Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
M5 promo renders
Posted: 30 December 2012 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  196
Joined  2011-02-16

Randall did a video on how he did the lighting for M5 with IBL lighting and posted it about the time of M5’s release. I downloaded it then but I don’t have the url. I remember he said it would be part of a tutorial section on the new forum.  Found it ‘Creating Simple Imaged Based Lighting [IBL] in Daz Studio 4’, looks like it was on Vimeo website, as the file saved as [Vimeo]. I don’t know but I hope something similar would work in Poser?

Signature 

Meg

Michael 5 made me a convert to DS4
M6/G2M might make me take interest in Genesis 2

DS4.6Pro on W7 64bit laptop

Posted: 30 December 2012 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  846
Joined  2005-11-06
3Ddreamer - 30 December 2012 09:26 AM

Randall did a video on how he did the lighting for M5 with IBL lighting and posted it about the time of M5’s release. I downloaded it then but I don’t have the url. I remember he said it would be part of a tutorial section on the new forum.  Found it ‘Creating Simple Imaged Based Lighting [IBL] in Daz Studio 4’, looks like it was on Vimeo website, as the file saved as [Vimeo]. I don’t know but I hope something similar would work in Poser?

http://vimeo.com/37500975

Can probably simulate this lighting in poser.

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 30 December 2012 07:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1642
Joined  2008-05-31

Edit: Never mind…

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 31 December 2012 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  228
Joined  2008-12-31

Ok..whover makes that light set and sent it to me first i will pay him straight away…i have a really bad cold and some fever and i can hardly spent time in front of a computer…

Taozen….?

Signature 

ISIKOL AT DEVIANTART

Posted: 31 December 2012 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2004-09-18

Does it need to be m5 rendered? (I don’t have this model)

I highly recommend trying out Alfaseed’s lights
(a scene for download free, here: http://alfaseed.deviantart.com/gallery/32201301#/d5eriag)

They make great IBL lights.

The effect light causes depends hugely on skin material, and so it’s difficult to create just a light set - if you were to use it on a different model, it may look different.

I did experiment with my own set (I wouldn’t be myself if I didn’t) and rendered the scene with Indirect Light turned on. It is - I know - not a recreation of the promo and the figure is different, the texture is different… If you want to try out this lightset, let me know. No money involved wink

I’ve included three renders for comparison purposes: the light set stays the same, just the texture/material on the figure changes. The difference is surprising at times.

Image Attachments
light_test_01.jpglight_test_02.jpglight_test_04.jpglight_test_05.jpg

2 of 2