10 of 16
Freak 5 Thread
Posted: 29 January 2013 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 136 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1575
Joined  2008-11-10
Hellboy - 29 January 2013 02:46 PM

No, I can’t return this because I got the Pro Bundle and It has stuff I liked for $35. I’m glad you liked F4.2 and found this way of creating characters acceptable, but not only people thinking like you has the right to share their opinions, so deal with it already.

Anyway, trying more stuff, the only way I found this usable is applying the smoothing modifier to bring down the horribly ripped muscles, but then you get an even more exact clone of Freak 4 and I don’t know why the bulges are still visible on the render anyway, might try fixing that and see how it goes with the normal and displacement included, but so far this is proving very unuseful.

Well at this point, I think you’re the only one moaning… that pretty much speak to itself… so I think you can go ahead and call it “Freak 5”

Posted: 29 January 2013 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 137 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3129
Joined  2007-06-22

To be honest I agree with Hellboy, I’m rather disapointed, I really like the new faces but the body is pretty much what we already have and so far I’ve found little to get excited about.

Posted: 29 January 2013 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 138 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-10
scorpio64dragon - 29 January 2013 02:52 PM

To be honest I agree with Hellboy, I’m rather disapointed, I really like the new faces but the body is pretty much what we already have and so far I’ve found little to get excited about.

Well that’s the thing, you both are acting like you have no imagination to work with a base. How is this different than V5 or M5? You don’t like it, then you can change it… This isn’t Gen4 where you’re stuck and you have to moan about it. And I’m sure there’s other products that will come out to expand on the options.

Posted: 29 January 2013 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 139 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3129
Joined  2007-06-22

I’m sorry you find it necassary to take my opinion so personally, I won’t get into an argument about who does and who doesn’t have imagination, I’m not impressed its as simple as that and it doesn’t matter how much you nag and berate people they are intitled to their opinions.

Posted: 29 January 2013 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 140 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1443
Joined  2010-02-14

Yeah, I was actually surprised myself at how similar the body looked, myself. But I can still see where they differ. I like how the hip is more curved out, the chest and lats are broader, the bump map is VERY detailed, and the face is more rugged than ever, not to mention the many head morphs! And the Superfreak morph really does add some extra oomph to his signature monstrous concept! smile

When I get to it, I’ll show you some beastly play-arounds later. Like I promised earlier, I’ll show you just how much of a FREAK I can REALLY make this guy! wink

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 29 January 2013 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 141 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  582
Joined  2006-10-01

Mixing characters is one of the things I like the most about Genesis. But that’s the main problem, this looks way too much like Freak 4 to add any real value.
Its funny you mention “imagination” because the lack of it is what bothers me about this character.
Freak is a character with LOTS of potential. They did something completely new for more limited characters like M5 and V5 and they could have done something new for him easier. But they just took the easy road. Sorry, but I prefer to pay for something new and different than pay for something tweaked and old looking.

And I agree with scorpio64dragon, I’m glad you liked it so much, good for you. But calm down and stop being rude with the people who doesn’t think like you because no one is attacking you in the least.

Signature 

Simplified guide to Genesis content creation.

My gallery.

Posted: 29 January 2013 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 142 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-10
Hellboy - 29 January 2013 03:25 PM

And I agree with scorpio64dragon, I’m glad you liked it so much, good for you. But calm down and stop being rude with the people who doesn’t think like you because no one is attacking you in the least.

No, but you did insult me a few days ago, so I really think the calm down is really in order for you. Like I said, no need to party poop other’s excitement.

Posted: 29 January 2013 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 143 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1386
Joined  2006-07-04

Might someone who has him be willing to show how the new Freak 5 faces (the ones that come with Freak 5, not the extra ones by Joequick) work with the Michael 5 body, or even just on the Genesis Basic Male?  Clay renders, preferably.

I like the look of the new heads, but I don’t do big muscle bound guys often, and there isn’t enough in either bundle I need now to make me splurge when I’m trying to save up for March madness, but if the heads work well, I might indulge in the Starter bundle, since PC price is only $5 more than PC price for F5 himself.

(and odds are 15 new characters that are exactly what I need will come out using the Freak 5 UV’s in the period between when the bundles go off sale and when they’re 60 days old if I don’t get him. :p )

Signature 

DAZ Gallery * * *DA Gallery

Posted: 29 January 2013 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 144 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-10-01

I already told you no one was trying to insult you.
I also told you people have different opinions.
Get over both things already.

DaWaterRat - 29 January 2013 03:42 PM

Might someone who has him be willing to show how the new Freak 5 faces work with the Michael 5 body, or even just on the Genesis Basic Male?  Clay renders, preferably.

I like the look of the new heads, but I don’t do big muscle bound guys often, and there isn’t enough in either bundle I need now to make me splurge when I’m trying to save up for March madness, but if the heads work well, I might indulge in the Starter bundle, since PC price is only $5 more than PC price for F5 himself.

(and odds are 15 new characters that are exactly what I need will come out using the Freak 5 UV’s in the period between when the bundles go off sale and when they’re 60 days old if I don’t get him. :p )

Sure, I can try that. I think I still have to download those, but I’ll go for it after I eat something if no one does it first. I’m curious too. wink

Signature 

My gallery.

Posted: 29 January 2013 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 145 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1386
Joined  2006-07-04
Hellboy - 29 January 2013 03:49 PM
DaWaterRat - 29 January 2013 03:42 PM

Might someone who has him be willing to show how the new Freak 5 faces work with the Michael 5 body, or even just on the Genesis Basic Male?  Clay renders, preferably.

Sure, I can try that. I think I still have to download those, but I’ll go for it after I eat something if no one does it first. I’m curious too. wink

Cool, thanks.  Your response did remind me to clarify I meant the ones that came with Freak 5 himself, not the JoeQuick ones in the Pro Bundle (though I’m curious about those too.)  the Freak 5 info says there are 6 alternate head shapes included.

Signature 

DAZ Gallery * * *DA Gallery

Posted: 29 January 2013 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 146 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  910
Joined  2008-11-27

As I don’t have Freak 4 this one is completely new for me and I like it - will be great to do some Hero/Fantasy Scenes.

wink Now I am just missing something to turn him into a Hulk (yes, I have Mr. Hyde, but…)

This is just a first render using items out of the Bundle: char, skin, outfit, pose… - want to see him before I go now to bed :D

Image Attachments
2013-01-29_FREAKin_Cool.jpg
 Signature 

Markus

My store at DAZ: http://www.daz3d.com/sedor

Member of the Bald Wizards Club (BWC).

My facebook artist page: https://www.facebook.com/WatmaScunn

Posted: 29 January 2013 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 147 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13698
Joined  2003-10-09

It seems to be time for a reminder to keep the discussion civil, and that figure wars are no more welcome than app wars.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 29 January 2013 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 148 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  997
Joined  2012-01-29

Great render, Sedor!

Posted: 29 January 2013 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 149 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2800
Joined  2006-07-31

Personally I think that calm, side-by-side comparison of shapes is helping other people who are only thinking of buying F5 and not bundles, to make a better informed choice.

They still might go for new heads or bundles, or they might not have legacy F4 shapes for Genesis but I think it is much worse to be hyped and then inevitably very disappointed with F5 shapes due to lack of information how similar they are to F4 than to be provided some not-so-hyped information about F5 on the day of release.

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis
a way to transfer morphs to Genesis without Gen-X

Posted: 29 January 2013 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 150 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-10-01
DaWaterRat - 29 January 2013 03:55 PM

Cool, thanks.  Your response did remind me to clarify I meant the ones that came with Freak 5 himself, not the JoeQuick ones in the Pro Bundle (though I’m curious about those too.)  the Freak 5 info says there are 6 alternate head shapes included.

Yes they are. I hope this is more or less what you needed. I used M5’s base body. They are huge, but probably you can scale them or using a smaller amount or something. They are additive, so you have to use the default head too or they look like something from Sesame Street.
Let me know if you need something else.

Image Attachments
freak_fiasco_4.jpg
 Signature 

My gallery.

10 of 16