Digital Art Zone

16 of 18
OK, DAZ, seriously, what’s going on?
Posted: 07 January 2013 08:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 226 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07

And this has what to do with the tomb carrara seems to be in?

Posted: 07 January 2013 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 227 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  0
3dView - 05 January 2013 02:06 PM

As much as amazing that ever would be—to use only original created in carrara assets only it really would be very unrealistic to think that could be acheived . And I think it would be in good form to list the assets used and who made them in the credits.So as 3d outlaw indciate if someone really wanted to dig into it they could research and find out such and such character really was made by daz in modo or whatever. However those made in carrara should defintely be highlighted in the credits as well.

Wha?!?

Why couldn’t it be achieved? Doesn’t anyone know how to model around here?

Posted: 07 January 2013 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 228 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7094
Joined  2009-07-13

RichardChaos can!!

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
my gallery

Posted: 07 January 2013 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 229 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  160
Joined  2008-12-02

Dbuchter——It would certainly be the ultimate achievement to have an entirely carrara modeled project…....and if folks thought that was the way to go all the more applause for that goal. that said——obviously if a mix of assets was used it would speed production drastically and even in the other extreme if only daz assets was used it would move even faster.

Its really about what the community ultimately wants to try. Are there good modelers here ? Of course I was not saying there was not . I was just making a comment about how difficult (time wise) an all carrara content project would be. 

And yes Manstan this thread got hyjacked——-but probably for the best—- At least the latter conversation(s) was a little more upbeat.

Signature 

Rich

Favorite items   Cararra   - Modo -    Animation Master-    Houdini

Posted: 08 January 2013 08:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 230 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  262
Joined  2009-03-09

They hate Carrara.  See you on CarraraCafe, if you want to talk to me.  Buh-bye.

Signature 

Come visit my store!

http://www.daz3d.com/fenric
http://fenric.com/wordpress/store/

Posted: 08 January 2013 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 231 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  0

ohh Alright… We might as well say that DAZ is sabotaging not only Carrara, but the community too. Basically ALL of the Carrara developers have jumped ship now. Evidently it is DAZ’s goal to alienate all Carrara users and developers (where they can’t simply be fired).

In the past we were allowed to have commercial posts that partaned to Carrara since most of us don’t use the rest of the forums. That has apparently been revoked, so there is no way for Carrara developers to communicate with the Carrara community.

This is beyond stupid, this is sabotage.

Signature 

320+ TUTORIALS for Carrara at CARRARA CAFE
C3DE - CARRARA 3D EXPO MAGAZINE - the showcase for Carrara Artists

Posted: 08 January 2013 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 232 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1350
Joined  2011-01-03
holly wetcircuit - 08 January 2013 09:24 PM

ohh Alright… We might as well say that DAZ is sabotaging not only Carrara, but the community too. Basically ALL of the Carrara developers have jumped ship now. Evidently it is DAZ’s goal to alienate all Carrara users and developers (where they can’t simply be fired).

In the past we were allowed to have commercial posts that partaned to Carrara since most of us don’t use the rest of the forums. That has apparently been revoked, so there is no way for Carrara developers to communicate with the Carrara community.

Did I miss an announcement? All the Carrara code jockeys left DAZ? I’ve had my share of criticism about what DAZ is doing with Carrara but I haven’t thought it “sabotage.” Yet…

Signature 

- Garstor
Australian-Canadian currently trapped in Texas (maintaining sanity with doses of Carrara, LightWave and PhotoShop)

My 3D art Flickr page for final or near-final images
My 3D art Flickr page for work-in-progress or experiments

Posted: 08 January 2013 09:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 233 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1927
Joined  2008-01-28
holly wetcircuit - 08 January 2013 09:24 PM

Hear, hear!

Fenric especially has made Carrara a much easier tool to use.
Thank you Fenric.

please keep working on more plug ins

have you thought about an emai list of carrarites so you can announce new products/?

Signature 

http://andrewfinnie.blogspot.com.au/

Posted: 08 January 2013 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 234 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2006-05-09

the silence (from Daz) is deafening.
Does anyone personally know any of the Carrara programmers that have moved on?
Maybe we can chase them down and get information from them…

As for me - Not a dime more…until the indifference and complete disregard of the Carrara community is addressed.

Posted: 08 January 2013 10:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 235 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1927
Joined  2008-01-28

could be that the increasing indifference to carrara has encouraged carrara developers to concentrate more on Daz studio
eg age of armour and dimension theory

unfortunately
the less plug ins/carrara specific items there are
the less carrara grows,
which means
less users
and a smaller market
the smaller the market
then
the less people will want to develop plug ins etc for it

a self fulfilling prophecy that apparently Daz is happy with

Signature 

http://andrewfinnie.blogspot.com.au/

Posted: 08 January 2013 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 236 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-05-09

i checked out Blaine Furner’s video at carrara cafe.
Amazing how certain things just stick in my mind. Like the two folks that were in front of the computer bathing in the light of Daz studio - checking out issues with Daz studio. hhhmmmmmmmmmm…......

Note to self - when doing a video of the staff to present to the whole “community” be sure to mention who has been assigned to the different products. Might be good PR.

PC membership is in jeopardy…

Posted: 08 January 2013 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 237 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0
Realtime - 08 January 2013 10:44 PM

The video was hosted on Holly’s CARRARA CAFE website *repeat* Holly’s CARRARA CAFE website

That wasn’t me… my site is my own, no affiliation with DAZ whatsoever…

I only wrote one article for Cafe… it is mostly a project by GKDantes and Jetbird (who does C3DEXPO mag). DAZ sponsored it somehow, possibly offering the web server….

...and Bfurner is still listed as a moderator there blank stare

Signature 

Posted: 08 January 2013 11:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 238 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0

And don’t forget DCG Eric… He pulled all his plugins years ago for the same reasons Fenric is saying now…. Impossible to provide updates to store products, etc.

Signature 

Posted: 08 January 2013 11:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 239 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-05-09
holly wetcircuit - 08 January 2013 11:22 PM
Realtime - 08 January 2013 10:44 PM

The video was hosted on Holly’s CARRARA CAFE website *repeat* Holly’s CARRARA CAFE website

That wasn’t me… You know I don’t promote DAZ STUDIO…

I only wrote one article… it is mostly a project by GKDantes and Jetbird (who does C3DEXPO mag). DAZ sponsored it somehow, possibly offering the web server….

...and Bfurner is still listed as a moderator there blank stare

My mistake - sorry

Posted: 09 January 2013 06:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 240 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1059
Joined  2007-10-15
Fenric - 08 January 2013 08:48 PM

They hate Carrara.  See you on CarraraCafe, if you want to talk to me.  Buh-bye.

Okay, well that’s certainly not the light-hearted, happy talk that people in this forum want to hear…..

And BTW, does anyone have a clue what he’s talking about? He sounds a little, well, miffed or something. Almost, well (and I hate to say it…) like a ‘Gloomy Gus’.

mad

16 of 18