the new tuts there too.

Personally, I look for Firewire or a combination of Firewire/USB.

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 09 December 2012 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2003-10-09

Yeah I have a Passport external for now. But, what was cool about this one is it came with a HUGE second HD.

Posted: 09 December 2012 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  546
Joined  2003-10-09
cripeman - 09 December 2012 05:12 AM

LOLYeah fried my laptop. Got an AWESOME deal on a used Mac Pro for 1/3 the price of the laptop.

But ... the new forums do take some getting used to. Just as an FYI ... if what happened to me happens to you ... DAZ has everything you’ve bought from them backed up. LOL

Except for the original Mike and Vicky. Which is a bummer. ::(:

Did you check your Itemized Order History and try resetting them? Or does nothing happen? They should be listed in there as Millennium Woman “Victoria” and Millennium Man “Michael”

Posted: 10 December 2012 07:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
Kevin Sanderson - 09 December 2012 04:31 PM
cripeman - 09 December 2012 05:12 AM

LOLYeah fried my laptop. Got an AWESOME deal on a used Mac Pro for 1/3 the price of the laptop.

But ... the new forums do take some getting used to. Just as an FYI ... if what happened to me happens to you ... DAZ has everything you’ve bought from them backed up. LOL

Except for the original Mike and Vicky. Which is a bummer. ::(:

Did you check your Itemized Order History and try resetting them? Or does nothing happen? They should be listed in there as Millennium Woman “Victoria” and Millennium Man “Michael”

Found ‘em ... Thanks Kevin.

Posted: 10 December 2012 08:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  546
Joined  2003-10-09

You’re welcome and thank you for the tutes! smile

Posted: 10 December 2012 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6476
Joined  2007-12-04

Yeah,
even as technology and technique send us towards the new and awesome products, Mike and Vicky are still some incredibly cool figures - with LOTS of supporting products as well. I have three separate hard drives that I use for the sole purpose of saving my DAZ installers. Once a year, around Christmas time, I connect the drives again and organize all of that year’s purchases into the organizational folders and back that drive up onto the other two. Seems a bit ridiculous until you’ve lost a pile of valuable data due to corruption or a failed device.

Then as I replace my main drives in my computer, I recycle those into more backup storage. Heck I’m not using those drives for anything anymore anyways, so…

whoa… “anything anymore anyways… I like that!
Thing is, I’ve noticed that many of the files I have stored have been updated since I’ve stored them. Makes me glad that Daz is so nice about resetting my stash!

BTW,
Cripeman, I love your tutorials. You do this community a great service!
Thanks!

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 10 December 2012 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
evilproducer - 09 December 2012 10:19 AM
3drendero - 09 December 2012 06:01 AM

Good to have you back, there isalways a need for a new tutorial.
Please buy an usb harddrive for backup, to recover faster the next time you deep fry the computer.
As soon as I understand the CarraraCafe layout I’ll post the new tuts there too.

Personally, I look for Firewire or a combination of Firewire/USB.

The drives I speak of in my previous post are internal - so I bought this great little box that works for SATA and IDE interface drives and converts them to USB. Works so nicely that I plan to get a couple more. Mine is made by Masscool - but there are many others.

I’m also a glutton for those little USB hard drives when they go on sale. Got a 1.5 TB GoDrive for less than a hundred bucks a while back. That thing keeps an entire backup of ALL of my runtime folders - negating the need for all of those installer backups! But you never know when you want to build a new runtime folder structure - so I just like to save everything wink

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 10 December 2012 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  401
Joined  2012-04-01

Woohoo, finally got the CarraraCafe layout and my crappy mobile internet to work long enough to post a new Cripeman tutorial:
http://carraracafe.com/?page_id=710

Got a backlog to do, to tired now though.

Signature 

Everything about Carrara: http://www.carraracafe.com/

Posted: 11 December 2012 06:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Like.

Posted: 11 December 2012 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  547
Joined  0

As an utter noob I wanted to thank you for your extensive tutorials Cripeman. You along with several forum members are the reason I am slowly learning Cararra. I still get frustrated and go back to DS4.5 occasionally but I’m learning!

Signature 

Having trouble with clothing/props not showing in Daz 4.5? Take a look at this thread:

Thread in Nuts And Bolts forum

Posted: 11 December 2012 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  401
Joined  2012-04-01

Updated with 3 more links at http://carraracafe.com/
Still some left on the backlog, but getting closer…

Signature 

Everything about Carrara: http://www.carraracafe.com/

Posted: 11 December 2012 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Thanks 3drendero! wink

Signature 

Posted: 11 December 2012 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6177
Joined  2006-08-27
Dartanbeck - 10 December 2012 12:15 PM

....Then as I replace my main drives in my computer, I recycle those into more backup storage. Heck I’m not using those drives for anything anymore anyways, so…

whoa… “anything anymore anyways… I like that!....

Thanks!

Haha! I can tell you live near Door County!  (From one Cheesehead to another!) LOL wink

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 11 December 2012 10:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
3drendero - 11 December 2012 01:22 PM

Updated with 3 more links at http://carraracafe.com/
Still some left on the backlog, but getting closer…

Too cool man ... thanx.

Posted: 24 December 2012 11:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  153
Joined  2012-02-14

Thanks, Cripeman!

Your tut on rendering a muzzle flash saved me.  I was trying to figure out how to do it with an emitter.

2 of 7