Digital Art Zone

65 of 100
Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 3
Posted: 24 February 2013 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 961 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2563
Joined  2004-07-06

Beautiful lamps Dave, I think I like the Deco style better but technically, they are all very good.

I’m glad TLBKlaus has taken the trouble to share some of his artworks with us, I recommend taking a peek at his gallery over at DA, some wonderful abstracts on show there and very detailed indeed.

Ariaso also, welcome, I hope you will post some more images directly in this treat, I remember admiring the Spirit of Atlantis on DA already.  Good work.

Mermaid, interesting doodle, you can exchange your spheres for metaspheres at any time - perhaps you have already tried?  But the render time does go up alarmingly!

Analog-X64, have you had chance to watch the video yet?  And if so, will it help to reduce your render times in the future?  This abstract looks very good, but the render time is somewhat alarming.

Speaking of alarming render times, another attempt to simulate SSS - render time 2 hours.

Image Attachments
SSSagain5.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 24 February 2013 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 962 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Because of a question that was asked, I decided to make a sequel to the multi-replicate tutorial.

Here it is, Bryce “Nuts and Bolts” - multi-replicate 2 - a tutorial by David Brinnen

First image from the tut directly, the second substituting the Bryce sky HDRI for one of Horo’s (Puddle1280.hdr)

Image Attachments
Twisted_build1.jpgTwisted_build2.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 24 February 2013 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 963 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  98
Joined  2005-01-24
David Brinnen - 24 February 2013 09:16 AM

Because of a question that was asked, I decided to make a sequel to the multi-replicate tutorial.

Here it is, Bryce “Nuts and Bolts” - multi-replicate 2 - a tutorial by David Brinnen

First image from the tut directly, the second substituting the Bryce sky HDRI for one of Horo’s (Puddle1280.hdr)

Oh there goes my plans for Sunday wink Off to watch this tutorial and see what I can bang out of it.

Yes I watched your tutorial on render time, excellent and did send you a reply regarding the tutorial.

I think the long render time was due to all the reflective material and the amount of objects in the scene, I did mess with different render settings but wasn’t able to reduce the render time.  The estimated render time was showing 47 minutes, but when I went to render to disk, it took over night.  I started it 9:00PM EST last night and finished sometime early this morning.

Signature 

My Audio Production: http://soundcloud.com/analog-x64

Posted: 24 February 2013 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 964 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06
Analog-X64 - 24 February 2013 09:40 AM
David Brinnen - 24 February 2013 09:16 AM

Oh there goes my plans for Sunday wink Off to watch this tutorial and see what I can bang out of it.

Yes I watched your tutorial on render time, excellent and did send you a reply regarding the tutorial.

I think the long render time was due to all the reflective material and the amount of objects in the scene, I did mess with different render settings but wasn’t able to reduce the render time.  The estimated render time was showing 47 minutes, but when I went to render to disk, it took over night.  I started it 9:00PM EST last night and finished sometime early this morning.

Oh here’s a tip, don’t use “render to disc”.  It’s not optimised, it’s a legacy feature and can be somewhat buggy.

Signature 

Posted: 24 February 2013 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 965 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3476
Joined  2004-10-01

@Analog-X64 - if I’m not mistaken, Render to Disk only uses one processor in a multi-processor system. Check by opening the task manager.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 24 February 2013 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 966 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

@David - very nice reflections in the windows in the render at right. The architecture reminds me of something, but I can’t remember ...

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 24 February 2013 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 967 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01
TLBKlaus - 24 February 2013 08:11 AM

ty all, and I’ll post some more in a little while…

@Horo ... yes, I made the pieces myself—the knight’s heads are imported from Poser, the rest are made with mostly metaballs and cylinders for the bases.

Then, you’re a gifted modeler. Your chess figures look really great.

Signature 

Posted: 24 February 2013 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 968 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  640
Joined  2010-02-18

Lovely building, David. Of course, Waleed and yourself are obviously going to the same architectural course…hahaaa. Wonder what an interior with an upwards hollow running the full length of the building - same perspective - would look like, and, with light coming inwards?

Posted: 24 February 2013 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 969 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06
Jamahoney - 24 February 2013 10:32 AM

Lovely building, David. Of course, Waleed and yourself are obviously going to the same architectural course…hahaaa. Wonder what an interior with an upwards hollow running the full length of the building - same perspective - would look like, and, with light coming inwards?

Well, the shapes occur quite naturally as a result of using multi-replicate, which is nice.  Interesting idea to stick the camera inside.  I’m rendering something now, I’ve had to relocate the obscure light radial inside the hollow to give it enough light but even at 64 RPP there is a lot of noise due to the smaller surface area of the light source.  I’ll try some noise cancellation to cut down on the fire-flies.

First is as is 10 minute render.

Second is with noise filtering in PSP 8.

Image Attachments
Twisted_build3.jpgTwisted_build3_filtered.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 24 February 2013 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 970 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2006-10-27
Analog-X64 - 24 February 2013 09:02 AM

This one took around 8 hours to render.

@Analog ... I like that a lot, very nice!

Horo - 24 February 2013 10:21 AM
TLBKlaus - 24 February 2013 08:11 AM

@Horo ... yes, I made the pieces myself—the knight’s heads are imported from Poser, the rest are made with mostly metaballs and cylinders for the bases.

Then, you’re a gifted modeler. Your chess figures look really great.

@Horo ty very much… the classic Staunton style is perfect for modelling with metaballs, it was mainly a matter of fiddling with the proportions.

Here are some more for your enjoyment… 2 more chess ones, an Aikobot, an abstract, and one from the Nexus series.  :D

Image Attachments
inversionwp.jpgaftermathwp.jpgOvertherewp.jpgsimplicity57wp.jpgnexus49wp.jpg
 Signature 

“Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what’s right.”
—Isaac Asimov

You can see more of my stuff at http://tlbklaus.deviantart.com

Posted: 24 February 2013 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 971 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  98
Joined  2005-01-24

@TLBKlaus I love everything you have posted so far, cant wait to see more smile

@David & Horo: I’m rendering the same scene to disk and All 4 CPu’s are at 100%  Bryce is using 29MB of Ram Physical Memory usage is only 12%

@Everyone: You are all awesome!! thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Signature 

My Audio Production: http://soundcloud.com/analog-x64

Posted: 24 February 2013 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 972 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2901
Joined  2004-10-25
TheSavage64 - 24 February 2013 05:59 AM
Miss B - 23 February 2013 10:25 PM

Oh, that lamp on the left is perfect.  Not that I don’t like the chrome one on the right, but the left one not only looks Deco, it looks antique.  Nicely done sir.  grin

Thanks Miss B. smile

Twiddling around with it some more, I delved into the more Nouveau style.

Oh, just lovely.  If I were still smoking (gave it up back in ‘94), I’d agree with Horo about the one on the left.  That is just too cool.

I happen to collect Soapstone, and have a cigarette and matchbook holder made out of Soapstone on my coffee table.  Of course it’s been empty for quite a while.  wink

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 24 February 2013 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 973 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2901
Joined  2004-10-25
TLBKlaus - 24 February 2013 11:33 AM

Here are some more for your enjoyment… 2 more chess ones, an Aikobot, an abstract, and one from the Nexus series.  :D

That first one is wonderful.  I’m also a fan of the Staunton Chess pieces.  Really well done.  wink

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 24 February 2013 02:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 974 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

@David - looks great from inside.

@TLBKlaus - The chess figures are really great. Abstract looks good. There are uncountable possibilities to do them. Thae last one, inside a building looks as if there are mirrors involved. Looks great, too.

Signature 

Posted: 24 February 2013 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 975 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Horo’s gigantic wide angle lens - another animation with this made in Bryce - by David Brinnen

Image Attachments
DarFlowOzone3_anim1.jpg
 Signature 

65 of 100