11 of 16
Freak 5 Thread
Posted: 29 January 2013 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 151 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2117
Joined  2005-04-15
Richard Haseltine - 29 January 2013 04:09 PM

It seems to be time for a reminder to keep the discussion civil, and that figure wars are no more welcome than app wars.

Yeah, dudez.  There’s no reason for everyone to be, like,  Freaking out, man. 

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 29 January 2013 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 152 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1057
Joined  2003-10-09

I adored Freak 3 was bleh about Freak 4 and think there are aspects of Freak 5 I can work with. I’m not all that into muscles (so why do I have smay’s Hyde? not sure) but I like the vision of hitman and colonel chaos. The only Genesis character I’m not at all enamored with is M5 and suspect I’ll still be using M4 a lot either as a Genesis shape or himself, and reserve Genesis supreme status to F5 instead.

Posted: 29 January 2013 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 153 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14715
Joined  2003-10-09
Cybersox13 - 29 January 2013 04:49 PM
Richard Haseltine - 29 January 2013 04:09 PM

It seems to be time for a reminder to keep the discussion civil, and that figure wars are no more welcome than app wars.

Yeah, dudez.  There’s no reason for everyone to be, like,  Freaking out, man. 

I wish I’d thought of that.

And yes, there’s nothing inherently uncivil about comparisons if desired - as long as they are calm and accept that different people will have different views.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 29 January 2013 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 154 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  665
Joined  2006-11-10

The 50% discount on DAZ Original poses isn’t showing up for me. Neither is the one for clothing and accessories. Didn’t get an e-mail about this either.

And dear lord what happened to the forums? DAZ why do you hate me?

Signature 

Old post count: 3,394,206

Posted: 29 January 2013 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 155 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1454
Joined  2006-07-04
Hellboy - 29 January 2013 04:45 PM
DaWaterRat - 29 January 2013 03:55 PM

Cool, thanks.  Your response did remind me to clarify I meant the ones that came with Freak 5 himself, not the JoeQuick ones in the Pro Bundle (though I’m curious about those too.)  the Freak 5 info says there are 6 alternate head shapes included.

Yes they are. I hope this is more or less what you needed. I used M5’s base body. They are huge, but probably you can scale them or using a smaller amount or something. They are additive, so you have to use the default head too or they look like something from Sesame Street.
Let me know if you need something else.

No, that’s fine. thanks.

Gonna require a bit more thought, but the odds of picking F5 up this sale are increasing.

Signature 

DAZ Gallery * * *DA Gallery

Posted: 29 January 2013 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 156 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1112
Joined  2010-09-19

A quick look at a side-by-side of the standard Freak shapes for Genesis (Mr Hyde is tagged on the end to show just how big he actually is compared to the “normal” Freaks)

Image Attachments
Genesis_Freak_Shapes.jpg
 Signature 

My deviantART page
My ShareCG freebies
Some of my music

Posted: 29 January 2013 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 157 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4587
Joined  2004-08-11

I think Freak 5 looks great . His face is more realistic for his body proportions.  The ONLY way a male can get that big is to take steroids and steroids end up affecting the face and his face looks like it belongs to that freaky body size and shape.  Can’t wait to play with him.  Maybe mix up M5 with him so he’s not quite so freaky.  Wonder if a Superman can be made mixing those two up?

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 29 January 2013 07:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 158 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  182
Joined  2004-06-23
Agent_Unawares - 29 January 2013 05:15 PM

The 50% discount on DAZ Original poses isn’t showing up for me. Neither is the one for clothing and accessories. Didn’t get an e-mail about this either.

are you sure you are logged in in the store? Because unless you are the discounts won’t show up.

Posted: 29 January 2013 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 159 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2843
Joined  2006-07-31
Jabba101 - 29 January 2013 06:31 PM

A quick look at a side-by-side of the standard Freak shapes for Genesis (Mr Hyde is tagged on the end to show just how big he actually is compared to the “normal” Freaks)

You know, it is actually a scary lineup, like a man turning into monster one step at the time

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis
a way to transfer morphs to Genesis without Gen-X

Posted: 29 January 2013 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 160 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  665
Joined  2006-11-10
Bea - 29 January 2013 07:05 PM
Agent_Unawares - 29 January 2013 05:15 PM

are you sure you are logged in in the store? Because unless you are the discounts won’t show up.

Quite sure, my cart and PC discounts show up fine. Tried logging out and back in to no effect, too.

Signature 

Old post count: 3,394,206

Posted: 29 January 2013 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 161 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1624
Joined  2009-08-08

Something that seems fairly evident is that (probably due to scaling issues) DAZ doesn’t have the kind of full confidence that vendors are going to be building as many new characters for him as they expect them to do for some of the other figures. They ship him with 7 heads, right off the bat, and along with his launch are two more packs one with 8 more heads and another with 4.  That’s enough to fill most people’s cast of heavies right there from day one.

Of course by this time V5 and M5 have plenty of new character head morphs which they share with Stephanie and anyone else, but they certainly never came out with *19* different heads first crack out of the box.

The poor old Girl has been wearing essentially the same head since Gen3.

Posted: 29 January 2013 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 162 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1810
Joined  2003-10-09

I like Freak5 the best Freak so far now at last the face mood match the rest before the face was puppy with muscle, now it looks more stronger all together , what else you expect from freak?  a bundle of muscles what else ,  the hulk will be always a hulk and so the freak will be a freak with own signature posture and for the first time I really like it ..  what don’t mean you should like it too it is personal opinion , as I play with him for a while now and is great…

Signature 

Just Released :The Aviatrix &  The Vampire Huntress
MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 30 January 2013 01:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 163 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  257
Joined  2011-02-17
JOdel - 29 January 2013 07:38 PM

Something that seems fairly evident is that (probably due to scaling issues) DAZ doesn’t have the kind of full confidence that vendors are going to be building as many new characters for him as they expect them to do for some of the other figures. They ship him with 7 heads, right off the bat .........

They could also be showing the versatility available with this character as a standalone without having to purchase other Genesis faces.

Since Freak 4 had included 11 additional head shapes, it would seem like a step down if Freak 5 only had one.

Signature 

Daz Gallery

Posted: 30 January 2013 01:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 164 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  257
Joined  2011-02-17
Jabba101 - 29 January 2013 06:31 PM

Thanks for this.

Signature 

Daz Gallery

Posted: 30 January 2013 02:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 165 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  921
Joined  2012-02-03
JOdel - 29 January 2013 07:38 PM

Something that seems fairly evident is that (probably due to scaling issues) DAZ doesn’t have the kind of full confidence that vendors are going to be building as many new characters for him as they expect them to do for some of the other figures. They ship him with 7 heads, right off the bat, and along with his launch are two more packs one with 8 more heads and another with 4.  That’s enough to fill most people’s cast of heavies right there from day one.

Of course by this time V5 and M5 have plenty of new character head morphs which they share with Stephanie and anyone else, but they certainly never came out with *19* different heads first crack out of the box.

The poor old Girl has been wearing essentially the same head since Gen3.

I was pleasantly surprised to see how many heads came with the basic Freak 5, let alone all the ones in the other two morph packs. It does seem that the Gen 4 characters came with more shapes than the Gen 5 ones do. But you can’t mix and match all of them the way you can with Genesis shapes, so maybe the trade-off is a good one. I like what I’ve seen so far of the new Freak, so I hope to be picking him up payday. There are a lot of newer characters that I like (Young Teens, Hiro 5), but don’t really need right now for any renders I want to do. Freak 5, however, is something I can really use, so I’m definitely picking him up as soon as possible.

11 of 16