Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
V4 Skin Shaders for Carrara
Posted: 29 December 2012 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  401
Joined  2012-04-01

Reby Sky is shipping with Carrara shaders.
Others have said they are the best, have not had the time to try them:
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/v4-elite-reby-sky

Signature 

Everything about Carrara: http://www.carraracafe.com/

Posted: 29 December 2012 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1399
Joined  2011-01-03
3drendero - 29 December 2012 03:24 PM

Reby Sky is shipping with Carrara shaders.
Others have said they are the best, have not had the time to try them:
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/v4-elite-reby-sky

I actually had to Bing for who this person was…well, those texture sure do look damn fine. I guess I can buy one more item today (I passed one of the tests toward SQL Server 2012 certification…so this is me rewarding myself!)

BTW, what the heck is this: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/reby-sky-magnet-fit

Signature 

- Garstor
Australian-Canadian currently trapped in Texas (maintaining sanity with doses of Carrara, LightWave and PhotoShop)

My 3D art Flickr page for final or near-final images
My 3D art Flickr page for work-in-progress or experiments

Posted: 29 December 2012 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6469
Joined  2007-12-04

Carraractors: Delphina hasn’t been mentioned yet? Probably because all Carrara owners must assume that everyone buys this when they purchase Carrara? Hmnpf!
Anyways, Here’s a link to this Carrara Genius’ Daz Store:
Dimension Theory

Image Attachments
carraracters-delphinia-large.jpg
 Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 29 December 2012 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
Garstor - 29 December 2012 02:29 PM
Dartanbeck - 29 December 2012 01:47 PM

I don’t have any of them… but I want pretty much the whole collection.

I grabbed “Doyle” “Ulrich” and “Joshua” along with the V4 stuff. Those guys are just what I was seeking—older gents who have seen a bit of the world and lived to tell the tale… smile

Dartanbeck - 29 December 2012 01:47 PM

Nothing fancy, just a simple multiply… worked great for those ‘veins in the muscles’ type of displacement.

Nifty…I haven’t tried doing much with displacement maps yet…just one more thing in a very long list of stuff to learn.

Congrats Garstor! Nobody deserves a good “Spoiling” better than you, my friend!
Nonetheless, think of displacement maps the same as you would a height map for a Carrara terrain and you feel the whole picture in your gut much faster than any explanation. White = High, Black = Low. But then there’s all those nifty parameters to fun with… ahhhh!

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 29 December 2012 04:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
tsarist - 29 December 2012 01:08 PM

I really like the Elite series of skin shaders.
I use this to enhance them…
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/gkd-skin-ultimate
I’m really surprised there weren’t many more Elite shaders made. It would have been nice to have some shaders with tattoos.

I know, right?
One can never have enough realistic people maps in one’s collection!
Wow… what a fun thread. I fine myself digging through all of my Runtime/Textures folders! lol

Signature 

Posted: 29 December 2012 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1399
Joined  2011-01-03
Dartanbeck - 29 December 2012 04:32 PM

Carraractors: Delphina hasn’t been mentioned yet? Probably because all Carrara owners must assume that everyone buys this when they purchase Carrara? Hmnpf!
Anyways, Here’s a link to this Carrara Genius’ Daz Store:
Dimension Theory

Okay…I must put my foot down and not buy anything else today. Delphinia is favourited… smile Let’s see what is left in the bank next week after the mortgage (and fiscal cliff! long face ).

Signature 

- Garstor
Australian-Canadian currently trapped in Texas (maintaining sanity with doses of Carrara, LightWave and PhotoShop)

My 3D art Flickr page for final or near-final images
My 3D art Flickr page for work-in-progress or experiments

Posted: 29 December 2012 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Well, the reason it stumped me that Dimension Theory’s offering was missing from the thread is because of his very awesome approach. He gives four quality variants to choose from. From Basic (Reflection and SSS = None) to Superb, which uses reflection and sss. But then he includes some incredible video tutorials - which will certainly help an Carrara artist to play confidently in other areas of their existing favorite shaders - plus a really cool tidbit about his “Camera Control rig” which is simple, but Way Cool!!!

Please know that the product requires that you first purchase RM Delphinia V4, which for some crazy reason doesn’t appear in Rebelmommy’s Daz store, so follow the link provided. Gonna have to fix that!
I know it’s a lot to dish out for a character, getting both products. But the set is excellent and is a great learning tool to boot. Not to mention the fact that it supports an incredible Carrara Published Artist, who is very generous with friendly advise. Just check his YouTube channel!

Signature 

2 of 2