Digital Art Zone

Account for my son?
Posted: 04 June 2012 06:45 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2006-12-10

My 11 year old son has expressed an interest in 3D modeling & rendering. DS4Pro & Hex are still free so I want to take advantage of that.
Do I need to create an account just for him?  Right now his laptop is being repaired so I’d have to sign up from my PC until he gets his back.  I won’t get in trouble for having two accounts from 1 IP will I?  I don’t want any problems.
Thanks,
Lynn

Posted: 04 June 2012 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13655
Joined  2003-10-09

DAZ does allow family members under the same roof to share content, but no it’s OK to have more than one account in a household if desired. However, I’m not sure the system will accept an account for an eleven year old - I know the old forums were set not to allow people under 13 to post.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 04 June 2012 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2006-12-10
Richard Haseltine - 04 June 2012 07:09 AM

DAZ does allow family members under the same roof to share content, but no it’s OK to have more than one account in a household if desired. However, I’m not sure the system will accept an account for an eleven year old - I know the old forums were set not to allow people under 13 to post.

They do?  I didn’t know that we could share content.  I thought that was a complete no-no.  I’ve years of content on my HD but I’d like him to have his own serial numbers for programs so I will set him up his own account for purchases. 
If he has any issues (until he’s 13) I can post forum messages for him if I can’t help. 
Thanks SO much, Richard.
Lynn

Posted: 04 June 2012 08:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  262
Joined  2008-07-07

I can understand the age restriction on the forums. We get a bit cheeky at times smile

Signature 

DAZ Published Artist

View my DAZ3D product store!

Posted: 04 June 2012 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2006-12-10
Syndaryl - 04 June 2012 08:24 AM

I can understand the age restriction on the forums. We get a bit cheeky at times smile

LoL
At least I’m not one of those prude parents who are terrified when their kid sees naked people.

Posted: 04 June 2012 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2004-04-23

My 11 year old son just started learning Hexagon. I was going to set up an account for him, but then I noticed that the free DAZ software downloads changed from .exe files to .zip files. contrary to the .exe files which you need to register through an account, inside the zip file is a serial number (at least for Bryce and Hexagon for sure). This allowed me to install Hexagon and Bryce for him on a seperate computer without getting an account. I’m not sure if DAZ is still offering the zip files or if they have gone back to execute files again.

Signature 

Cool content to build a great world for your toons:
http://www.contentparadise.com/searchimageviewdetail.aspx?searchText=&seller=3DToons

Posted: 04 June 2012 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7535
Joined  2006-03-19

Everything is going to .zip files now. They are going to be releasing an install manager to help with installation

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 04 June 2012 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  617
Joined  2008-07-16

Your child is young… as one parent to another… avoid causing permanent harm to your child’s developing brain by waiting until all the bugs have been worked out of this new system.  Many people here have been driven to stark raving madness in only a few short days of exposure… I for one chicken washboard hamspring knuckle trout have been having all sorts of metal breakdowns recently… you wouldn’t want that for your child, now would hippo lantern snicker wacker bat waffle?

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

Signature 

VISIT MY ShareCG FREEBIE GALLERY

Posted: 04 June 2012 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7534
Joined  2004-07-21
lordvicore - 04 June 2012 03:32 PM

Your child is young… as one parent to another… avoid causing permanent harm to your child’s developing brain by waiting until all the bugs have been worked out of this new system.  Many people here have been driven to stark raving madness in only a few short days of exposure… I for one chicken washboard hamspring knuckle trout have been having all sorts of metal breakdowns recently… you wouldn’t want that for your child, now would hippo lantern snicker wacker bat waffle?

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

Chicken washboard hamspring knuckle trout.  Did you mean hamstring?

Oh no there was some chicken in my chicken pot pie!

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Posted: 07 June 2012 04:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2006-12-10
3D Toons - 04 June 2012 02:36 PM

My 11 year old son just started learning Hexagon. I was going to set up an account for him, but then I noticed that the free DAZ software downloads changed from .exe files to .zip files. contrary to the .exe files which you need to register through an account, inside the zip file is a serial number (at least for Bryce and Hexagon for sure). This allowed me to install Hexagon and Bryce for him on a seperate computer without getting an account. I’m not sure if DAZ is still offering the zip files or if they have gone back to execute files again.

Honestly,  I prefer zip files.  Installers were a royal pain in the patootie: click this, tick that box, then click 10 more times…. UGH! 
My son is very excited about it.  His computer should be here on Friday.  Less than 3 months after getting it, the monitor &/or video card dropped dead & I had to send it back to Gateway.  (I knew I should have gotten a different brand, but live & learn.)

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

ROFLMAO!

Posted: 07 June 2012 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1278
Joined  2008-03-30
Frank0314 - 04 June 2012 02:39 PM

Everything is going to .zip files now. They are going to be releasing an install manager to help with installation

Just a quickie, Frank, did I read somewhere that the new installer will check for updates of installed content?

Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 07 June 2012 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-30
Miss Bad Wolf - 04 June 2012 03:35 PM

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

Chicken washboard hamspring knuckle trout.  Did you mean hamstring?

Oh no there was some chicken in my chicken pot pie!

Chicken in a chicken pot pie, who’d of thought it wink

Signature 

Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 08 June 2012 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  617
Joined  2008-07-16

There is real Possum in the Portly-Man Dinners… and I’m pretty sure they use real pigeon in the Pigeon Pot Pies.

Image Attachments
Possum-3b.JPG
 Signature 

VISIT MY ShareCG FREEBIE GALLERY

Posted: 08 June 2012 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-30
lordvicore - 08 June 2012 10:27 AM

There is real Possum in the Portly-Man Dinners… and I’m pretty sure they use real pigeon in the Pigeon Pot Pies.

LOL! cool cheese

Signature 

Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 08 June 2012 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8425
Joined  2007-11-06
IanzThingz - 07 June 2012 11:54 AM

Just a quickie, Frank, did I read somewhere that the new installer will check for updates of installed content?

That’s what I’d heard.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 08 June 2012 12:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-30
fixmypcmike - 08 June 2012 11:35 AM
IanzThingz - 07 June 2012 11:54 AM

That’s what I’d heard.

Thanks, Mike. smile

Signature 

Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive