Digital Art Zone

2 of 4
Instancing Lab Tutorial Completed: Part 1 of 6
Posted: 25 December 2012 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  128
Joined  2008-03-28
kiwi_gg - 24 December 2012 12:47 PM

Merry Xmas Peter. What a mammoth effort this has been for you and so much appreciated by many. When I had’nt seen anything for some time I thought you had given up the project, so glad I was wrong. This has been bookmarked and will be printed off later, Thankyou.

Cheers
GG

Hello kiwi-gg. There were in fact times when i was tempted to give up on it, but i could not let the Bryce community down. I think although this is not the perfect tutorial i would have liked it to be,  there are actually many useful bits of information in it for most Brycers. I will be editing it a bit over the next few days [manly cosmetic and fixing mistakes] and then concentrate on producing Bryce art. No more tutorials!

Kind regards form OZ

Peter.

Posted: 25 December 2012 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-03-28
Rashad Carter - 24 December 2012 11:01 PM

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Rahad, long time no contact.

Now i am free to concentrate on my Bryce art. No more tutorials! I have learned my lesson.

See you at Bryce5 Art Community Site.

Kind regards

Peter

Posted: 25 December 2012 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  801
Joined  2006-05-26

Peter,

Tutorials can be punishing, and the depth you’ve gone to with this one is truly noteworthy. This hard work you have put into this tutorial will bring a lot of users much needed wisdom for years to come. I want to give you a few days to decompress before asking questions about a few ideas you have discovered.

I am really blown away by the work you’ve done here. I had no clue the brush could make such cool designs. Much respect in my book! Sincerest thank you!

Signature 

Please view my Daz3d User Gallery
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/465/

Posted: 25 December 2012 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  233
Joined  2012-10-14

Nice tutorial but too much to read.
Also: always a huge blob of text and at the end some pics. Very confusing for me.

Posted: 25 December 2012 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-10-14
Rashad Carter - 25 December 2012 04:41 PM

Peter,

Tutorials can be punishing, and the depth you’ve gone to with this one is truly noteworthy. This hard work you have put into this tutorial will bring a lot of users much needed wisdom for years to come. I want to give you a few days to decompress before asking questions about a few ideas you have discovered.

I am really blown away by the work you’ve done here. I had no clue the brush could make such cool designs. Much respect in my book! Sincerest thank you!

A video tut might have been better.

Posted: 25 December 2012 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-10-14
Kine_magiK - 24 December 2012 10:21 AM

Instancing Lab Tutorial Completed: Part 3 of 6

For Picture 54, Table 01:
What are Mata balls?
are they something like Meta Balls?

Posted: 25 December 2012 09:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  801
Joined  2006-05-26
eireann.sg - 25 December 2012 06:36 PM

What are Mata balls?

They are the same thing, its just a typo, I think.

I agree, it would be nice if the pictures could be interlaced with the text. Unfortunately the new forum software doesnt allow that, all images are attached at the end. Even worse, getting the images to post in the sequence you desire is a bit of a challenge. All things considered it really is impressive what Peter has produced.

Signature 

Please view my Daz3d User Gallery
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/465/

Posted: 26 December 2012 02:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3824
Joined  2004-10-01

Hey Peter - long time since we last heard of you. I hope all is well. Very nice! I’ve waited for this tute to conclude. Amazing work!

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 26 December 2012 02:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-03-28
Rashad Carter - 25 December 2012 04:41 PM

Peter,

Thanks Rashad, you are very kind. I will spend a few days editing my posts changing Picture references to bold and fixing typo’s.

Posted: 26 December 2012 02:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-03-28

What are Mata balls?

Yes a typo. MetaBalls or MB for short. Eventually i will get around to fixing all the typos and there are many of them to be fixed.

Many thanks for pointing it out [it is consistently wrong in this Table].

Kind regards.

Posted: 26 December 2012 03:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-03-28
Horo - 26 December 2012 02:25 AM

Hey Peter - long time since we last heard of you. I hope all is well. Very nice! I’ve waited for this tute to conclude. Amazing work!

Thanks. You are very kind Horo. At the beginning i never intended it to be a tutorial but then it sort of grew and became a monster and i realized i had an obligation to “finish” it for the Bryce Community. I much prefer David’s and your video tutorials.

As you would know better than anyone, when a person takes on something like i did, it is never really finished. It will be interesting to see how DAZ develop the brush shapes in the next version of Bryce. There is room for more possibilities.

Kind regards

Peter

Posted: 26 December 2012 05:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-10-14
Kine_magiK - 26 December 2012 02:46 AM

What are Mata balls?

Yes a typo. MetaBalls or MB for short. Eventually i will get around to fixing all the typos and there are many of them to be fixed.

Many thanks for pointing it out [it is consistently wrong in this Table].

Kind regards.

In the past I had my own webpage. Actually it isnt difficult to make an own webpage and post such things there. I even made it interactive with Flash,
With an own page you could just put it all together as you want it and post a link.

Posted: 26 December 2012 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3824
Joined  2004-10-01
Kine_magiK - 26 December 2012 03:08 AM

Thanks. You are very kind Horo. At the beginning i never intended it to be a tutorial but then it sort of grew and became a monster and i realized i had an obligation to “finish” it for the Bryce Community. I much prefer David’s and your video tutorials.

As you would know better than anyone, when a person takes on something like i did, it is never really finished. It will be interesting to see how DAZ develop the brush shapes in the next version of Bryce. There is room for more possibilities.

Kind regards

Peter

Been working on this. Expect a PM soon.

There are people who prefer written tutorials, others prefer videos. Personally, I like videos if a written summary of the essentials is also included. It helps going to the part one has some doubts when experimenting.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 26 December 2012 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17049
Joined  2003-10-09

Tutorials are nice in PDF format,  is how a few people are doing theirs now, with the site restrictions.  My only long tut I only have in html format at the mo, straight onto my site.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 26 December 2012 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1781
Joined  2011-09-25

This tutorial would have taken me too long to read online, so with the aid of copy and paste, and MS Word, I’ve a copy I can read at my leisure.  Or print if I so desire.  From little I have read, there’s a lot of information.  Great job Peter.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

2 of 4