Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
How to save a morph in Daz 4 created with Zbrush?
Posted: 13 January 2013 05:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2008-11-10
Roca46 - 04 January 2013 12:07 PM

Guys, I need your help. I’m just one step to finally create this.

The problem is that EXP plugin creates the files in separate folders and these files (the tutorial says) go to the !DAZ/Victoria 4 folder.
Its ok but I don’t want the morphs in the default V4 once is loaded (then I have to click the inj file of course)

So my question is, how can I create an INJ file in order to place the files in a different folder than Victoria 4 (so it won’t load along with V4).

I have seen some INJ files and I can see that everything is about codes, I tried to put separately all the pz2 files inside a new folder in !DAZ folder and then create the INJ file linking the files from !DAZ/Project folder but nothing happens when I double click.

Is there any utility that can regroup the morph files into an INJ file?

Thanks in advance.
Roca

ExP is a bit of overkill for what you’re doing. Try this:

http://www.daz3d.com/syrinj

load in the original V4 obj and your morphed obj and this program will create a pz2 morph injection file of the morph. It will strip out daz’s stuff and leave only your morph. It’s fairly simple to use too. You may have to edit the file to set the morph properly to 1 so it will automatically set the morph on when you load it.

I use this for regular morphs, ExP when I have a lot of morphs I want to use together and organize them.

Posted: 13 January 2013 06:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13928
Joined  2003-10-09
stitlown - 13 January 2013 05:30 AM

Near enough to topic - and just shows how unfamiliar I am.

I have created a genesis morph in one scene file which shows up as a hexgonbridge morph slider and now I want to be able to “save” it and load it onto another genesis in the scene or to a genesis in a different scene.  But after a few hours mucking around and searching forums I don’t seem to have got anywhere other than creating a directory in “data” with a whole not of not immediately relevant .dsf files for various expression controllers

Any helpful hints anyone?  Thanks Lx

File>Save as>Support Asset>Morph Asset, make sure you have your morph selected.

Load the character you want to use the morph on, make sure it’s selected, and go to File>Save as>Character Preset

With the character you want to add the morph to selected, apply the character preset you just saved (choosing to apply it to the current figure if asked). That should refresh the morph list, adding your morph and any others you’ve installed since the character was created.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 14 January 2013 05:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2008-07-26

As always, thanks Richard.  Thought I’d tried this on the save side so must have mucked it somehow.  Will try again.  Cheers, Lx

Posted: 03 May 2013 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2008-07-26

Ok Got all those morphs working on tri-ax figures.

Now I’ve created a morph to make the Milllenium Dragon’s teeth razor thin, but when I try file>save as>support asset>morph asset I get the message “you must save Figure/Node assets before you can save morph assets:.  I’m not even sure what that means.

I can save as a shaping pre-set but then this does not appear to do anything with the morph when loaded onto a fresh dragon - it only gives the poses.

I presume it has something to do with the fact that Mill Dragon is a .cr2 so I followed the tutorial on creating INJ REM files and it appears to have done what it should.

If I navigate to and import the INJ file it appears to run and the log says:
Importing File…
Importing INJ Millenium Dragon Razor Teeth.pz2 ...
Time to load file: 21.7188 ms
Imported: INJ Millenium Dragon Razor Teeth.pz2
Building Scene…
File loaded in 0 min 0.2 sec.
Loaded file: INJ Millenium Dragon Razor Teeth.pz2

But I can see nothing that suggests any change or anywhere to dial in the teeth.  Any clues what I’m doing wrong??

Thanks

Lx

Posted: 03 May 2013 05:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13928
Joined  2003-10-09

Did you create a new channel for the teeth, or are you using an existing channel? DS won’t throw an error if it reads an injection pose that points to a non-existent channel, but nor will it create the channel.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 13 June 2014 09:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1317
Joined  2008-01-01

Reviving something out of history which has become relevant:)

2) You can do it all in DS if you wish, in DS4 Pro we have the EXP exporter, you can use it to either make an EXP based Injection PZ2, the morph channels work the same way as V4’s ie you need to run the BAT file to create the channels, or you can use it to create a normal Injection PZ2 which will use one of the Legacy channels.

This is something we’ve discussing at great length in the Hexagon forum - with the help of Crissie at Daz, I’ve got to the point of creating all the files to make the INJ/REM, but no channels are created.  How does one run the .bat files to create the channels?

BTW, I’m using a home-made original .cr2 figure for this.

2 of 2