2 of 9
New Teens Teeth Issue
Posted: 21 December 2012 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1422
Joined  2006-07-04
Puntomaus - 21 December 2012 05:23 PM

If you have Hitomi you can fix this: under Shaping - Mouth - Stylized there’s the Hitomi Teeth Smoother wink

Hiro 5 has the same morph, so if you have him you can try this too.

Signature 

DAZ Gallery * * *DA Gallery

Posted: 21 December 2012 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2802
Joined  2009-02-24
Zev0 - 21 December 2012 05:26 PM

Can you post a screenshot? There is a difference between smoothing teeth and closing gaps. I’m interested to see the results:)

I have such a screenshot myself…

...and another render using the teens.

Image Attachments
Tooth_Example.pngTeen_Bus.png
 Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

Posted: 21 December 2012 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-24

Incidentally, that’s basic Julie with the Teeth Smoother modifier set to 0.4. The following is Justin, who requires a bit of a stronger setting. This is at 0.65 on the Teeth Smoother.

Image Attachments
Tooth_Example.png
 Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt

Posted: 21 December 2012 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3364
Joined  2009-08-05

Wow that does look Great..Nice find:) I don’t have Hiro5….

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 21 December 2012 05:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1884
Joined  2005-04-15

Yeah, the one thing to remember about the smoother is that it’s designed to give more of an anime look to the mouth, , so it moves everything towards a single uniform size to create the classic anime “dental horse shoe"shape.  It helps a lot in a case like Julie and Justin, but comes at the cost of a lot of the character you get with bigger front teeth, sharper incisors, etc..  Dental Plan is obviously a better solution overall, and everything else is just a stop gap.

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 21 December 2012 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2248
Joined  2012-02-04
HeraldOfFire - 21 December 2012 05:31 PM
Zev0 - 21 December 2012 05:26 PM

Can you post a screenshot? There is a difference between smoothing teeth and closing gaps. I’m interested to see the results:)

I have such a screenshot myself…

...and another render using the teens.

That looks great, too. The options are multiplying:
Dental Plan (not available quite yet)
Hitomi teeth smoothing (I don’t have Hitomi, though)
Hiro 5 teeth smoothing (I don’t have Hiro 5 either)
SickleYield’s fantasy teeth (according to SY, via PM, it was not designed for teen teeth but sort of helps. Tests show that it makes the ends kind of rounded)

I wish they would have put a teeth smoothing morph in the teens, like in Hiro 5 and Hitomi.
Edit: fixed typo

Posted: 21 December 2012 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-24
Cybersox13 - 21 December 2012 05:42 PM

Yeah, the one thing to remember about the smoother is that it’s designed to give more of an anime look to the mouth, , so it moves everything towards a single uniform size to create the classic anime “dental horse shoe"shape.  It helps a lot in a case like Julie and Justin, but comes at the cost of a lot of the character you get with bigger front teeth, sharper incisors, etc..  Dental Plan is obviously a better solution overall, and everything else is just a stop gap.

To be frank, it’s a little disappointing we need to resort to any kind of workaround just to make the teeth look normal, much less purchase an entire new set of morphs for the task. Still, Hitomi’s teeth smoother will suit my humble needs for the moment.

I do secretly hope they’ll release an updated version which fixes this issue though.

Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt

Posted: 21 December 2012 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4533
Joined  2004-08-11

The merchants that created this product should be making a fix and update, folks shouldn’t have to look for other solutions.  From my own experiences in ZBrush using the smoothing brush without masking the inner mouth can cause this to happen as well as exporting the Genesis figure at High Rez… Genesis should always be exported at the lowest rez to any modeling app to avoid these sorts of issues with just about everything with detail.  I found it also causes loss in ear detail and the nostrils to shrink and smooth out too much.  Again, you should NOT have to be looking around for fixes.  The merchants need to fix their product.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 21 December 2012 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04
RAMWolff - 21 December 2012 05:54 PM

The merchants that created this product should be making a fix and update, folks shouldn’t have to look for other solutions.  From my own experiences in ZBrush using the smoothing brush without masking the inner mouth can cause this to happen as well as exporting the Genesis figure at High Rez… Genesis should always be exported at the lowest rez to any modeling app to avoid these sorts of issues with just about everything with detail.  I found it also causes loss in ear detail and the nostrils to shrink and smooth out too much.  Again, you should NOT have to be looking around for fixes.  The merchants need to fix their product.

How do we encourage the vendor(s) to fix this? Is a Mantis bug report the way to go? Is there a better way?

Posted: 21 December 2012 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Not sure what to suggest.  Perhaps a ticket. Or track down Thorne here on the forums and send he/she a PM about it and direct the person to this thread making sure you include the thread count number where the complaints started. 

Here is a link to the thread where she/he posted their first WIP:  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/518/#3786

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 21 December 2012 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  538
Joined  2011-04-12
RAMWolff - 21 December 2012 06:08 PM

Not sure what to suggest.  Perhaps a ticket. Or track down Sarsa here on the forums and send he/she a PM about it and direct the person to this thread making sure you include the thread count number where the complaints started.

Thorne, not Sarsa.

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 21 December 2012 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3364
Joined  2009-08-05

So the teeth wasn’t made like that on purpose? Hmmm….

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 21 December 2012 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Right… found the thread and found that I was wrong about the merchant.  Sorry about that.  Corrected above with a link to the thread where the WIP’s were posted.  PM away!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 21 December 2012 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11
Zev0 - 21 December 2012 06:14 PM

So the teeth wasn’t made like that on purpose? Hmmm….

I certainly hope not Z!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 21 December 2012 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04

I just went back to look at product promo images. Neither Justin or Julie have any images with teeth showing in the promo images. However the Faces for Teens promo images show lots of teeth, and they look fine. I don’t have that product. I wonder if it has a teeth morph fix built into the poses, or is something just went badly wrong with the Justin and Julie models after the promo images were created. Or, I wonder if there is interference from some other package we have installed that affects the teeth in a way the vendor did not anticipate.

Can anyone test the faces of teens to see it those expressions fix the teeth?

2 of 9