Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
NEW FAVERAL RELEASE: Le Faubourg [commercial]
Posted: 28 December 2012 09:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2004-02-25

Thank you all for your kind comments. smile
As for the extra discount, this offer has been extended to my repeat customers as a thank you.
If you bought this product and later received the extra discount e-mail, please contact DAZ and they will fix it for you.
Thanks again, and I hope you enjoy this set smile

Signature 

Have no fear of perfection….You’ll never reach it.

Posted: 28 December 2012 10:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  541
Joined  2009-08-07

Bought it and stacks of wishlisted items too. Have submitted a ticket to Support for the difference in Le Faubourg.
Thanks for the loyalty discount! grin

Signature 

Check out The Lesser Evil, a graphic novel made using DAZ models, and published by Zeta Comics!

Posted: 28 December 2012 11:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  130
Joined  2008-05-26

Beautiful set I had to have it.  Thanks for additional discount. It made the decision to buy it all the more easy grin

Signature 

Never let ‘em see you sweat wink

Posted: 29 December 2012 02:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  159
Joined  2004-04-16

Wonderful set, Faveral! Worth every penny even at full price, but extra nice with the added discount.

I have just about everything you’ve made so I was very happy when I saw the extra discount email - though you might mention to Daz to include the “discount shows once in the cart” in their mailings.  wink  It would save some confusion.

Thanks for another fabulous Faveral set!

Signature 

judee3d’s store

Posted: 29 December 2012 05:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2380
Joined  2007-12-07

Thanks Faveral - both for the item but also for the explanation; I’ll send in a ticket to DAZ smile

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 29 December 2012 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2003-10-09

Curiouser and curiouser. The discount happened automatically for me.  Not sure what I did but it worked.

Thanks for yet another lovely set. As an anglaise who has spent much time in France I’m very happy. All I need now is a Jean Gabin morph.

Signature 

Freebies

Posted: 30 December 2012 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  220
Joined  2008-06-12

Looks pretty good ‘out of the box’ with Reality/Lux.  But Lux threw an error that might be worth noting:
[2012-12-30 11:28:57 Error: 43] Shape #23 (plymesh): Inconsistent vertex winding in mesh, aborting subdivision.

Shape #23 is the ‘Cobble1’ region.

Posted: 31 December 2012 12:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1095
Joined  2010-09-19

Very nice set - would love to see an add-on or two… maybe a construction kit type of idea? (but then, I always want to have my cake and eat it too!)

Here’s a render done via the Reality plug-in for DAZ Studio - top image is the original render (with tag added post render), followed by a couple of post worked variants.

Incidentally, for anybody interested that’s using Reality, the glow effect in original render was achieved via Bloom Settings (in the Lens Effects tab): Amount 0.18 and Radius 0.07 ...the skydome was from the Skies of Economy set, but dialed down to 0.39 to get a “proper” night feel to scene.

Image Attachments
Faubourg_01_original_Reality_render.jpgFaubourg_02_Twighlight.jpgFaubourg_03_Vintage.jpgFaubourg_04_Vintage_Damaged.jpg
 Signature 

My deviantART page
My ShareCG freebies
Some of my music

Posted: 31 December 2012 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16

Somehow this thread didn’t show up in ‘new posts’ till today for me. Beautiful piece Faveral and very nice render Jabba smile

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

2 of 2