Digital Art Zone

DSON File Format Specification
Posted: 23 May 2012 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  314
Joined  2003-10-09

This is also posted in the SDK forum, here, but given that script developers and plugin developers are not necessarily one in the same, I’m posting this here as well…

The DAZ Scene Object Notation (DSON) File Format Specification is now available for viewing by the general public.

-Rob

Signature 

- Documentation Center
- Install Manager
- DAZ Studio 4.x
- DSON Importer
- DSON File Format Specification

Posted: 13 June 2012 03:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1253
Joined  2005-02-25

Just to clarify if I pre-load genesis with all my clothing in my product, plus dial up the the genesis shapes and apply some default materials. I can save this as a DSON file and include that with my product so people don’t have to do all the fitting themselves and this is all above board. Also if I use this format say for posing I can include the clothing morphing parameters, say I have a flowing skirt and I make it so the clothes don’t collide with genesis, now does it replace the entire scene or will it read the file and just update the parameters?

Signature 

The Mind on the other side!
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/midnight_stories/

Posted: 20 September 2012 03:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-09-20

Is there any study material or book available to know about this from very basic???

Signature 

livres rares

Posted: 20 September 2012 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13654
Joined  2003-10-09

Try looking up JSON, the general system of which DSON is a specific form. Depending on what you want, that may or may not help.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list