Digital Art Zone

4 of 10
JANUARY 2013 New Users Contest WIP Thread
Posted: 11 January 2013 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7723
Joined  2006-03-19
Very nice Scott. sithkitten, i love the way you got a slight glow emitting from the orb onto the hands.
 Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 11 January 2013 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  135
Joined  2005-02-08
Thanks grin That was a real pain! Finally resorted to sticking a point light inside the orb.
 Signature 

the Evil Kitten Project

Posted: 11 January 2013 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7723
Joined  2006-03-19
Good choice and nice job
 Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 11 January 2013 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3605
Joined  2012-02-06
I agree, the orb looks great, and the glow on the hands and face is a nice effect. smile
 Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 11 January 2013 11:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-11-21
Thank You Sasje;
She did seem to be higher than a kite. I had convinced myself she was just stepping down the stairs.
Cropped the bottom of pic, reduced the overbearingly large initials, and enlarged the matting to give better balance.
The other thing I really dislike is the shadow effect on her left arm but am really hesitant to mess with it - sometimes things like that are better left untouched. Here is the update;
Image Attachments
Goth_Dress_Anchored.jpg

Posted: 12 January 2013 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2012-08-07
Made a few changes and added a background.

Bluemoon, your latest work looks great! The original was quite good too, but the new one is much better.

Thank-you Scott, I always felt that it needed something beyond the temple ruins. I did the original on my old laptop and I was pushing to its limits with that scene.

sithkitten, love the orb and the nice light is is giving off.

pfmnelson2012, that's looking really nice.

Image Attachments
Temple-04.jpg

Posted: 12 January 2013 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  654
Joined  2010-02-25
pfmnelson2012 - 11 January 2013 11:09 PM
Thank You Sasje;
She did seem to be higher than a kite. I had convinced myself she was just stepping down the stairs.
Cropped the bottom of pic, reduced the overbearingly large initials, and enlarged the matting to give better balance.
The other thing I really dislike is the shadow effect on her left arm but am really hesitant to mess with it - sometimes things like that are better left untouched. Here is the update;

That's better, very nice grin
 Signature 

My renders on deviantART http://rendersas.deviantart.com/

Posted: 12 January 2013 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-25
bluemoon - 12 January 2013 02:26 PM
Made a few changes and added a background.

Bluemoon, your latest work looks great! The original was quite good too, but the new one is much better.

Thank-you Scott, I always felt that it needed something beyond the temple ruins. I did the original on my old laptop and I was pushing to its limits with that scene.

sithkitten, love the orb and the nice light is is giving off.

pfmnelson2012, that's looking really nice.

Great work grin
 Signature 

Posted: 12 January 2013 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-07
Thanks Sasje.
In this scene I was never really happy with the lighting, so I have redone it with more of a Sci-Fi theme.
I only used uber Area Lights in this and did this to see how tings will look. Still needs work on the pose and camera to get it looking more like the first one.
Image Attachments
ghe03.jpgRayGun-02ps.jpg

Posted: 12 January 2013 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8036
Joined  2009-05-14
I love the first one bluemoon but yes you are the only one that counts when liking what you do...but for me I love everything about it. She stands out against the dark BKG, great expression and POV. We can be picky about our own images can't we. smile
 Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 12 January 2013 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-07
Szark - 12 January 2013 03:18 PM
I love the first one bluemoon but yes you are the only one that counts when liking what you do...but for me I love everything about it. She stands out against the dark BKG, great expression and POV. We can be picky about our own images can't we. smile

You're right, I want to get the pose and camera angle close to the first one. It was only the lighting of the character that I wanted to do a better job on. smile
In the first one I used about six lights on the character from all different angles so as not to get light spilling onto the back ground, I really went overboard with the lights in the second one losing sight of what I was doing. Sometimes I can't help myself, I love bright shiny things.red face

Posted: 12 January 2013 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-11-21
Bluemoon - I really like both your images and please don't take offense at my suggestion on the second one - and that is all it is - just a suggestion. I really love the dragons yellow eye and the cloud filled sky in the previous one. Since purple is the complement to yellow i wonder what the grey clouds and blue on the masters outfit would look like in darker tones of purple or violet to draw even more attention to that somehow respectful eye - just wondering!

Posted: 12 January 2013 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2011-09-27
hi
this is what I came up with so far, at least this time I have shadows, and a little more in the background anyone let me know what you think
[ Edited: 12 January 2013 10:30 PM by dune411412 ]
Image Attachments
tank_.jpg
 Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/media/3d/badges/images/badges/badge_03.png

Posted: 13 January 2013 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-25
dune411412 - 12 January 2013 10:27 PM
hi
this is what I came up with so far, at least this time I have shadows, and a little more in the background anyone let me know what you think

So far so good. grin
The pose looks much better, now bent the right leg little bit upwards and bent the lower leg a little bit.
Maybe to remove the first hover in the air
If you have a street light or something, maybe you can put it in the back in front of the building.
Try to use DOF in the back.
About the light, it feels not right.
Question witch program do you use?
 Signature 

Posted: 13 January 2013 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  135
Joined  2005-02-08
Thanks for the comments, everyone! It's good to see everyone else's work as it transforms, too. I'm learning tons. Here's the current state of my image, after a few adjustments here and there with camera angles, expression, and lighting.
Image Attachments
maybefinal.jpg
 Signature 

the Evil Kitten Project

4 of 10