2 of 4
WARNING: Kelpie Product Requirements
Posted: 29 December 2012 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
larsmidnatt - 29 December 2012 11:16 AM

I think Genesis encourages stacking and recombining of existing morphs for end users, but I wouldn’t expect vendors to over do it.

I’m getting pretty good at making unique sculpted morphs in Blender…and I’m going to keep doing it.  That way, I know how many ‘extra’ packages they’ll need…none, zip, nada, zilch… cheese

And yeah, if something requires a host of other packages, why not just publish the formula and let everyone who has those packages ‘roll their own’...you could still sell texture sets for the ‘morph’ but make the morph itself a ‘bonus’.  And since Genesis can UV swap with ease, a good texture package becomes more valuable…and more usable.  Dial spinning a bunch of existing packages some how feels like a ‘cheat’...if you are going to be selling it.  If you want to sell something, I’d think that unique, sculpted morphs/characters would be more valuable/desirable.

The ‘ranking’ feature I’d like could be something as simple as listing the required morphs with the most important at the top and running to least important. 

Thinking a bit more about this particular morph set, if all G4 is used for is head size, I can think of several other morphs that could be used to get similar results, as they have head size morphs, too…including some freebies.  So in some cases, maybe even a substitution list would be nice…(pipe dream…wishful thinking…not in this reality).

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 29 December 2012 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  392
Joined  2011-05-27

I did an experiment.  I uninstalled V5 and Hitomi to see what would happen.  Here are the results.  The one on right is with V5 and Hitomi and the one on the left is without.  Pretty significant difference to me.

Image Attachments
without_v5_hitomi.pngwith_v5_and_hitomi.png
 Signature 

DAZ Studio 4 Pro user, Poser Pro 2012 user, Bryce 7 Pro user, Vue 8 Complete user, Photoshop CS4 user.

Posted: 29 December 2012 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  152
Joined  2007-08-25
Muon Quark - 29 December 2012 12:17 PM

I did an experiment.  I uninstalled V5 and Hitomi to see what would happen.  Here are the results.  The one on right is with V5 and Hitomi and the one on the left is without.  Pretty significant difference to me.

Wow, that is definitely a noticeable difference, isn’t it? It’s more like a partial morph, still usable without them, but the look is less dramatic. I can see where stacking has a use: it’s easier, when creating a female chara, to make it dial up Genesis Basic Female along with the modifying morph, rather then telling someone “You need to apply Basic female to 78%, scale to 89 %, and apply my XX morph in order to get the same look..”. When packages like V5 and G4 are used to get a full result, though, I can agree it should be noted: if not under a required product listing, then maybe under a recommended product listing.

Signature 

————-
2012: The world ended. We missed it. Maybe next time.
DVL_LVD @ ShareCG

Posted: 29 December 2012 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  392
Joined  2011-05-27

I love this character and I don’t mind that other morphs are needed, but they should be listed.  Otherwise someone who doesn’t have V5 or Hitomi will be disappointed that the morph is not working.

Signature 

DAZ Studio 4 Pro user, Poser Pro 2012 user, Bryce 7 Pro user, Vue 8 Complete user, Photoshop CS4 user.

Posted: 29 December 2012 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2853
Joined  2006-07-31

Yeah, I was pretty unhappy because I don’t have Hitomi and the result doesn’t look as good as promos for me; had to return the product.

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis
a way to transfer morphs to Genesis without Gen-X

Posted: 29 December 2012 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2011-04-12

It looks like V5 is used for minor head shaping, but it looks almost the same without her.
Hitomi provides the eye size and most of the head shape.  She’s essential.
G4 provides much of the head scale, a bit of the head shape, and makes the lips quite a bit larger.  You can probably do without her.
Julie provides the basic overall body shape, but you actually get a fairly good (though somewhat larger and less feminine) fae-type figure without her.
And the Evolution morphs provide most of her distinctive features, including but certainly not limited to the ears.  Without them, you might as well just use it for the textures.

Of course, as this is Genesis, you can just use it for the textures if you want.

Image Attachments
rexkobold.pngm5hkobold.png
 Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 30 December 2012 12:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12063
Joined  2007-11-06

...hmmm, that’s sad, she’s a really cute character.  I have V5, Young Teens5, and G4 but as I am not much into anime, didn’t pick up Hitomi (particularly since I already have Aiko who can fill that niche If I need her to).

I wonder what happens when you just subtract Hitomi from the equation.

Or for that fact substitute a bit of Sadie or Mavka?

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 30 December 2012 02:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2274
Joined  2005-09-05
Kyoto Kid - 30 December 2012 12:43 AM

...hmmm, that’s sad, she’s a really cute character.  I have V5, Young Teens5, and G4 but as I am not much into anime, didn’t pick up Hitomi (particularly since I already have Aiko who can fill that niche If I need her to).

Ditto…I have bought both sets but don’t have hitomi I will have to download them and see how they look.

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 30 December 2012 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...could you post a pic?

...and if you have either Sadie 0r Mavka, could you try dialing in a bit of them?

Signature 

Posted: 30 December 2012 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Kyoto Kid - 30 December 2012 12:05 PM

...could you post a pic?

...and if you have either Sadie 0r Mavka, could you try dialing in a bit of them?

I haven’t downloaded yet but will this morning and Ill try it out today sometime.

I will post something as soon as I can.

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 30 December 2012 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...thanks, no rush as payday isn’t until tomorrow.

Signature 

Posted: 30 December 2012 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Kyoto Kid - 30 December 2012 02:24 PM

...thanks, no rush as payday isn’t until tomorrow.

No problem just transfered to the computer so I can download while I’m checking out the fugazi tutorials at rendo.

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 30 December 2012 07:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2011-04-12
Kyoto Kid - 30 December 2012 12:43 AM

If you just subtract Hitomi, the results do not look good (blue).  30% Sadie Head does seem to be a decent substitute (green).

Image Attachments
kelpieminushitomi.pngkelpiesadiesub.png
 Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 30 December 2012 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...cool, that looks very close compared to the pic further back in the thread.

One of the beauties of Genesis.

Thanks.

Signature 

Posted: 30 December 2012 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05

Okay…beaten to the punch but as I’ve done them I’ll post them anyway
Kelpie no hitomi
kelpie nohitomi point 5 satsuki
kelpie nohitomi point 5 kiyoko
kelpie nohitomi point 5 jasmin
kelpie nohitomi point 5 sadie

Image Attachments
kelpie_no_hitomi.jpgkelpie_no_hitomi_satsuki_point_5.jpgkelpie_no_hitomi_kiyoko_point_5.jpgkelpie_no_hitomi_jasmin_point_5.jpgkelpie_no_hitomi_sadie_point_5.jpg
 Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

2 of 4