Digital Art Zone

V4 UV maps for M4??
Posted: 04 June 2012 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  694
Joined  2003-10-09

I’ve got V4 and M4 in Studio3 and I’ve got a figure icon labeled “Michael4 (V4 UV).cr2” but it doesn’t work. mad
It gives me the error “Cannot find a file for Runtime/Geometries/DAZPeople/blMilMan_m4b_v4uv.obj”

I brute force searched my entire “content & runtime” folders and could not find that file file, or even a similarly named file.  This is a brand new carefully reinstalled complete library.  What am I missing?  Help!

My library is now completely consolidated into one “content” folder and its “runtime” subfolder.  I have both the DS and PS links pointing to the DAZ default location in my “documents” area.  I’ve had M4 for a long time but this is the first time I ever wanted to use the V4 UV-maps for it, so I don’t know if it ever worked at all.  And is this part of the standard M4 distribution or was it a 3rd party product?

Image Attachments
M4uvV4.jpg
 Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…
But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 04 June 2012 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13943
Joined  2003-10-09

Was that part of the M4 Enhanced product?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 04 June 2012 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14

I think that was a freebie ConnieKat put together.  However, since you’re using DS, it’s quite simple to swap the UVs anyway.

See the How to Swap UVs for Gen4 Characters link in my tutorials and freebies index below.

Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 05 June 2012 06:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Thank you all.  I’ll see if I can get DAZ Studio3 (and 4) to substitute UVs the native way.

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…

Posted: 05 June 2012 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Yep, got it to work.  Thank you.

Signature 

Posted: 05 June 2012 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2006-04-15

Oh, outstanding! I had no idea that was possible! Now I don’t have to convert the skins with Texture Converter and screw up the bump and spec maps! This is outrageously good timing—I was just working on something where I’ve got a V4 texture I wanted to use on M4, and because of the sincerely outrageous bump mapping I was dreading having to convert the thing. Now I don’t have to! YAY!

Signature 

“Why’s all the rum gone?”  *looks at the last render*  “Oh. That’s why the rum’s gone…”
DAZ Studio 3.1.2.32 | Windows 7 Pro SP1 x32 | ATI Radeon HD 4200
Say YES to David 5!