Digital Art Zone

1 of 4
Bryce shapes
Posted: 28 December 2012 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2007-11-20

Where can I find, or how can I make a heart shape for Bryce?  I’ve looked thru my stuff and I just don’t have one.  I even tried to make one in Shape Magic to use in Bryce and that’s not working very well for me.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 28 December 2012 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7790
Joined  2009-05-14

Would this do http://www.sharecg.com/v/33635/View/5/3D-Model/Heart It is in Bryce format too. smile
or http://www.sharecg.com/v/12904/View/5/3D-Model/Glass-water-heart

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 28 December 2012 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-20

WOW!  These are perfect.  Did you just make these or did you have them on hand?  In any case, thanks tons.  That first one is exactly what I’m looking for.

Posted: 28 December 2012 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Nope I just did a Google search using “Heart Shaped OBJ” and one was toward the bottom of the page then I typed in “Heart Models” in to shareCg’s search box..took me 5 mins

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 28 December 2012 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-20

Super.  Thanks again.  I checked out the obj heart and it will work perfectly for my Valentine backgrounds.

Posted: 28 December 2012 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1427
Joined  2011-09-25

Now a question has been posed, how were they made?

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 28 December 2012 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Your guess is good as mine.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 28 December 2012 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  164
Joined  2004-06-24

Heart shape would have also been very easy to make using the Terrain Editor.

Cheers
GG

Signature 

WHO said Kiwis can’t fly ?????

Posted: 29 December 2012 06:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1577
Joined  2007-12-10
GussNemo - 28 December 2012 11:16 AM

Having looked a few times over the years and failing to find a suitable one like I am imagining in my head, one task I intent to do is to try and make a heart shape for Bryce (Peter the Polar Bear will have a series of Valentine Card images this year).
So when I get round to it, I’ll try and post the method I use (If I can actually figure one out).

As kiwi_gg says, you could use the terrain editor (and I’d also us a symmetrical lattice as a starting point for that), but I was going to see if I could work out the geometry and make it using boolean modelling.

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 29 December 2012 06:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15589
Joined  2003-10-09

Intersect boolean mode could help,  I once made a reasonable copy of the Aer lingus logo using intersect modelling (It was a challenge using intersect) That was a shamrock, and the leaf is made of 3 almost heart shapes.

Of course the working files were either on the external that died, or on the HD from 2 PCs ago, which is sitting on the shelf, not coupled up to any PC at the moment.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 29 December 2012 06:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2008-03-28
TheSavage64 - 29 December 2012 06:10 AM
GussNemo - 28 December 2012 11:16 AM

Having looked a few times over the years and failing to find a suitable one like I am imagining in my head, one task I intent to do is to try and make a heart shape for Bryce (Peter the Polar Bear will have a series of Valentine Card images this year).
So when I get round to it, I’ll try and post the method I use (If I can actually figure one out).

As kiwi_gg says, you could use the terrain editor (and I’d also us a symmetrical lattice as a starting point for that), but I was going to see if I could work out the geometry and make it using boolean modelling.

I suggest you might try MetaBalls - my favorite method to make most things organic.

Only a suggestion…..Oh! i fear you may end up with a real photo-realistic human heart…...probably not what is wanted.

Peter

Posted: 29 December 2012 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-03-28

Ok! i will make you a 3D Heart using only Bryce.

It is getting late and i can’t sleep because of post-tutorial depression.

The best medicine for that is:  to get into Brycing!

So in few minutes or so you will have your hearts plus the methods for making many of them

Peter

Posted: 29 December 2012 07:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-03-28

Hello,

Here is the starting point from which the Heart can be developed further including later a H_Render then a Symmetrical Lattice which allows some refinements on the basic form. I will explore those later after this post.

Now for the basic images. You can see the basic geometry is easy but there are many variations i have not tried.

Image Attachments
Heart_01.jpgWire-Frame.jpg

Posted: 29 December 2012 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-10

I’m going to have a try using meta-balls, but here is the initial Boolean version.
I think It’s more simple than Peter’s version using only two stretched half spheres .

Image Attachments
Heart1.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 29 December 2012 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-10

This one even simpler being just two of the Droplets found in the Misc Object library.

Image Attachments
AbstractHeart.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 29 December 2012 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-03-28
TheSavage64 - 29 December 2012 10:19 AM

I’m going to have a try using meta-balls, but here is the initial Boolean version.
I think It’s more simple than Peter’s version using only two stretched half spheres .

That is very nice what you have done. Demonstrates what can be done with Bryce with very simple means!

Here is another variant of what i did before but both halves were rotated slightly around the X-axis [Object Space].

Image Attachments
Heart_02.jpgWire-Frame_02.jpg

1 of 4