Please view my Daz3d User Gallery
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/465/

Posted: 24 January 2013 01:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 528 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2006-05-26
dwsel_ - 23 January 2013 06:16 PM
David Brinnen - 23 January 2013 04:44 PM

Dwsel - feel free to apply post to any of my renders, I am fascinated by your postworking skills.

Thank you, that’s quite a compliment for me.

Anyway, not a problem - just a quickie for fun on beginner tutorial island from here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/14050/P450/#225867

Partial sky substitution (for a gradient) - I think it came out slightly too hazy/too bland at last. And would have been easier if I had depth and island object (with reflection) map.

Wow. Overall looks surreal. Incredible how it draws me in.

Signature 

Posted: 24 January 2013 01:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 529 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2006-05-26
silverdali - 23 January 2013 04:27 PM

image “The Journey”  .....................Well I hope every one had a safe and fun filed New Year, I have discovered that if you render your model in Daz before sending to Bryce it helps stop the jaggies,  I am always looking for the perfect skin tone/mat in Bryce and the most amazing thing is i did not change the grey mat that came across from Daz, this is all lighting simple but true.  Although i did not do a high res render as this one took all night to render as its was, I think the skin looks great

Interesting. I cant be certain what the relationship is between these two figures but I am v=certain it is intimate. Very nice.

CJReynolds,
Specular magic at work here?

David B.
Hmm, You’ve really gone to town with the TA thing, especially the TA Optimization. Really nice meshes you’ve created and illuminated most dramatically. What are your render times?

Chohole,
That lamp looks pretty much real to me. Perfect materials realization.

Signature 

Posted: 24 January 2013 01:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 530 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1490
Joined  2011-09-25

This thread is racing right along.  Rather hard to keep up.  I’ve enjoyed seeing all the real nice images, though an aspirin might be needed after seeing cj’s images—that or a seat belt.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 24 January 2013 02:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 531 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2004-12-19

A new one of my Alien World Project:
Organic’s modeled with wings3d
Nostromo astronauts: By Sean Kennedy ( who shared these to me after watching my project )

With the use of the right Pro materials and sun light.. you can get also awesome effects.
The Alien creature and some of the tubes material is David brinnen’s pitted bronze material

Image Attachments
gsj1.jpg

Posted: 24 January 2013 03:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 532 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  704
Joined  2008-11-26

Cool renders by everyone

Cjreynolds - awesome abstracts - lovely vivid colors

Atlantis - nice to see your work again.

David - thanks for the two beginners tutorials. wink

Posted: 24 January 2013 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 533 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-08-19
silverdali - 23 January 2013 04:27 PM

image “The Journey”  .....................Well I hope every one had a safe and fun filed New Year, I have discovered that if you render your model in Daz before sending to Bryce it helps stop the jaggies,  I am always looking for the perfect skin tone/mat in Bryce and the most amazing thing is i did not change the grey mat that came across from Daz, this is all lighting simple but true.  Although i did not do a high res render as this one took all night to render as its was, I think the skin looks great

RiverWorld comes to mind when I see this..

Signature 

http://rarethdigitalmusings.blogspot.com/

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#galleries/76346/

Posted: 24 January 2013 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 534 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2599
Joined  2004-07-06

Dwsel - I could easily supply you with the source - it’s tiny.  But I bet you’ve got plenty of better things to do than tinker with my renders.  Your postwork has added a fantasy touch to the image.  Looks much more “cinematic”.  A little bit of post magic goes a long way.

Dave - nice Spam render - your work on the label or is this an image lifted off the web?

Rashad - render times vary, from a few minutes to several hours - depending on the presence of transparency largely.  A known bug.  Glad you like them.

Erich - fantastic render, I wouldn’t have recognised my material if you had not said so, you’ve done wonders with the lighting at first I thought it was a still from one of the films!  I bet Dwsel with her cunning postworking magic skills could convince me utterly.

Mermaid - you are welcome.

Rareth - Riverworld - my favourite Sci-fi fantasy stories along with the Mythago series and I would have said Thomas Covenant but the recent ones have not been up to scratch in my view - so I might switch to anything by David Eddings - who is far more lightweight but very nice to read.

Oh… and new tutorials.  Sort of related to the basic still life one in a way.

Bryce 25 minute lighting project - use sky - a tutorial by David Brinnen

Image Attachments
Use_sky_start1.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 24 January 2013 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 535 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1616
Joined  2007-12-10
David Brinnen - 24 January 2013 09:32 AM

Dave - nice Spam render - your work on the label or is this an image lifted off the web?

Not my design this time… it’s the official Monty Python Spam-A-Lot label… I just made the tin using booleans.

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 24 January 2013 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 536 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  927
Joined  2003-10-09
TheSavage64 - 23 January 2013 08:08 PM

One for the Python fans…. Shurrup yer ruddy Vikings! grin

But I don’t like Spam!

Well there’s Spam, Spam, Spam, Eggs and Spam, that doesn’t have very much Spam in it. smile

Posted: 24 January 2013 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 537 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1772
Joined  2010-10-10

Couple of snow scene I rendered after following another of David’s tutorials.

Not sure which one I prefer though.

Image Attachments
Snow_Scene1.jpgSnow_Scene_1a.jpg
 Signature 

Wendy

My website: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk

Tutorials: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_products.php?cat=10

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 24 January 2013 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 538 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3543
Joined  2004-10-01

@tlantis - good to see you back. Aliens, spot on!

@wilmap - second is better in my eyes. The ridges are a bit on the prominent side and they look better in the second. Good work.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 24 January 2013 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 539 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2012-10-14
LordHardDriven - 24 January 2013 11:09 AM
TheSavage64 - 23 January 2013 08:08 PM

One for the Python fans…. Shurrup yer ruddy Vikings! grin

But I don’t like Spam!

Well there’s Spam, Spam, Spam, Eggs and Spam, that doesn’t have very much Spam in it. smile

Guess what buddy,
The internet is full of spam and spammers,
so, get used to it.
smile wink

Posted: 24 January 2013 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 540 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2008-11-04
David Brinnen - 23 January 2013 04:44 PM

Here, a Sierpinskised sphere.  Obscure gel lighting - flat pattern captured using our old friend Spherical Mapper

I’m always impressed by the realism you and other folks here are able to do, but you do some really amazing other-worldly stuff with lighting and mats - I really like this one smile

Signature 

“We probably wouldn’t worry about what people think of us if we could know how seldom they do.”
Mark Twain

36 of 100