Posted: 24 December 2012 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12592
Joined  2007-11-06
RAMWolff - 22 December 2012 01:04 PM
Kyoto Kid - 22 December 2012 01:51 AM

...so much for doing a giggly Leela. 

From what I have seen in the past, Thorne pays a great deal of attention to small details and something like this would never have passed by into the final product release. True, Daz had the characters “on ice” for several months after buying them and it is unknown what took place in that time.  Whether any additional “editing” was done is unknown but wouldn’t be beyond possibility since Daz, effectively owned the meshes.  Why they would mess up the teeth though doesn’t make sense.

It simply would make no sense to me why anyone at DAZ would mess with a morph.  It’s my understanding that they sometimes will correct paths and what not but not over haul a morph or texture set.  If that’s needed they send it back to the originating merchant to fix or update.

...fair enough, however I still find it difficult that something this glaring would have been missed by a PA who is so detail oriented.

...that aside, would the teeth morph for 3DU’s Amy work as a temporary fix (she’s the only Toon character I have with such a morph)

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 24 December 2012 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  771
Joined  2008-10-19

KK if Amy has a tooth smothing dial it should work fine on Justin or Julie ,that’s the plus of Genesis.

Posted: 24 December 2012 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...thanks, I’‘ll give that a try when I get home.

Signature 

Posted: 24 December 2012 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4730
Joined  2004-08-11

The freebie that was put up on ShareCG works very well.  There are 3 strengths too.  So nicely thought out.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 24 December 2012 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...so I have the teeth fix extracted. Where do I put it?

Signature 

Posted: 25 December 2012 12:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

It’s a data folder… just drop the Data folder from the zip into My Library and it will go where it’s supposed to go (If your using Windows this is what’s done.  If your using MAC I think there is another way to do this but not sure of HOW to do that without it overwriting the entire Data folder).  Once installed simply start a new instance of Genesis and it will be there under Actor, front and center called “DVL-LVD”.

Image Attachments
MyLibrary-Data.jpg
 Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 25 December 2012 01:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...again, thank you.

Signature 

Posted: 25 December 2012 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

My pleasure!  Hope it solved your question. grin

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 25 December 2012 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...it did.

Now my Leela can have her goofy smile back.

Signature 

Posted: 25 December 2012 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1504
Joined  2006-07-04

Hmm.

I probably wouldn’t have noticed, but when we met with my Sister-in-law and her family for the holiday today, I noticed that my 16-year old nephew’s teeth aren’t as tightly together as adult teeth.  They aren’t as gapped as a toddlers, but there were definite gaps.  Gaps which I wouldn’t have noticed at all except for this thread.

So a full fix may not be as accurate as we thought.

Or my nephew just has gaps in his teeth. smile

Signature 

DAZ Gallery * * *DA Gallery

Posted: 25 December 2012 09:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4524
Joined  2007-09-13
DaWaterRat - 25 December 2012 08:13 PM

Or my nephew just has gaps in his teeth. smile

]

My daughter (16) has practically no gaps…

And according to a couple of dental sites and my family dentist, by about age 14 the teeth should be pretty much in the adult position/configuration.

But since Ebahr’s fix and Zev’s upcoming dental package, are slider based, we can adjust things how we want them to be.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 25 December 2012 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...after all this I notice when using the Teen IBL lights, the teeth don’t show at all.  Strange…

———

OK even stranger (and highly annoying).  Made two minor adjustments, one to the specular and the other to the ambient colour of the teeth to see if that would help them to show up better. The result was the the render process would crash at about 98% complete.

What is really idiotic about this is that this afternoon when I did the first render using the Teen IBL lights, the process completed even though I was online at the same time.

When I attempted the render tests with the changes, I was not only offline but also closed all unnecessary processes. I cannot believe that a simple colour change would have caused this.  I had not changed the lighting, nor any of the surface settings save for the lighting model for the teeth to “plastic”.  The reflectivity index was 0% so that wasn’t the reason.

Signature 

Posted: 03 January 2013 03:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2003-10-09

okay I just got back from my vacation in sunny Queensland smile  I was made aware of this and since I haven’t had a chance to look at it yet, I can’t tell you if it was that way in the original morph (which is actually not accurate since there were at least 3 “originals” and a lot of work done by both DAZ and myself after original submission, during any of which times this could have slipped in).

I will make a permanent fix which will be easy enough and post it here as well as give it as an update to DAZ.  There will also be a permanent fix to the base morph as an update to the package so in future there will be no problems.  Hopefully I can get this done in the next day or so.

Thanks for your patience and I apologize on behalf of DAZ and myself for the inconvenience this has no doubt caused.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

C.

Signature 

homepage: iChloë

Posted: 03 January 2013 03:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  146
Joined  2007-08-25

Welcome back, and hopefully your vacation went well. smile Look forward to the fix, and thank you for taking care of it this quickly after your return.

Signature 

————-
2012: The world ended. We missed it. Maybe next time.
DVL_LVD @ ShareCG

Posted: 03 January 2013 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2007-07-01

I hope you had a lovely holiday,. Thank you for looking into the issue in a timely manner. It is most appreciated.

I am however, still appalled at the lack of QA by DAZ on this. Apparently, apart from Thorne, no-one at DAZ seems concerned enough with this issue to even warrant an official response on this thread. Sigh.

Signature 

6 of 9