Signature 

°  °   °   °   °   ° Ye Olde RealmsGalaxies

Posted: 28 December 2012 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 467 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2285
Joined  2005-09-14
ps1borg - 28 December 2012 05:23 PM

Helicopters are having a noisy party in the sky over our street, swooping and clacking like a flock of giant black and red seagulls chasing waves, Needz earmuffs !

Same thing is happening in my neighborhood.  I think there is a military drill of some sort going on.

I went to the an ATM to check the balance of my pre-paid card but it was out of order.  I had to use another ATM.  I just notice that the ATMs have American Express’ logo on it.  So I guess American Express makes pre-paid cards of some sort in addition to Charge Cards.  I also saw the logo for Quest Network.  I haven’t heard of them.  I only know Plus and Star and Cirrus.  My Visa card has Cirrus on the back.  But Cirrus is part of Master Card’s network.  Go figure.

It was cold today.  The wind was kinda blowing too.  Ok, I gotta go eat dinner now.

Posted: 28 December 2012 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 468 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  190
Joined  2006-10-08
Woolyloach - 28 December 2012 01:24 PM
M F M - 28 December 2012 12:40 PM
Misty Whisky - 28 December 2012 10:56 AM

...4 day weekend. yayy.  starting 4 day weekend with a stop at Dunkin Donuts.  the pretties with the sprinkles.  yumma

mmmmm… chocolate doughnuts _with_ sprinklies :9… *noms quietly* ^_^

@Wooly: solved that second bug yet?

Yeah, nailed it yesterday about an hour before the factory shut down for the day.  What a pain!  Nasty, crappy, amateur code..  feh! The bloody idiot used hardcoded constants and cut-and-pasted the things all over, so when the protocol changed by ONE BYTE the wholoe system collapsed.  Nothing like having to dig through 45000 lines of really badly written Perl code, changing only specific instances of 0x1E to 0x1F.  But it’s working (for now), though I gave my boo a real complain-o-gram in email about what happened, and why it’s going to keep happening until this hopeless dreck is re-written.

Speaking of FEH, my landlady emailed me and told me the electrician and insurance adjuster looked over the place, and the wiring is shot all over!  This means WEEKS of work to get it back, not just a few days!  So my temporary situation is now.. less temporary.  shut eye This, needless to say, blows.

Fortunately the landlady Has A Plan(tm) such that I’ll stay housed with minimal moving.  There’s a far larger room in the main house, the person in that (PhD student doing work at the University of Texas) is moving out in March, so I’ll be shifting to that room,  She’s getting a storage unit and I get part of it to put my stuff in until the room opens up.  I may end up just living in the front house, the landlady and I are discussing it - it’d work for me.  Especially since the rework of the back house is going to be MAJOR!  Replace the wood flooring, opoen the walls and replace the wiring, possibly some structural reinforcement.. it could be a LONG time before it’s inhabitable.

Dishonored Ex-Housemate has been told to find someplace else to live.  Hopefully far, far away as I’m not sure I can resist the desire to choke him forever…! snake

Guess it’s time to get a laptop with a 17in screen, I think Poser will be usable on that.  Feh.

If the wiring was really in that bad of shape, he may have done you a bit of a service by getting it looked into before it took out your expensive gear.

Posted: 28 December 2012 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 469 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7930
Joined  2009-06-11
Misty Whisky - 28 December 2012 06:33 PM

moan. no feel good. no FFVIII tnite. 

snow is comin.

*hugs*  Pretty much the opposite here, warming up and no snowmen at all, except Dr Who and the Snowmen was on TV smile

Posted: 28 December 2012 08:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 470 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-11
starionwolf - 28 December 2012 06:51 PM
ps1borg - 28 December 2012 05:23 PM

Helicopters are having a noisy party in the sky over our street, swooping and clacking like a flock of giant black and red seagulls chasing waves, Needz earmuffs !

Same thing is happening in my neighborhood.  I think there is a military drill of some sort going on.

I went to the an ATM to check the balance of my pre-paid card but it was out of order.  I had to use another ATM.  I just notice that the ATMs have American Express’ logo on it.  So I guess American Express makes pre-paid cards of some sort in addition to Charge Cards.  I also saw the logo for Quest Network.  I haven’t heard of them.  I only know Plus and Star and Cirrus.  My Visa card has Cirrus on the back.  But Cirrus is part of Master Card’s network.  Go figure.

It was cold today.  The wind was kinda blowing too.  Ok, I gotta go eat dinner now.

Think it is only a worry if all the Helicopters are back ones smile

Posted: 28 December 2012 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 471 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1898
Joined  2011-07-31
Kulay Wolf - 28 December 2012 08:36 AM
Misty Whisky - 28 December 2012 08:34 AM
Kulay Wolf - 28 December 2012 08:31 AM

Does oil ruin shoes?  or just give them some bad smell?  Anyway who is going around smelling people’s feet?
Oil somehow got spilled on my shoes.  Not car oil but cooking oil.  OH by the way I need an oil change.

hopez the trans-fat doesn’t osmose through feets :blink:

I washed the shoes with shampoo and mouth wash.  I also wear socks while wearing the shoes.

Put them in a bag with cornstarch from the baking section of the grocery store.  Shake well. Leave in cornstarch overnight to absorb the oil.  Brush off oil/cornstarch before wearing.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 28 December 2012 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 472 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-11

Hey good tip smile

Posted: 28 December 2012 11:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 473 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1268
Joined  2006-08-31

Aiko3 drop… worth sending her over to the A3 appreciation thread?

Image Attachments
a3-mulberry-lotus003.png
 Signature 

Previous post count: 2678 Downloads Hightide Mark: 1708

Posted: 28 December 2012 11:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 474 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11175
Joined  2007-11-06

...new fridge finally arrived. Can finally plan a real grocery trip again and not have to deal with restaurants & takeout. Also able to close the kitchen window and stop living in a refrigerator just to keep a few more of the expensive foodstuffs from going bad (average temp in my place has been about 41°).

....urgh, high school sports on the local ESPN affiliate again. Last three consecutive nights have been HS BB broadcasts. 

Love The Bob Valvano show but because of the local HS crap, it has been preempted for the past couple weeks. 

Really don’t care for Fox Sports Radio because all their announcers try to sound like “sports shock jocks” (yelling & screaming all the time) and seem to talk about everything except sports.  If I wanted to listen to Rupert Murdoch’s brand of Politik, I’d dial up the local Fox News affiliate.

Also, may not have to move after all.  Landlady thinks she may have found a loophole.  There will be a bit of a change since the main house will be rented out to someone else and my utilities can’t be billed separate (which means it will go up a bit) but even so, it will still cost much less than many of the places I have been looking at that don’t include utilities.

...and I get to stay in a really nice neighbourhood.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 28 December 2012 11:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 475 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11175
Joined  2007-11-06
M F M - 28 December 2012 11:15 PM

...I’d say so.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 29 December 2012 02:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 476 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-11
M F M - 28 December 2012 11:15 PM

Oh yes:)

Posted: 29 December 2012 02:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 477 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-11
Kyoto Kid - 28 December 2012 11:42 PM

...new fridge finally arrived. Can finally plan a real grocery trip again and not have to deal with restaurants & takeout. Also able to close the kitchen window and stop living in a refrigerator just to keep a few more of the expensive foodstuffs from going bad (average temp in my place has been about 41°).

....urgh, high school sports on the local ESPN affiliate again. Last three consecutive nights have been HS BB broadcasts. 

Love The Bob Valvano show but because of the local HS crap, it has been preempted for the past couple weeks. 

Really don’t care for Fox Sports Radio because all their announcers try to sound like “sports shock jocks” (yelling & screaming all the time) and seem to talk about everything except sports.  If I wanted to listen to Rupert Murdoch’s brand of Politik, I’d dial up the local Fox News affiliate.

Also, may not have to move after all.  Landlady thinks she may have found a loophole.  There will be a bit of a change since the main house will be rented out to someone else and my utilities can’t be billed separate (which means it will go up a bit) but even so, it will still cost much less than many of the places I have been looking at that don’t include utilities.

...and I get to stay in a really nice neighbourhood.

That is good news. smile

Posted: 29 December 2012 02:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 478 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2122
Joined  2008-01-02

Complaint:  Think I might have an “All night and day and most of the next night”  sort of render on my claws here. And I think it’s because I accidentally put a rather hefty displacement on a pretty big terrain without realizing it, but I’m too terrified to stop the render and check ^_^;

So far it’s been a few hours and it’s yet to finish the Prepass. Not a good sign :O
(Vue by the way)

A couple of WIPs…

Image Attachments
leap_wip01.jpgleap_wip02.jpg
 Signature 

Former owner of 9,600+ posts.
404 Raptor not Found. Additionally, an error has occured while trying to display this error message. Please contact your dromaeosaur provider and reboot your raptor.
My gallery~  http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/5858

Posted: 29 December 2012 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 479 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-11

Like the one jumping from a rock, very fearsome smile

Posted: 29 December 2012 03:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 480 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2122
Joined  2008-01-02

^_^ Thanks~

I think it is the render settings pulling something… I checked the background terrain and there isn’t any displacement on it… I even enabled depth of field and used the preset Final quality setting and it rendered in 17min

Image Attachments
leap_wip03.jpg
 Signature 

Former owner of 9,600+ posts.
404 Raptor not Found. Additionally, an error has occured while trying to display this error message. Please contact your dromaeosaur provider and reboot your raptor.
My gallery~  http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/5858

32 of 100