Digital Art Zone

Transferring Daz 3 files to new laptop - help request
Posted: 26 December 2012 07:00 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-06-12

Greetings, and Happy Holidays!

I’m not comfortable with Studio 4.5 yet, and until I can adjust it the way I like it, I prefer Studio 3.  My trauma is bad enough, going from a Windows XP laptop to a Windows 8 laptop, and I just want my “stuff” back to where I can continue my learning process with Daz Studio.

I’ve installed the software on the new laptop (Daz Studio 3 64bit won’t install on a 64bit machine, but Daz Studio 3 32bit will…?), established my content directories and found most of my content on my external hard drive, where I keep most of my DAZ/Poser content and runtime files.

However,  all my “View Categories as List” info is missing, as well as custom character and custom pose information.  I really don’t want to spend days re-establishing my content database, but what I really don’t want to lose is all of the custom poses and character info I have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted: 26 December 2012 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13574
Joined  2003-10-09

Content Library pane option menu (click the button in the top corner, or right-click the pane’s tab)>Migrate Old Content Database.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 26 December 2012 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2010-06-12

Thanks for your reply, Richard!  Is the option you’re suggesting a function of Studio 3 or Studio 4, or both?

Posted: 26 December 2012 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Sorry, that’s in Studio 4 - and you do need to have your content database for Ds3 on that machine (and a version of DS3 installed, I think - it’s not a function I’ve ever used as I’ve never managed to get around to doing any categorisation).

Signature 

Posted: 26 December 2012 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2010-06-12

OK…then how do I get the DS3 content database files from my old laptop to my new laptop?  Where would they be located, and is there an “installer” that I use, or is it a matter of cutting and pasting?  Again, thanks for your time!

Posted: 26 December 2012 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

This thread should help http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=98977

Signature 

Posted: 26 December 2012 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2010-06-12

Thanks!  I ran the scripts, and produced a backup file…now where do I put it in Daz Studio 3 where it will find it?