Digital Art Zone

4 of 100
Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 3
Posted: 29 December 2012 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2008-03-28
Jamahoney - 29 December 2012 07:34 AM

Working through one of David’s excellent tuts., on specularity, the actual ‘specula’ (speculae?) coming from off the model being used was a striking effect. No apologies, then, for the below work, as specularity is intentioned. Kinda, a sci-fi result, don’t ya think smile ? The small image here, I found on loading, doesn’t show the specular effect, so you’ll have to click for the larger image (and click again as images aren’t fully ‘zoomed-in’ on the first click), I’m afraid. Btw, this was a quick work ~ 1 hour project, and all settings are of default.

Title: “Specular Lady”

Jay

Oh yes i can see the sparkles. Very nice indeed!

Posted: 29 December 2012 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2769
Joined  2004-10-25

YAY!!!  My first Bryce render in about 7 or 8 years.  cool smirk

Terrain created in Terragen and exported as OBJ and imported into Bryce.  Not sure I’m crazy about the sky I chose, but it’s been so long I’ve forgotten which ones are my faves.  wink

Birds added in post work, thanks to Ron’s Bird Brushes.

Click for unsquished version, or check it out here —> http://3dpixelzone.com/WIP/bryce/

Image Attachments
Terrain1.jpg
 Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 29 December 2012 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2012-10-14
Jamahoney - 29 December 2012 07:34 AM

Working through one of David’s excellent tuts., on specularity, the actual ‘specula’ (speculae?) coming from off the model being used was a striking effect. No apologies, then, for the below work, as specularity is intentioned. Kinda, a sci-fi result, don’t ya think smile ? The small image here, I found on loading, doesn’t show the specular effect, so you’ll have to click for the larger image (and click again as images aren’t fully ‘zoomed-in’ on the first click), I’m afraid. Btw, this was a quick work ~ 1 hour project, and all settings are of default.

Title: “Specular Lady”

Jay

Whos that Dolly Glitter?

Posted: 30 December 2012 01:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1379
Joined  2011-09-25

@Jay:  That’s a real interesting image, if it’s not enlarged.  Enlarged, there are a lot of fire flies on the lady.  Maybe boost lighting was set?  Still, I like what you’ve done in that image.

@Miss B:  The way you have that scene set up, with the birds and the mist at the far mountains, the sky you chose works well.  It would also look good with a more sunny sky.  It’s a very nice job.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 30 December 2012 02:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1547
Joined  2007-12-10

Last motorbike render for now…

Image Attachments
VRodSideAd.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 30 December 2012 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  617
Joined  2010-02-18

Eireann…...haha…Dolly Spectacular more like wink

Guss…thanks, and you’re right…but it really was just a ‘spat’ work of sparkles…;)

Savage…saw this killer hog (not my work) just now on Devient

Jay

Posted: 30 December 2012 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15247
Joined  2003-10-09

Jay, not quite certain what you did with that link to DA, but it locks one into DA and the back button won’t work, have to close the tab.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 30 December 2012 07:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5569
Joined  2006-02-20

Eeek, lost my subscription to this thread ...

Back to my comfort zone with Bryce ... abstracts. Fun! smile

Image Attachments
DeepBlue.jpg
 Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 30 December 2012 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-18

Chohole…okay on that. Just tried the link again and it takes me to the hog image….that’s weird you’re having problems. Might just be that it’s a stored history thing on my comp.,. so that’s probably why it’s working for me. It’s still not a problem; as I’m sure Savage is used to seeing such hogs anyway - the ‘hoggerite’ wink

Kerya…mmmm, very nice….wonder what an anaglyph of it would like?

Jay

Posted: 30 December 2012 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2012-04-24

All of the images I see posted here are incredible and I have learned much from reading all of your posts. One of the most important lessons I’ve learned is that I have a long way to go in the struggle to understanding the nuances of Bryce. I hope you like this one.

Image Attachments
Lessonlrnd.png

Posted: 30 December 2012 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-18

Mx42b…Oh yeah, excellent! Great light and shadows too - look forward to seeing more of these story type works from you.

Jay

Posted: 30 December 2012 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-25
GussNemo - 30 December 2012 01:59 AM

@Miss B:  The way you have that scene set up, with the birds and the mist at the far mountains, the sky you chose works well.  It would also look good with a more sunny sky.  It’s a very nice job.

Thank you.  I’m just back to Bryce after many years away, so I have to familiarize myself with all the skies again.  I have lots of Bryce goodies I’ve bought over the years that need to be installed, including skies.

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

Posted: 30 December 2012 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-25
Kerya - 30 December 2012 07:37 AM

Back to my comfort zone with Bryce ... abstracts. Fun! smile

Oh nice Kerya.  I don’t recall anyone doing abstracts in Bryce back when I was using B4 or B5, so it’s something I’ve always wanted to try.  Hmmmmm, maybe that’s the next thing I should work on.  cool smirk

Signature 

Posted: 30 December 2012 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1379
Joined  2011-09-25

@Dave:  IMHO, your colored v-rods, besides being vibrant, do show off that bike much better.  Hmmm…I think maybe I’ve already said that somewhere else.  smile

@Kerya:  That image makes me feel as though I’m standing in the bottom of a glass of soda, looking up.  Love that image.

@MX:  Now that’s a gal who knows how to express herself.  I do like the dragon in the background, but something, and I can’t put my finger on it, doesn’t look quite right.  Maybe its legs, or the right wing, I can’t say for sure.  Otherwise, really like what you’ve done.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 30 December 2012 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-25

OK, I think I’ve finally completed my first Bryce abstract.  I’ve always liked them when I saw them here and on Deviant Art, but until I installed Bryce 7 the other day, I had never tried to create one.

Well, after 4 starts, stops and start-overs, here’s my first Bryce 7 abstract . . . Ohhhhh, shiny!  cool smirk

Click to see it unsquished, or check it out here —> http://3dpixelzone.com/WIP/bryce/

Image Attachments
Abstract1.png
 Signature 

4 of 100