Digital Art Zone

3 of 16
Freak 5 Thread
Posted: 23 January 2013 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  987
Joined  2012-01-29

The newly released Real Feel Cozy Turtleneck Genesis has a Freak 5 figure in one of the promo images. He looks great.

Posted: 23 January 2013 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2006-10-01
Proxima Shining - 23 January 2013 05:05 PM

He looks great.

Sorry, but to be honest, I don’t think he does.

Signature 

Simplified guide to Genesis content creation.

My gallery.

Posted: 23 January 2013 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  424
Joined  2010-09-18
Hellboy - 23 January 2013 07:16 PM

He looks great.

I would not worry until we see the actual Freak 5 released.  Who knows what percentage of the morph(s)  was/were used or what it may have been mixed with, in that promo.

Posted: 23 January 2013 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2006-10-01
Mr Gneiss Guy - 23 January 2013 08:37 PM

He looks great.

I would not worry until we see the actual Freak 5 released.  Who knows what percentage of the morph(s)  was/were used or what it may have been mixed with, in that promo.

Both images so far look EXACTLY like a boring Freak 4 base with a minor face tweak, and they are clothing promos, I doubt its THAT far from the actual thing or it would’nt make sense.
I already have the Iconic shape of Freak 4. So much potential for a figure totally wasted.
I fear I’ll get really dissaponted at DAZ for the first time.

Signature 

Simplified guide to Genesis content creation.

My gallery.

Posted: 23 January 2013 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4744
Joined  2008-03-06

You’re looking at him under figure-skimming clothing (and that’s a splendid turtleneck mesh in my opinion, incidentally).  Wait until he’s out.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 24 January 2013 12:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3309
Joined  2009-08-05

I agree with sickle:) Wait till he’s out:)

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 24 January 2013 12:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1546
Joined  2009-08-08

I suspect that he may be lurking in one of the Time Traveler promos as well. But I’m not absolutely certain.

Posted: 24 January 2013 04:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1421
Joined  2010-02-14
JOdel - 24 January 2013 12:57 AM

I suspect that he may be lurking in one of the Time Traveler promos as well. But I’m not absolutely certain.

Yep, it is him.

Image Attachments
F5_Promo.png
 Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 24 January 2013 05:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14
Hellboy - 23 January 2013 09:00 PM
Mr Gneiss Guy - 23 January 2013 08:37 PM

He looks great.

Both images so far look EXACTLY like a boring Freak 4 base with a minor face tweak, and they are clothing promos, I doubt its THAT far from the actual thing or it would’nt make sense.
I already have the Iconic shape of Freak 4. So much potential for a figure totally wasted.
I fear I’ll get really dissaponted at DAZ for the first time.

Now hold on. I think what may have to do with this involves the fact that he’s wearing a much younger looking skin than the other promo I OP’ed with. Yes, I will agree that from what we can CURRENTLY see, he looks something like the F4 Iconic Shape with M5’s Head morphed in or even M5 over-bulked up on Body Volume and Body Builder (yeah, I know, implying that the M5 all by himself isn’t too bulky already rolleyes). But keep in mind that we’re only looking at his fundamental BASE. Who really uses 100% of those? Also, many veterans here will tell you that the Freak has always been, for the most part, a super muscled-up version of the respective generation’s Michael, anyway.

Besides, every Gen 5 Icon is being released with a lot of nice stuff and interesting character morphs relevant to their genre. Freak is DAZ’s Sci-Fi male, so you bet this guy’s Pro Bundle will have something worth investing in if you’re into that stuff (I’m not really that much, but I can think of a few good ways to make good use of such.). “Coincidentally” enough, if one were to so kindly gander to the current promos, Sci-Fi is JUST the thing that’s being hyped up this week. wink

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 24 January 2013 05:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  897
Joined  2012-02-03
Hellboy - 29 December 2012 11:24 AM
Zev0 - 29 December 2012 09:17 AM

I will only get him if he adds something to the table like a bunch of morphs never seen before. A single body shape is just not enough for the normal asking price. I want custom freak5 morph content like super muscles etc. Something that adds a bit more value for what you’re paying for.

I agree, but I really wouldn’t mind a single body shape if that shape is something REALLY awesome that makes me happy using it out of the box.
I was hoping for something around the detail quality of Mr. Hyde but with human proportions.
That image has me dissapointed.

This is exactly what I always wanted for the Freak (within possibilities):

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?66278-Warrior-(WIP)

I would gladly pay a good sum for that shape and skin texture. I doubt the Freak 5 will look anything like this, but the few pics I’ve seen so far didn’t look that different from Freak 4. But I’ll wait until the product is released to make final judgement.

Posted: 24 January 2013 06:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5565
Joined  2006-02-20
riftwitch - 24 January 2013 05:17 AM
Hellboy - 29 December 2012 11:24 AM
Zev0 - 29 December 2012 09:17 AM

I will only get him if he adds something to the table like a bunch of morphs never seen before. A single body shape is just not enough for the normal asking price. I want custom freak5 morph content like super muscles etc. Something that adds a bit more value for what you’re paying for.

I agree, but I really wouldn’t mind a single body shape if that shape is something REALLY awesome that makes me happy using it out of the box.
I was hoping for something around the detail quality of Mr. Hyde but with human proportions.
That image has me dissapointed.

This is exactly what I always wanted for the Freak (within possibilities):

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?66278-Warrior-(WIP)

I would gladly pay a good sum for that shape and skin texture. I doubt the Freak 5 will look anything like this, but the few pics I’ve seen so far didn’t look that different from Freak 4. But I’ll wait until the product is released to make final judgement.

Tastes are different - that shape really would turn me off!
I would prefer something along the lines of Freak3 - which I always envisioned as some kind of gentle giant ...

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 24 January 2013 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18

He looks great.

Looks like the PC version of the “Freak”. Ya know people got upset at the name and so they had to change his image.

But yeah I can wait to see what he comes out with in a pro bundle. I’m sure his crust is double stuffed.* I kid. But seriously I’m sure he has a morph or two that make him extra nice, and he should have a lot of great gear to go along with it, at least I hope so.

Kerya - 24 January 2013 06:11 AM

Tastes are different - that shape really would turn me off!
I would prefer something along the lines of Freak3 - which I always envisioned as some kind of gentle giant ...

I can make a gentle giant! But I wouldn’t mind some crazy morph like that. Not an everyday figure, but could be useful…

*Pardon the obscure reference.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 24 January 2013 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14

Well, after hearing everyone compare him to F4, including myself, I went ahead and tried something hypothetical out.

Here’s a render of M5 with full Body Volume & Body Builder morphs (Left) accompanied by F4 with a half reduced Head with full M5 Head (Right) compared to the two images we have on F5 so far:

Image Attachments
F5_Perspective.jpg02_4blueyes_pulledsleevesgenesis_freak5_1[1].jpg07_4blueyes_cozytneck_genesis_freak5[1].jpg
 Signature 

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 24 January 2013 06:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2277
Joined  2007-12-07

I’m willing to wait for the actual product, but from just the promo images for other products seen thus far I am an taken with Freak 5 - looks way too smooth and genial.  Where’s the lantern jaw, the beetle brow?

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 24 January 2013 06:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5565
Joined  2006-02-20

To compare with the original Freak
http://www.daz3d.com/hercules-pack-for-the-freak
http://www.daz3d.com/dark-paladins-for-the-freak

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

3 of 16