Digital Art Zone

4 of 4
HAPPY NEW AGE!!!
Posted: 29 December 2012 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10783
Joined  2007-11-06

...the world will not end until the the most unfortunate and cursed of all sports franchises, The Chicago Cubs, are about to win the World Series. 

Steve Bartman (not to be confused with Bart Simpson’s alter ego “Bartman”, though he may have unwittingly channeled the mischievous eight year old cartoon character at that particular moment) didn’t realise how much of a hero he was on Monday, October 13th, 2003 (the 13th falling on a Monday is far more portentous than on a Friday as it is also, a “Monday”) when he deflected a deep fly ball to the wall hit by Luis Castillo of the Marlins thus interfering with Chicago outfielder Moises Alou being able to make a catch for an out late in a game that the Cubs were leading 3 - 0.  The incident was seen as a turning point for the Cubs as when the game resumed, they gave up eight runs (led off by Castillo being walked) to lose the game, thus forcing a the series to a game 7 (which the Cubs also lost 4 - 3).

...only five outs away from ending a fifty eight year curse (see below).

Had Chicago won this game (they were up in the NL championship series 3 games - 2) it would have put them in the “Fall Classic” for the first time in more than a half century (1945).  Having won their inter-league series the Yankees (who would have been their opponent in the World Series) earlier that year and knocking out the best team in the Majors (Atlanta) in the previous round of the playoffs they had a better than fair chance to win it all as both Wrigley Field and (the old) Yankee Stadium were known as “hitters parks” and Chicago pitching overall was better than Yankee pitching while hitting wise they were about even.

Ironically in the Chinese Zodiac, the following year (2004) during which they would have reigned as World Series Champions (provided of course, the world didn’t end), was the Year of the Goat (Water).  The Cubs are also said to be under what is known as the “Curse of the Goat” (see link below) which is said to have started during the 1945 World Series which as mentioned above, was the last time they ever appeared in baseball’s World Championship.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_the_Billy_Goat

The last time Chicago won a World Series was against the Detroit Tigers in 1908, also the Year of the Goat (Fire).

Unfortunately since the Mayan’s never knew of baseball, this scenario didn’t quite fit into their equations and most likely why their calendar didn’t correctly predict the ultimate end of the world.  That date will never be known in advance as baseball fortunes change from season to season dependent on a host of variables such as the lack of parity and salary caps in the sport, ballpark construction bond measures, player trades, free agency, manager sackings, “juicing”, the draft, injuries, ticket prices, game day giveaways, weather, and long running curses.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 30 December 2012 04:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1453
Joined  2010-02-14

HA! Loved that one, Kyoto! LOL

Though, I’m not so sure about the Chinese Zodiac with the Goat. From what I initially understood, it was the Sheep.

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 30 December 2012 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10783
Joined  2007-11-06

...this depends on one’s interpretation. “Goat” can also be translated to “Ram” or “Sheep”.  All are correct.  Goat of course fits better where sports is concerned (a player who is considered to have been instrumental in losing the game though a mistake or bad move is usually called a “goat”).

Of course the qualities remain the same which ever sign is used, several of which aptly describe the beleaguered baseball club’s “personality”.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 30 December 2012 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4799
Joined  2012-04-07
RCDeschene - 29 December 2012 06:24 AM

... edit ...
Exactly, pretty much you can’t really put much on these kinds of things, because clearly these announcement they make are either later found out to not be the case later. Though, it’s not that they have an observatory for finding these things but to help furthur our understanding of the cosmos. So they just say what they happen to find along the way. And either way, even if the “time frame” is until February, it still doesn’t change the fact that if these things were to actually happen, we would have started seeing them long by now. Also, the polar shift is in fact happening, it’s just doing so very gradually, and it’s certainly not enough to affect anything here dramatically, either.

I don’t have the dates handy but as I recall the observatory at the S.P. was built after they realized there was something to watch. Love the images from Hubble grin
True enough, many global changes are so minor that save for some dedicated folk measuring things like tide levels, we wouldn’t know anything had changed.
The concept though of “we’d see it by now” is that actually, only if you know what to look for. Me, I can look at the sky deep in the city here ... and okay, there’s a bunch of bright dots. The faint ones are invisible to us. Out in the country, someone with way better vision, can see a whole lot of stars ... comets, falling stars, geese wink
One man who used to live around here could actually tell if a light in the sky was indeed a star, or one of the orbiting satellites. [helps to know the constellations I guess]
Why I’d consider holding onto a twinge of “there might be” something special out there is because of a few ex-scoffers who actually went out and bought telescopes, did the math, everything, expecting to report back ‘nothing’ ... and nope. There is something. It’s what that something does that is “up in the air” in a manner of speaking. And a handful of either very careful or ex-employees of NASA’s who have shared of their knowledge. Hopefully they are responsible enough to be truthful. If truthful, they are indeed sharing what they know because they don’t believe [they said so] that we should all be kept in the dark about it. Nothing we can do but really, why do we go the doctor? To be told even things we may not want to hear. So we can plan and live our lives accordingly. And if nothing else, hopefully most of the photographers will have learned something about taking pictures of the Sun. Like how to ... I’ve so many sun dogs, camera glare ... you name it ... except that which they claimed they were taking a picture of.

When I first learned of “sun dogs” ... I thought wow! What a neat idea to start a story with. Imagine. A man falls asleep on the beach, had a little too much. Wakes up ... not to one sun, but what appears to his blurry eyes to be “seven suns”! His thoughts “what planet am I on?!”

... edit ...

Though, as for your claimed experiences, are you referring to past life recollection or just a lot of near-death experiences?

To the best of my knowledge, me lives only one life here, that’s quite enough. “just a lot” ... let’s not trivialize ... being hit by a minivan while standing on a lawn was not fun. There really are “Beings of Light” if anybody is interested. And while I’d love to share of many experiences ... me knows the poofer will come along and zap the thread so let’s leave this for now.

... edit ...

Yep! now THAT is true! I had a dog myself until May of 2011, her name was Duchess and she KNEW you were talking to her if you were to. Sometimes when my mother or brother (she was more bonded to them) got home from somewhere she would try to jump on them and whimper and howl in what could vaguely be heard as “How are you?”. Not only that, but when they played with her and they would pretend to hide her toys on her, they’d ask things like “Mama, where’s your raggy bone?” and she would ACTUALLY say in the same howling tone to the effect of “I don’t know!” Even my cat, Chloe, will sometimes meow “Nuuu!” when she doesn’t want to do something or she’ll even meow out my name “Robert!” when I’m out of the house for long periods of time.

Basically, domesticated animals can and sometimes will say human words that are easy for them to articulate (like dogs and cats using words that begin with letters like “M”, “N”, “R”, etc.). Animals observe that is how we humans communicate and sometimes dare to take that on themselves for their convenience in dealing with us.

Neat grin
My first dog’s name was also Duchess ... English Springer Spaniel ... and she “knew” as soon as I was in the neighbourhood, didn’t matter what time the city bus dropped me off.
And yes cats can articulate somewhat too. One black kitten, Panther, late at night, you know how kittens are, scared himself somehow, came running into my room “mommy” “mommy” ... but that’s the one and only time he ever articulated.

A rather interesting program was on television many years ago now claimed that ‘all’ sounds whether made by the animals or by people, were actually a series of growls and such. What was different was the pitch and so forth we give to them. I tested that ... at the time was regularly walking a pair of dogs that belonged to my neighbour. At certain places along the regular path I always gave certain commands. So that day instead of speaking, I growled using the same pitches ... and it worked just the same. [however I don’t suggest growling at shepherds wink ]

Signature 

Posted: 31 December 2012 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1453
Joined  2010-02-14

No offence to any Russians here, but given the competitive history that America has with Russia over astronomical sciences, I wouldn’t really trust anything from either side that involves a game of “tell everyone everything that the other guy won’t”. Again, all that stuff is just competitive jabbing, not to mention that, as I keep saying, everyone involved did all of stuff before with the event that’s supposed to be going on now. And the fact that some people can see stars and celestial objects clearly at night doesn’t really say much. When I say that we would have started “seeing stuff by now” I mean that if the apocalyptic stuff was supposed to actually occur, realistically it would have happened through out the course of the year and have escalated for the worse up to this point (because the 21st was the marked day of inevitable destruction). The only thing we got from the solar flare was merely hot summer-like day; and the polar shift is only subtly altering seasonal climate in certain parts of the world. We’re just about to enter 2013 and there is zero sign of anything disastrously occurring. So, if the earth is frying, volcanoes are shooting off and meteors are crashing into us as I write this reply and looking out my window at the nice, quiet, white winter day here in Massachusetts, then the government is definitely doing one hell of a job covering it. smile

As for your near-death experience (which, judging by your response is what it was), I’ll gladly continue discussing it with you in PM if you’d feel more comfortable. Though, I don’t think the Mods would close a thread over spiritual topic like this. No one’s bitterly fighting over it and I’m actually interested in hearing more about it. wink

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

4 of 4