Carrara Community Movie Project Year 1 -- Story Ideas Welcomed
Carrara is pretty much the sweetest bit of software on the planet. And who better to let the world know this than us, the Carrara community?
With the onset of 2013 we have a great opportunity to start the year off "right." Keeping it positive by keeping ourselves occupied, busy.
This is the first of what I hope will be many years of Carrara Community Movie/Film Projects. What we need at this time are story ideas. Here are the guidelines:
1. The story must be complete, in that it must have a beginning, a middle, and an end.
2. The length of the piece may vary depending on the technical considerations, so try to think around the 10 to 20 minute range. That's a lot of time. We can and will edit it later.
3. The story needs to lend itself well to being produced in "Chapters." This enables ebbs and flows in production without derailing the logic of the piece.
4. Stories need to be poignant, however, it would be good to avoid overt controversy. Kid friendly story lines are best. The sad ending to the Blender movie was a great example of giving the people what they want and surprising them at the same time. Not that our story needs a sad ending, but I'm just saying that a good story has elements of both good and bad, losses and gains.
5. The story needs to be visually appealing, it needs to lend itself well to different locations.
6. The story can be shaped around a central character so long as this character finds himself/herself in lots of situations.
And that's it so far as story requirements that I can think of off the top of my head. Please submit your ideas in this thread. In a few days, lets say January 10 we will have a final vote and determine which story to go forward with.
All ideas are good ideas at this point, so please lets all keep an open mind. Fun fun!
To kick it off, I will propose an idea that I mentioned already in another thread:
One quick story idea could be of an alien traveling toward the Earth from outer space. It’s always fun to open with a nice open space shot. Anyhow, the alien ship breaks apart into smaller ships, and each of these pieces travels toward a different location on Earth. traveling down through the clouds would be awesome to animate. One pod travels to the Valle Alpina, where we see flowing rivers and streams, gorgeous mountains and deep blue skies. Another one of the pods travels toward the temperate regions of Europe, strolling along the Country Lane. Another takes us to a Dystopian City or something, Another arrives in a tropical location and another underwater, one in the polar regions. Almost like a series of little vignettes each displaying a graphically specific and unique environment where fun things can happen. Broken up into pieces this way, the film could easily top 10 minutes. A team of 2 or 3 persons would be assigned to each location, and each would contribute 3 minutes of final footage by a date long from now, say July 1 2013 or something. Anyhow, the pods after gathering information about the planet then return to space, reassemble themselves into the original vessel, and leave off flying toward the Milky Way.
Thanks to all community members who are willing to participate in any way in this project. By helping you are doing your part to ensure that Carrara gets some long overdue exposure.