Digital Art Zone

Streets
Posted: 21 December 2012 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  397
Joined  2006-08-24

Does anyone know of street texture for Bryce? I want to create a foreground street scene.

Posted: 21 December 2012 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  761
Joined  2003-10-09

I have a Streets product in the store, but I don’t have Bryce, so I’ve no idea if it can be imported or not. I think so, but I can’t be definite.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/streets

Image Attachments
streets_main.jpg

Posted: 21 December 2012 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16369
Joined  2003-10-09

I have never had any problems getting your stuff into Bryce. I do beleive that Vindazi uses a mac though, so may have problems with the Jpg textures

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        October Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 21 December 2012 07:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  927
Joined  2003-10-09
vindazi - 21 December 2012 09:20 AM

Does anyone know of street texture for Bryce? I want to create a foreground street scene.

There is a product called Bryce Masters Series - The Block ( http://www.daz3d.com/shop/bryce-masters-series-the-block ) that teaches you how to build a street scene in Bryce. I’m pretty sure it contains suitable materials for your street scene.

Posted: 21 December 2012 11:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  0

Seams to me not long ago there was thread on here that was creating a procedural road texture.

Posted: 21 December 2012 11:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  164
Joined  2004-06-24

Well “HELLO” the rooster, so have you become a lurker in your old age?????

Merry Xmas
Cheers
GG

Signature 

WHO said Kiwis can’t fly ?????

Posted: 22 December 2012 03:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1697
Joined  2007-12-10
chohole - 21 December 2012 04:41 PM

I have never had any problems getting your stuff into Bryce. I do beleive that Vindazi uses a mac though, so may have problems with the Jpg textures

As long as the textures comes in at ‘import object’ stage, there is no problem.
It’s only if you wish to add a .jpg texture from within the Material Lab photo import that Bryce messes it up on the Mac.

That’s why I have taken to mapping any photo texture I need onto a primitive in Poser and exporting it as an .obj file, then import the ‘obj into Bryce so that the .jpg texture is available for me to map onto which ever model I need it for, then delete the imported primitive.
It’s a slightly longer way around but it works fine doing it that way. smile

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 24 December 2012 02:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2005-03-10

You can do this easily within bryce.  Here are a couple of different examples of different looks.  It would not be difficult to get it to look just like any road surface.

Image Attachments
JSF_older4.jpgcasac2959kp.jpgmystery_3.jpg