Digital Art Zone

1 of 4
Guess my car and win $5
Posted: 01 January 2013 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9693
Joined  2007-11-06

The flooding from Hurricane Sandy trashed pretty much every car in our neighborhood, including mine, but we’ve finally replaced it.  First person to guess the year, make and model gets a $5 GC.

Rules:

One guess per person.  However, if nobody has guessed 6-12 hours from now, I’ll declare Round 2 and give a hint, and people who guessed before the hint can try again.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 01 January 2013 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  153
Joined  2006-08-25
fixmypcmike - 01 January 2013 02:04 PM

The flooding from Hurricane Sandy trashed pretty much every car in our neighborhood, including mine, but we’ve finally replaced it.  First person to guess the year, make and model gets a $5 GC.

Rules:

One guess per person.  However, if nobody has guessed 6-12 hours from now, I’ll declare Round 2 and give a hint, and people who guessed before the hint can try again.

OK, first try:

It has 4 wheels,a steering wheel, windshield… hmm .

I’m from Holland, so that will be tricky for me, over here most car have 4 wheels.. etc.. -lol-

But I’ll give it a try

Year: 2010
Make: Chrysler
Model: 300

I know a long shot, I’m not ‘into’ cars..

But for 5 bucks I’ll do anything… well.. almost.. ^_^

Happy new year, and good luck with your new car!

Signature 

A little magic goes a long way.. www.safeunderdark.com 

Kirisute’s Ultimate mega Freebie Pack!!

Posted: 01 January 2013 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  544
Joined  2007-01-20

Year: 2012
Make
: Scion
Model
: xB

Posted: 01 January 2013 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  368
Joined  2012-09-27

Year: 2009
Make: Honda
Model: Accord

Posted: 01 January 2013 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4524
Joined  2007-09-13

If I can’t think of anything else, I’ll post the first thing I thought of…later.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 01 January 2013 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3436
Joined  2007-06-22

Don’t really know cars at all - so I’ll go

VW
Beetle

Posted: 01 January 2013 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  719
Joined  2008-07-16

Hmm… let me see what I think I know about you…

1- You are a biped… so the vehicle will have seats and conventional steering apparatus…

2- You seem to like the Rocky Horror Picture Show or KISS.. or dressing up in sexy lingerie…  So, your first choice of colors will probably be black…

3- You live in NYC and since your car was trashed by Sandy, you must either live in lower Manhattan, Staten Island, southern Brooklyn or that tiny little rocky island between Roosevelt island and Randell’s island…  So if you live on Mill Rock, the car must aquatic or equipped with at least some form of rudimentary pontoons… if it is elsewhere in NYC then it can not be too big since I do not think you to be so foolish as to attempt to park a large SUV in the city…

4- You have twins… they are probably around 5-7 years old… the vehicle must be large enough for two human children of standard dimensions and weight to peacefully cohabitate the rear passenger compartment or have a trunk large enough for kids.. the vehicle must also be able to be hosed out on occasion.

5- You have artistic tendencies and work in some form of technologies management, yet you freely choose to be an administrator at DAZ… from this I must deduce, you are smart yet have a mild streak of madness…  thus the car will either be eco-friendly or have post apocalyptic anti-zombie blades and protrusions… since those won’t be available as standard equipment till 2018, I’m guessing it might be eco-friendly… or at least good on gas…

6- The image you have chosen as your avatar, clearly shows wood paneling on the wall in the background, that coupled with the interest in 70s rock operas and sexy lingerie, tells me the vehicle will probably have decent stereo capabilities and at least one set of rear clothing hooks for dry cleaning to hang from.

7- You seem to be considerate and helpful, so the vehicle will probably have a good crash rating, but since you live in NYC it might also have the ability to withstand ramming by NYC taxi cabs and stray circus elephants run amok.

8- Your name might actually be Mike, so the vehicle will probably be a coupe.

After having throughly evaluated all the statistical probabilities, I initially calculated the vehicle to be a Volcano Black 2013 Vespa LX 150 with an extra large side car with rear mounted flamethrower… then I realized I forgot to carry the 2 and I recalculated the equation to indicate a Shadow Black 2013 KIA Soul with Sand/Black houndstooth interior and Soul+ technology package…
But the then I remember the slight streak of madness and the fact that you have twins, so no matter how decently paid you are, you MUST be piss poor and unable to afford any reasonably safe and reliable modern 4 wheel vehicle….

Thus I have arrived at the conclusion the the vehicle could only be a 1100 cc Brick red 1987 Yugo GV , hastily repainted Krylon Flat black, missing the passenger side door and left rear wheel (thoughtfully replaced by a wheelchair rim), with a slightly charred roof and a family of stray cats living in the rear hatchback compartment, which you acquired from a one eyed, overly tattooed fat man with a pair of poorly carved peg-legs in a back alley in SoHo for the total sum of $58.11, half a egg salad sandwich and the contents of your left pants pocket which included one sweater button and 6 fuzzy imitation jelly-belly expresso jelly beans (non-magical).

I believe this be correct, unless that is not you in your avatar image or that is not fake wood paneling in the background.

Incidentally… if anyone else needs any of my great detective skills, I am no longer working for Scotland yard, as we had a parting of ways after some slight misunderstandings… so I’m sorta free to look into whatever mysteries and unsolved case you might have…

Signature 

VISIT MY ShareCG FREEBIE GALLERY

Posted: 01 January 2013 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15792
Joined  2003-10-09

Year: 1982
Make: De Lorean
Model: DMC-12

(Thank you, Wikipedia)

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 01 January 2013 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13
Richard Haseltine - 01 January 2013 04:29 PM

Year: 1982
Make: De Lorean
Model: DMC-12

(Thank you, Wikipedia)

Is that with or without the Flux capacitor add-on?

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 01 January 2013 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  243
Joined  2005-10-16

Year: 1979
Make: Ford
Model: Pinto

Signature 

Gone.

Posted: 01 January 2013 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9693
Joined  2007-11-06

Excellent detective work, but a few of your postulates were off, which no doubt threw off your calculations:

lordvicore - 01 January 2013 04:21 PM

4- You have twins… they are probably around 5-7 years old… the vehicle must be large enough for two human children of standard dimensions and weight to peacefully cohabitate the rear passenger compartment or have a trunk large enough for kids.. the vehicle must also be able to be hosed out on occasion.

There is no car currently available which is large enough for two human children to peacefully cohabitate.

6- The image you have chosen as your avatar, clearly shows wood paneling on the wall in the background, that coupled with the interest in 70s rock operas and sexy lingerie, tells me the vehicle will probably have decent stereo capabilities and at least one set of rear clothing hooks for dry cleaning to hang from.

The image is about 30 years old, so neither the upholstery nor the paneling currently exists, but the reasoning is otherwise sound.

But the then I remember the slight streak of madness and the fact that you have twins, so no matter how decently paid you are, you MUST be piss poor and unable to afford any reasonably safe and reliable modern 4 wheel vehicle….

Thus I have arrived at the conclusion the the vehicle could only be a 1100 cc Brick red 1987 Yugo GV , hastily repainted Krylon Flat black, missing the passenger side door and left rear wheel (thoughtfully replaced by a wheelchair rim), with a slightly charred roof and a family of stray cats living in the rear hatchback compartment, which you acquired from a one eyed, overly tattooed fat man with a pair of poorly carved peg-legs in a back alley in SoHo for the total sum of $58.11, half a egg salad sandwich and the contents of your left pants pocket which included one sweater button and 6 fuzzy imitation jelly-belly expresso jelly beans (non-magical).

I don’t like coffee-flavored snacks.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 01 January 2013 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2003-10-09

Year: 2013
Make: 2 Bicycles tied together with duct tape smile

Signature 

100 of Freebies - http://www.sparkyworld.co.uk/

Posted: 01 January 2013 05:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  897
Joined  2010-05-08

2010 Toyota Camry

Signature 

IF is the Life of Matter ~ UTO

Posted: 01 January 2013 05:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  695
Joined  2006-05-18

Well…all things considered, would this most likely be the vehicle in question?  They don’t give three stats for it only two.

You can check it out here…  http://www.watercar.com/html/watercar_python.html

Python
Corvette Engine

Image Attachments
Water_Car2.jpeg
 Signature 

I Am Not An Expert Because I Never Stop Being A Student And Continue To Learn.

Posted: 01 January 2013 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  870
Joined  2008-04-30

2001 Chevy Impala

Posted: 01 January 2013 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13
fixmypcmike - 01 January 2013 04:42 PM

I don’t like coffee-flavored snacks.

Hmmm, so, coffee isn’t a snack…it’s a meal.  So, in that case, it needs to be black, nearly sentient (slaps you upside the head, yelling “WAKE UP!”) and strong enough to stop a bullet (that’s two stages beyond float a horseshoe)...

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

1 of 4