Digital Art Zone

Question about Bryce Content and Bryce Pro Content Installers
Posted: 27 December 2012 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3045
Joined  2004-10-25

OK, it’s been a long time since I’ve worked in Bryce, but I installed Bryce 7 Pro on this relatively new laptop and have a quick question.

I installed Bryce and the Bryce Content, but when I try to run the Bryce Pro Content installer, it states it will uninstall the previous version’s content, and I’m wondering if it will uninstall everything (it’s a much larger installer than the Bryce Pro Content installer), or just those items that have been updated for Bryce 7 Pro.

Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.  grin

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 27 December 2012 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16786
Joined  2003-10-09

Don’t allow it to uninstall the content.  It should ask you if you want it to, and then you say NO

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        November Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 27 December 2012 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-25

I saw that option, but wasn’t sure if I should or not.  Thanks Cho for the confirmation that both sets of content work together.  grin

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

Posted: 28 December 2012 02:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3774
Joined  2004-10-01

Bryce content can go anywhere where you can find it. Some content need to be copied into the appropriate folders.

Here is all the information you need: http://www.horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 28 December 2012 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-25

I actually found I had a copy of that PDF, so I must’ve found a link to it at some point before and downloaded it.  wink  Thanks for reminding me about it Horo.

Signature 

Posted: 28 December 2012 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16786
Joined  2003-10-09

I have spammed it in a couple of threads in New Users.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        November Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915