Digital Art Zone

Question about Bryce Content and Bryce Pro Content Installers
Posted: 27 December 2012 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2881
Joined  2004-10-25

OK, it’s been a long time since I’ve worked in Bryce, but I installed Bryce 7 Pro on this relatively new laptop and have a quick question.

I installed Bryce and the Bryce Content, but when I try to run the Bryce Pro Content installer, it states it will uninstall the previous version’s content, and I’m wondering if it will uninstall everything (it’s a much larger installer than the Bryce Pro Content installer), or just those items that have been updated for Bryce 7 Pro.

Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.  grin

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 27 December 2012 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15601
Joined  2003-10-09

Don’t allow it to uninstall the content.  It should ask you if you want it to, and then you say NO

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 27 December 2012 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-25

I saw that option, but wasn’t sure if I should or not.  Thanks Cho for the confirmation that both sets of content work together.  grin

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

Posted: 28 December 2012 02:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3456
Joined  2004-10-01

Bryce content can go anywhere where you can find it. Some content need to be copied into the appropriate folders.

Here is all the information you need: http://www.horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 28 December 2012 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-25

I actually found I had a copy of that PDF, so I must’ve found a link to it at some point before and downloaded it.  wink  Thanks for reminding me about it Horo.

Signature 

Posted: 28 December 2012 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15601
Joined  2003-10-09

I have spammed it in a couple of threads in New Users.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915