Digital Art Zone

11 of 13
Daz Art by kylumi
Posted: 23 June 2012 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 151 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15641
Joined  2003-10-09

We all need to bully Szark into starting his own render thread here, because he does do some seriously good work.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 23 June 2012 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 152 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7838
Joined  2009-05-14

kylumi Yeah no problem. I am quite enjoying the challenge…it has been a while since I got a buzz from making an image. I think she is turning out quite nice. I am throwing everything at it, UberSurface 2,SSS maps, IDL via UberEnviroment, Uber Spot etc.

Jaderail. So far the Autofit works better than before. GenX doesn’t work, waiting for an update hopefully. I click on a free Area light set which crashed DS4.5 RC2 without warning. But apart from that all is well. The new DUF format saves quicker than before. I see some a seeing a slow down with this new format. But it is the opposite for me.The UI seems more responsive, no slow downs. But I have only been using for about 6 hours solid.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 23 June 2012 01:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 153 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7622
Joined  2006-03-19
kylumi - 23 June 2012 12:49 PM
Frank0314 - 23 June 2012 11:37 AM

We could all learn a lot from you. Keep up the great work.

Frank if you asked me how to adjust skin surfaces, or the best lighting set-up to use and what scaling to use for a specific character…....I would honestly not be able to tell you, I am just a dial twiddler.  LOL

Well then your a good “twiddler”. Your images come out perfect.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 23 June 2012 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 154 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14
chohole - 23 June 2012 12:57 PM

We all need to bully Szark into starting his own render thread here, because he does do some seriously good work.

Thx Cho I will think about it…..............ok I thought about it. I will start one but I will have to start it off with a pick of the crop from my DA gallery.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 23 June 2012 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 155 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Thanks for the info Szark. Could you save a Genesis with all your Custum morphs with Gen X before you installed DS4.5 and then use that genesis figure in DS4.5? Or do you need the Gen X plugin for the tranfers to work in DS4.5?

Looking forward to a Szark thread, that will be in my must lurk list.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 23 June 2012 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 156 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Szark - 23 June 2012 01:18 PM
chohole - 23 June 2012 12:57 PM

Thx Cho I will think about it…..............ok I thought about it. I will start one but I will have to start it off with a pick of the crop from my DA gallery.

Best way to start.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge

Posted: 23 June 2012 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 157 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14
Jaderail - 23 June 2012 01:41 PM

Thanks for the info Szark. Could you save a Genesis with all your Custum morphs with Gen X before you installed DS4.5 and then use that genesis figure in DS4.5? Or do you need the Gen X plugin for the tranfers to work in DS4.5?

Looking forward to a Szark thread, that will be in my must lurk list.

Funny enough Genesis retained the GenX morphs I had left after I uninstalled the GenX plug-in which was nice. I test a couple of them and they seemed to work ok.

Indeed Cho

Now back to some cool kylumi art. cool grin

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 24 June 2012 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 158 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  225
Joined  2009-01-12

These are Reality Renders from last year. 

This year I have been spending much more time using 3D Delight as I was useless at lighting Daz scene renders, I have picked up a lot of useful info from various threads in the forum regarding lighting ect, but as usual I just wander off and do my own thing, again! LOL

Image Attachments
Daniella_Montroband_Adventuress_kylumi_small.jpg
The_Hobo_kylumi_kylumi.jpg
Phesaleda_by_kylumi_small.jpg
Ronin_by_kylumi_small.jpg
The_Irezumi_kylumi_small.jpg

Posted: 24 June 2012 10:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 159 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-19

Great images as usual. I’ve yet to nail down Reality.

Signature 

Posted: 24 June 2012 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 160 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Kylumi I am well impressed by most everything you have poste so far.  This sort of image is one I have not nailed down yet. I do tend to do more landscape type images, although I have managed a couple of passable protrait type ones in bryce.

Signature 

Posted: 24 June 2012 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 161 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-12
Frank0314 - 24 June 2012 10:15 AM

Great images as usual. I’ve yet to nail down Reality.

Thank you very much my friend,

Funny thing Frank, I absolutely loved Reality but the more I learned the more complex it became for me to set up scenes.  When I knew nothing about it I was able to do a couple of renders a day.  This is not a fault of Reality its the way I go about things….....lol.
I purchased Paolo’s video tuts but up until now I have only watched the intro!! LOL

All I want to do is bang out an image as fast and as simply as I can, as long as I have something half decent then I have had my Daz fix for the day….........LOL

Posted: 24 June 2012 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 162 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-12
chohole - 24 June 2012 10:53 AM

Kylumi I am well impressed by most everything you have poste so far.  This sort of image is one I have not nailed down yet. I do tend to do more landscape type images, although I have managed a couple of passable protrait type ones in bryce.

Aw! thank you Pam.

I have Bryce I opened it a couple of times but it looks a bit complex to me…...so, no joy there!
I do use Vue, which I think is great but, I suppose for now I am a Daz addict.

Like you I enjoy making some kind of landscape but, at the moment most of my Vue content is not really up to it , but today I was actually thinking about using it again. smile

Portraits are my all time fave genre though! wink

Posted: 24 June 2012 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 163 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

One day I will see reality and be in it for a change. LOL I am on a mission to get a better desktop and Reality.I so love seeing what can be done. I have played with LuxBlend a little but as of yet never started a render project.

Another great batch there kylumi. I remember a couple of them and I am still impressed. wink

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 24 June 2012 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 164 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-19

There are soooo many adjustments that can be made in Reality it numbs my brain just thinking about it. It is an excellent plug in and well worth the money.

Signature 

Posted: 25 June 2012 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 165 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

here you go kylumi http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/2765/#36004 One of my fastest image to date, 2 days from start to finish. I wanted to see how good I can be in a short period of time. I usually spend from two weeks to a month per image. Longer in some cases.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

11 of 13