I'm not a new user but there's an image I did years ago that I've been thinking of redoing if I have time I'll post some images myself...
So as promised here is my original render, which was a very early one using Laura as a fairy. IIRC it was a Thorne/Mada Character and it's very basic. I posed the model, stuck a dress on it. Hoped like hell there was no pokethrough and stuck a background picture in. Like I said very basic. It's from my first year of rendering.
I've been thinking that I would like to redo a new image of a fairy...but she had a mind of her own and instead is going to be an angel. ; )
She was nspired by the James Christensen style of angel seen here...
and Renaissance paintings of angels...all mixed together.
I used the backdrop from photostudio 3 by Inane Glory and his freebie light the softbox preset.
The camera is Age of Armours fog camera.
Halo is Jepes hero extreme special effects and his deluxe fog creepy is also in there.
Genesis with Deborah applied, bloodmage hair and epic wings. The dress is the empirewaist from the historical gowns for V2 autofitted using V3. Sleeves are from the MFD expansions and I've used a Calida Lush shader for the dress and short sleeves and a different tonal version for the long sleeves.
This is a wip not a finished render. I can still see the following that I need to work on...
1. Scale on the sleeve is different to the dress I need to increase the scale on the sleeve so it matches in size.
2. The left wing tip is sticking out at the back and looks like its part of the hair gone wonky.
3. I need to look at the placement of the lights to get better shadows.
4. I want to tone down the colour on the long sleeves and also try a crushed velvet shader from Fisty's sparkle shaders. Preferably something in a darker brown. My aim is to have the skin colour be the brightest colour and the face the focal point.
How has my work flow/style changed from early to now?
1. I'm more likely to kit bash an outfit together from pieces and use shaders to make them into a cohesive whole.
2. Use of shaders in general for example using Age of armours fog camera to soften the image.
3. I have a better idea of what I'm trying to achieve overall and have certain artworks that tend to inspire my work and I'm gradually developing my own style.
Click thumbnail to see full-size image