Digital Art Zone

11 of 18
OK, DAZ, seriously, what’s going on?
Posted: 01 January 2013 08:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 151 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1059
Joined  2007-10-15

Oh, and Kodiak, I edited my post to soften my language a bit so as to, hopefully, not get you so angry. Because I want you to start off the New Year all happy ‘n stuff. Because I thought we were buddies…..

Posted: 01 January 2013 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 152 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  214
Joined  2007-03-03
JoeMamma2000 - 01 January 2013 08:17 PM
Kodiak3D - 01 January 2013 07:56 PM
JoeMamma2000 - 01 January 2013 07:40 PM

I think it’s fairly obvious that all the hype proclaiming that this video was done in Carrara by one guy on his MacBook Pro in his “spare time” is utter hogwash.

Sorry, Joe.  You just lost any and all credibility.  Now you’re accusing others of being dishonest about their work without any evidence to back up your claim.  For you to go that far is the epitome of insult and it really makes you look like an ass.

If you don’t mind, just stop posting in my thread.

Wow.  big surprise

Starting out the New Year kinda cranky, aren’t we???  big surprise

No, not cranky at all.  I’m just calling a spade a spade.  When you accuse someone of lying just because you can’t believe they did good work you’re just being a jerk.

Signature 

-Kodiak3d

“I wonder what tomorrow has in mind for me, or am I even in its mind at all?”
- “Crystal Ball” by Styx

Posted: 01 January 2013 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 153 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-15
Kodiak3D - 01 January 2013 08:25 PM

No, not cranky at all.  I’m just calling a spade a spade.  When you accuse someone of lying just because you can’t believe they did good work you’re just being a jerk.

Oh, come on Kodiak. If you had even the slightest knowledge or experience in making films you’d know I have a perfectly valid point. I gave lots of examples, but in your rage you either didn’t see them or want to see them, or you just didn’t understand them. As you’ve made it very clear before, you don’t like me, so you’ll go out of your way to disagree with me. THAT is calling a spade a spade.

Posted: 01 January 2013 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 154 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-03-03

Joe, you need to calm down.  You’re the only one getting bent out of shape here.  I had nothing against you until you accused someone of lying.

My knowledge of filmmaking has nothing to do with this.  You accused someone of lying about their work.  Examples of other work is not evidence of anything.  You presented nothing to suggest that what this guy did was not done in Carrara as stated.  You just have a hard time believing it, and to you that’s enough…but it’s not evidence.  You have no ground to stand on. If they say it was done in Carrara, I believe them.  If you can find something in the video that Carrara is incapable of, then you can accuse them of lying.  Until then, you’re just blowing hot air.

Now, please, either get off the thread, or start posting something useful.  I don’t want Richard to close the thread. 

(Note to Richard:  I apologize if my remarks are approaching removability.  I’m trying to be diplomatic.  If certain posts need to be removed, go ahead, but please leave the thread open.)

Signature 

-Kodiak3d

- “Crystal Ball” by Styx

Posted: 01 January 2013 08:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 155 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-15
Kodiak3D - 01 January 2013 08:39 PM

You accused someone of lying about their work.

I did not accuse ANYONE of lying about their work. I said that the comments, NOT made by the video producer but by others, which claimed that the video was made “by one guy and Carrara and his MAC” were, at best, misleading, because CLEARLY it took FAR more than just those components to make the video. I NEVER said Carrara wasn’t a part of it, I said it was a SMALL part.

Again, READ what I say, without the rage and the anger, and without referring to me as a “jerk” and an “ass”, and try to understand it, rather than try to twist it so you can discredit me. Y’know, like an adult.

And why you choose to get upset and offended on behalf of some people you don’t even know is beyond me.

Posted: 01 January 2013 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 156 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  318
Joined  2006-02-03

I think it’s fairly obvious that all the hype proclaiming that this video was done in Carrara by one guy on his MacBook Pro in his “spare time” is utter hogwash.

Sorry, Joe.  You just lost any and all credibility.  Now you’re accusing others of being dishonest about their work without any evidence to back up your claim.  For you to go that far is the epitome of insult and it really makes you look like an ass.

If you haven’t figured it out, JoeMamma lives to troll the forums to get a reaction.  He lives to provoke others.  Why else would he take such a name such a “JoeMamma”?

He is the reason I seldom come to these forum and he killed my enthusiasm for Carrara with his constant trolling and negative attitude.

Posted: 01 January 2013 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 157 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-03-03
JoeMamma2000 - 01 January 2013 08:47 PM

And why you choose to get upset and offended on behalf of some people you don’t even know is beyond me.

Because I respect other people and their work. 

Nothing personal Joe, but:

ManStan - 01 January 2013 05:38 AM

OT: Ya know of all the forums I am active on, I only have 1 persona on an ignore list.

As of now, so do I.

Signature 

-Kodiak3d

- “Crystal Ball” by Styx

Posted: 01 January 2013 09:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 158 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-15
Kodiak3D - 01 January 2013 09:00 PM
ManStan - 01 January 2013 05:38 AM

OT: Ya know of all the forums I am active on, I only have 1 persona on an ignore list.

As of now, so do I.

Good, thank you.

As I’ve always said, if there’s someone who “gets under your skin” no matter what they say, and it always leads you to get angry, then it’s best for both parties that you ignore them.

Posted: 01 January 2013 09:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 159 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7220
Joined  2009-07-13

and you still have me to troll you JM2K (hugs)
Tis fun

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 01 January 2013 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 160 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07

Just when did JoeMamma2000 ever have any credibility?

Editing to add: I’m out. I have better things to do then be ignored by DAZ. I’m not shopping at DAZ DAZ has little I need. I have a good working version of Carrara, and don’t need C8.5 if I’m not buying in to genesis. The bit of polish DAZ put on carrara is nice, but I can wait till C9, if I ever buy another build of carrara. At this rate I’ll be too old to use a comp by the time C9 is released.

But for now, I have been invited to another game alpha and NDA. wink

Posted: 01 January 2013 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 161 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-15

So I post a long discussion, with lots of facts, quotes, examples, and reasoning…

Then someone either intentionally or unintentionally misreads and misunderstands what I clearly said…

And as a result gets furious because I dared to discredit someone they don’t even know…

And then, based on a misunderstanding, attacks me, calls me names, and tries his best to discredit me….

And in the end, all agree that I’m the bad guy and the troll.

Yep, that’s the Carrara forum.  smile

Posted: 02 January 2013 01:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 162 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1940
Joined  2008-01-28

Sad that Joe has left so much bad taste in people’s mouths that they don’t post in the forum any more.

Signature 

http://andrewfinnie.blogspot.com.au/

Posted: 02 January 2013 07:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 163 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4613
Joined  2004-07-01
head wax - 02 January 2013 01:02 AM

Sad that Joe has left so much bad taste in people’s mouths that they don’t post in the forum any more.

to true - lets move past him setting with his beer with nothing to do

http://youtu.be/GxSqMbsHeJ8

Posted: 02 January 2013 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 164 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  0
evilproducer - 30 December 2012 01:47 PM
Rashad Carter - 30 December 2012 11:48 AM

It’s nice to wish for all the bells and whistles in another program. The grass is also always greener on the other side of the fence. If Howie can make photo-real or near photo real atmospheres, terrains, etc. in Carrara then maybe it’s time for those that wish Carrara had this or that feature or enhancement to actually learn how to use the tools it has.

Amen.

The quality of work that Howie (and some others) produce comes from hard work. There is a lot of completely horrible renders that come from Maya and equivalents.

Howie (and others) prove that Carrara can do a lot, which it can when you spend the time and effort.

Posted: 02 January 2013 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 165 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  673
Joined  2006-05-26
dbuchter - 02 January 2013 09:24 AM
evilproducer - 30 December 2012 01:47 PM
Rashad Carter - 30 December 2012 11:48 AM

It’s nice to wish for all the bells and whistles in another program. The grass is also always greener on the other side of the fence. If Howie can make photo-real or near photo real atmospheres, terrains, etc. in Carrara then maybe it’s time for those that wish Carrara had this or that feature or enhancement to actually learn how to use the tools it has.

Amen.

The quality of work that Howie (and some others) produce comes from hard work. There is a lot of completely horrible renders that come from Maya and equivalents.

Howie (and others) prove that Carrara can do a lot, which it can when you spend the time and effort.

Somehow the quote above got attributed to me, but I did not write it.

What I will say is that the fact that there are so few Carrara users who push it as far as Howie and a few others indicates a potential problem.

Yes, Carrara can do amazing things, but can it do so easily? Sure, Howie knows how to model, light, and construct a naturalistic looking scene. He cannot be alone. So either no one else in the Carraraverse has an interest in building landscapes, or, its not nearly as easy as it should be and therefore only a select few can accomplish it.

Ease of use speaks highly for a software. Just how long would it take me today to become the next Howie Farkes in Carrara? Probably a very long time. Clearly, Howie is the key. But aside from hiring Howie to make all of my scenes for me, how can I do my part to help showcase the power of Carrara?

And when it comes to features, let me remind people of something. I for instance, use Bryce primarily. it can do incredible things, at least for myself and a few others. As sweet as it is its interface and lack of features make certain tasks very challenging if not impossible. Features, are not the enemy. Features tend to unlock creative potential held within an individual.

If you want to make a realistic human, but you dont have SSS in your feature set, then you will have to resort to all sort of photoshop magic (which is usually cheating by my book), which defeats the purpose of trying to become masterful with the software.

So ,yes, we as individuals need to take more responsibility and start producing more amazing stuff to showcase Carrara. Believe me, if there were 5 or 6 Howie Farkes type people building products for Carrara it would give new users the idea that reaching that level of expertise is likely for the masses. But the current situation appears that only a few will ever reach that level.

Many of the best Carrara users are also well versed in other, high end applications. This gives them experience, and even a sense of vocabulary which is useful.

So,, for a software to impress we need to see two things.
1. What can it do in the hands of a novice?
2.. What can it do in the hands of a pro?

This is the question.

Signature 

Please view my Daz3d User Gallery
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/465/

11 of 18