Digital Art Zone

67 of 100
Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 3
Posted: 26 February 2013 05:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 991 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  667
Joined  2010-02-18

As the animation aspect to Bryce doesn’t get that much of a look-in, here’s (preview below - YouTube vid) the latest to keep [it], somewhat, of interest. Inclusion of the water was really a surprise, as it followed the outline of layers on the Mars’s surface - proof, that the planet did at one time have water…hahaaa. NASA will surely have to admit the case now - thanks to Bryce wink

Jay

Image Attachments
mars-water.jpg

Posted: 26 February 2013 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 992 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2621
Joined  2004-07-06

Rashad, the new render looks better again, and the last one did look very good indeed.  I don’t really feel I should complain about anything really.  You’ve far exceeded my expectations of what it is normally possible to achieve in terms of Bryce and interior lighting.  If only my office was so light, large and most of all, clean and tidy!

Sasje, third render!  Third render!  What did my third render look like?  Probably infinite water surface and silver balls…  Impressive.

Stuart, looks good, but your jagged line issue is down to the way the HDRI image is interpolated to compensate for a lack of resolution.  This will be an issue with anything where you have a fairly narrow field of view and a HDRI image backdrop.  The answer is either, slot in a high resolution image behind your scene.  Or use DOF or blurred transmissions and a thin sheet for blurring glass in front of the HDRI backdrop.  I would go for DOF since that is a natural choice for a still life subject like this.

Dave, that’s quick work, want to come down here and fix up my Subaru?

Jay, nice smooth animation, dread to think how long it took to render!  I particularly like the bit where it dives into the strata, finds a critter and turns it into a fossil.  Or at least that’s what I think happens.

Me, oh, I’ve been animating too… nothing so advanced, more glowing squiggles and stuff.  Hope to have a link to that soon.  And in the mean time, another interior building experiment.  I had a lot of trouble with scale and the segments refused to line up and stay lined up.  Every time I went into a lab they jumped back into a different position.  Very annoying bug.  I’ve encountered this before… sure I’ve put it in the bugtracker… anyway, here it is.

Image Attachments
Another_twisted_tower_inside1.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 26 February 2013 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 993 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1646
Joined  2007-12-10
David Brinnen - 26 February 2013 08:42 AM

Dave, that’s quick work, want to come down here and fix up my Subaru?

No… but if you could email it to me….

LOL

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 26 February 2013 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 994 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3595
Joined  2004-10-01

@Sasje - nice render and great for a beginner. Though I must add that it is difficult to asses what you’ve done in Bryce and what in post production. I’m a purist and try to do all in Bryce, but that’s not an argument since the result counts, not the means.

@Rashad - I like this one much more, you used a slower film to photograph it, so to speak. Light is more balanced, less hard contrast but still enough. Funny, those dome and fill lights don’t work for me. Last time I needed such, I resorted to the old Bryce 6 method. Obviously, I miss something important. However, I’m a great fan of the parallel lights.

@Jamahoney - fantastic, nice to see you coming back to that sort of renders. Tell me, have you used DEMs? If yes, which part of Mars did you use? Obviously, the wormy thing is an image, I remember having seen it in the AW&ST; and PS.

@StuartB4 - HDRI size may be the issue, as David suggests. FoV is the issue. Imagine, an HDRI covers 360°, FoV is set to 30° and you render 1500 pixels wide. Your HDRI has to be at least 360/30=12 times 1500 pixels, which is 18,000 pixels wide. By the way, what Bryce indicates as FoV is the diagonal of a 4:3 aspect ratio document.

@David - that indoor render looks great.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 26 February 2013 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 995 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  667
Joined  2010-02-18

David…many thanks, and, yep, took for ages to render (broken up into several pieces, however, makes them look small, though). Love the spiral building, and great perspective also. That un-matching bug is a curse, looks like.

Thanks also, Horo…yeah, an HiRise DEM – referenced in the credits. The ‘worrmy thingy’ was created just by sticking some rocks of various sizes together, which I then blended into the official NASA imaged ‘worm?’ (still controversial) - found in the ALH84001 Mars’s meteorite.

Jay

Posted: 26 February 2013 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 996 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2977
Joined  2004-10-25
Rashad Carter - 25 February 2013 03:46 PM

Thanks so much for the feedback on my last render. Taking the feedback I received from various forums, here is a retake with some different materials on the furniture and some minor tweaks to the lighting. To me the scene holds together better, has less of a sharp contrast between the foreground and background. But as always, feedback is appreciated.

Loving this version of the render as well Rashad.

As I had asked about the other version, though you might have missed it, what desk model is that?  It works perfectly with the other furniture in Jack’s Classic Deco pack, but I don’t recognize where it may have come from.  Color me curious.  grin

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 26 February 2013 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 997 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

What colour is curiosity Miss B?

Another test of Horo’s extra wide angle lens, the horizon is the circle, the rest is reflections on three spheres.

Image Attachments
Hotlineorange1.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 26 February 2013 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 998 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  261
Joined  2010-02-02

Thanks David and Horo for the explanation.
Just going to write out 100 times “I must do it right next time”

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/1819
http://stuartbassett0.wix.com/mybrycework

Posted: 26 February 2013 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 999 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  927
Joined  2003-10-09
Rashad Carter - 23 February 2013 03:03 AM

I love everything I’m seeing in this thread. David, I seriously cannot keep up with your discoveries. Fascinating. The scratched metal looks brilliant. I’d say the scratches need to be finer, but otherwise, this is flawless. And lens is also doing something very desirable in that shot.

I finally have something to contribute. Feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Isn’t there some rule about not posting photos as if they were renders? wink

Posted: 26 February 2013 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1000 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4799
Joined  2004-07-01

1 Big Gulp

Image Attachments
1_Big_Gulp.jpg

Posted: 26 February 2013 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1001 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2977
Joined  2004-10-25
David Brinnen - 26 February 2013 03:47 PM

I guess that depends on the individual.  For me, shades of grey.  wink

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 27 February 2013 01:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1002 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1524
Joined  2011-09-25

Trouble with being absent for a time is catching up with what everyone has done.  Really like what I’ve seen since my last visit.  And the new tutorials are great, David.  Nice job, something to really look into.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 27 February 2013 02:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1003 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2012-02-13

Waleed: Thanks a ton good sir! I wonder when you will get around to doing your first architectural renders of interiors? I’m sure you will have tons of amazing ideas. Fun Fun.

Very nice Rashad you made some beautiful amendments and revisions I think it is better from before ...... and for this I have the honor to present to you my Image done by Bryce 5.0 about the lighting improvements , I have a challenge with my students the Architects in the university that they said Bryce is not like Max and V.ray , I said NO maybe better than them but wait till I finish and prove this to you you will see my theory right ,,,,, I’m still testing some elements there on Bryce ...... I hope you will like it Rashad

I also present this for my friends here (the Bridge Light) new 2013 fro the Bryce light testing

Image Attachments
oooooooooooo.JPGred2.JPG
 Signature 

Greetings

Posted: 27 February 2013 03:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1004 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06
Miss B - 26 February 2013 09:31 PM
David Brinnen - 26 February 2013 03:47 PM

I guess that depends on the individual.  For me, shades of grey.  wink

Oh… I had to think about that… I don’t have a TV so I remain quite isolated (Edit: from the media - I live on the East Coast of Lincolnshire, so in real life also quite isolated), but a certain book, about grey and it’s numerous shades, did get mentioned on Radio 4…

Signature 

Posted: 27 February 2013 04:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1005 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1281
Joined  2008-03-30

I really need to spend *a lot* more time here, fantastic creations from everyone smile

Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

67 of 100