Digital Art Zone

From Scratch
Posted: 03 January 2013 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  816
Joined  2009-06-14

Ok as a part of my “I’m finally going to learn to do this stuff…”

I plan on creating something so going to start researching the flow.  Usually once I do something once, I pretty much got it.

So the idea is to make like socks or underwear from start to installation that I can use.  (I assume, and that could be wrong, that even though the approach is basically the same that doing socks or underwear would be a lot simpler than let’s say a ballroom dress).

I do plan on trying it for Genesis.  I do have all the older stuff too but find I hang out more with Genesis than before and apart from not having a lot of clothing and stuff I would like I really like the Genesis shape more.

It would be cool to be able to make a complete person eventually.  I usually buy everything (spend a lot lol) but it would be great to say, “Hey, I did that.”

I’m installing Hexagon tonight.  I know I’ll need a modeling program so maybe scrounge around and find some tutorials.  I’ve already been looking.

And I’ve seen a lot of buzzwords like template, UV, Mesh, etc.  I have no idea how all of those fit together but it should be fun finding out.  I also do tutorials at work so once I find out the basics I can make myself a How to guide.  I’m getting older so memory isn’t as good as I would like any more.

Anyway,  was there a question in all of that?  Hmmmmm.

Posted: 03 January 2013 09:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4746
Joined  2008-03-06

If those words are strange to you, you’ll need to start with a tutorial on modeling in Hex.

When you’ve got a mesh modeled around Genesis, come back and we’ll go from there.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 03 January 2013 10:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  816
Joined  2009-06-14

Thanks!  Actually I started the first tutorial tonight. 

And BTW, I like the stuff you make.  I bought several things this week and especially was interested in the morphs.

Posted: 03 January 2013 10:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4746
Joined  2008-03-06

Great!  Morphing can be very fun and rewarding.  We’ll make sure you learn that, too. grin

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 03 January 2013 11:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2202
Joined  2005-09-05
SickleYield - 03 January 2013 10:08 PM

Great!  Morphing can be very fun and rewarding.  We’ll make sure you learn that, too. grin

Beat me to it…geekatplay are the best place to start.

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents