Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Mimic for Carrara
Posted: 02 January 2013 03:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  209
Joined  0

thanks to both of you,
the issue I was talking about is mainly related to muscle contraction and microdisplacement for facial wrinkles that make the difference between a real and a robotic conversation. actually you can export your character to another app and act on it (i.e. zbrush) but the coming back to carrara (via goz) looses some data, so I hope that kinect and microdisplacement for wrinkles may be part of carrara development in the near future

http://vimeo.com/23548524
http://www.cimerr.net/conference/board/data/conference/1285833205/A5_2.pdf

Posted: 07 January 2013 03:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2005-09-04

I am working on the Idea that if you create the morph in another program and save the modified cr2 that mimic pro will let you animate it.

Posted: 07 January 2013 08:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  0

It’s rather shocking that Disney made any animations at all without microdisplacement and relaistic fibrosity under the skin tissue… What could they have been thinking?

smirk

Signature 

320+ TUTORIALS for Carrara at CARRARA CAFE
C3DE - CARRARA 3D EXPO MAGAZINE - the showcase for Carrara Artists

Posted: 07 January 2013 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Joined  0

I’d like to animate mr. Scrooge face without these tools, so actually I know what I could have been thinking:

TUTORIAL TUTORIAL

Posted: 08 January 2013 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  932
Joined  2006-06-12
holly wetcircuit - 07 January 2013 08:24 AM

It’s rather shocking that Disney made any animations at all without microdisplacement and relaistic fibrosity under the skin tissue… What could they have been thinking?

smirk

Holly, there’s Disney
and then there’s everyone else.

Signature 

There is a serious tendency toward capitalism among the well-to-do peasants.
Mao Tse-Tung

Posted: 08 January 2013 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  0

in carrara it would be enough for me to use the mocap and microdisplacement of ‘a christmas carol’ and I would be the happiest man in the world. for microd I mean the ability to create small furrows but also small bumps as in a frowning forehead, all the rest, including facial fibrosity can be done in carrara imo with decent outcomes

Posted: 08 January 2013 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  0
magaremoto - 08 January 2013 03:43 PM

in carrara it would be enough for me to use the mocap and microdisplacement of ‘a christmas carol’ and I would be the happiest man in the world. for microd I mean the ability to create small furrows but also small bumps as in a frowning forehead, all the rest, including facial fibrosity can be done in carrara imo with decent outcomes

Carrara’s bumb channel is pretty strong… certainly strong enough for “small furrows and bumps” on the forehead…

Try putting an ADD operator in the bump channel and combining your bump and micro-displacement maps there.

If you turn up your overall bumpstrength, you can turn down the brightness of your regular bumpmap. It may take a bit of tweaking, but you should be able to find satisfying settings without too much effort.

...and of course shaders can be animated, so these “furrow” lines might need to go to zero brightness to hide them from your shader…

Signature 

320+ TUTORIALS for Carrara at CARRARA CAFE
C3DE - CARRARA 3D EXPO MAGAZINE - the showcase for Carrara Artists

Posted: 09 January 2013 02:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  0

thanks Holly,
I suspected a way like this, you substantiate what I have been thinking about. the only way to prove if it works is giving it a try on daz models; for some reasons it’s difficult to make wrinkles of your own on image textured items without acting over maps in Ps especially if they are going to be animated

2 of 2