Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
Are people still interested in the Toon Generation by 3DUniverse or do you prefer other toon figures?
Posted: 21 December 2012 03:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2003-10-09

“One thing I’m going to work on are some regular day to day clothes…”

Yes please!

Posted: 21 December 2012 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  759
Joined  2008-04-30
3D Toons - 21 December 2012 02:03 AM

Don’t have any other toon figure in mind yet, I’m testing the waters. If there is quite some demand for the ToonGen still then I’ll going to work with that figure first, I really do like them and hardly anyone supports them. I don’t know about the older figures sold here at DAZ, not sure if it’s worth investing a lot of time in, knowing that they have modern counterparts. The things is I’ve got no idea which toon figure is popular or not. I can create all I want for a figure, but if hardly anyone is buying it, then I spent countless hours with nothing in return. In that same time, I could have created something for a toon figure that people use. That’s why I’m trying to gather some data and see what is my best option.

Understood.  It will be interesting to see what your data collection turns up.  But if the ToonGens is what you like, that sounds like a great place to start.  Good Luck with your project.

-MJ

Posted: 21 December 2012 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2267
Joined  2005-09-05

I currently tend to use Genesis toons only…specifically I love Sam and Sadie for Genesis, anything by smay or 3D universe is likely to take my interest…

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 23 December 2012 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  72
Joined  2004-06-13

I use both toongen and the newer genesis toon figures. I’d love to see more goodies for toongen. I’ve tweaked some of the clothing and items that exist in “creative” ways. It would nice to be able to use these quickly instead of having to manufacture them from bits and pieces. So a little sailor dress and a sundress (short would be okay) would be nice. Also some shoes for the ladies.

Below are two from the old forum: “In an old house in Paris” and “Cold Feet”. If you’re interested in seeing some of the other stuff I’ve “made”, I’d be glad to send you some of them. I just don’t want to hijack your thread.

EDIT: Last week I wanted to make a nativity scene using toongen figures, so it would have been great to have some robes. I know you said long dress would be hard, but just saying… I guess I could have used my cobbled-together nun’s outfit, but it is a major pain to make any kind of pose with it.

Image Attachments
origimage_1_2861584.jpgimage_1_2891833.jpg

Posted: 23 December 2012 08:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2007-02-11

I got into DAZ Studio for Genesis specifically but I’ve always been curious about the Toon characters for possible cartoony projects I’ve thought about. Having said that, I wouldn’t mind more Toon characters, props, and costumes but I would love to have a sub-section of Genesis Toon figures to dive into and experiment with.

Posted: 23 December 2012 09:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  688
Joined  2006-05-18

How about Chris Schell’s newest free model Anime Girl, she has almost nothing in the way of clothes and footwear and maybe more hair choices?

Signature 

I Am Not An Expert Because I Never Stop Being A Student And Continue To Learn.

Posted: 23 December 2012 09:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  573
Joined  2008-07-18

CalieVee, where’s that available for download? Must have missed it.

Signature 

My Free Stuff | My Big Store at CP | My Smaller Store at Renderosity | Prayer | Me on Twitter | Me on DA

Posted: 23 December 2012 09:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  688
Joined  2006-05-18

You can read all about it and the download links here…

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/3237/

Signature 

I Am Not An Expert Because I Never Stop Being A Student And Continue To Learn.

Posted: 23 December 2012 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-18

awesome - thanks CV!! smile

Signature 

My Free Stuff | My Big Store at CP | My Smaller Store at Renderosity | Prayer | Me on Twitter | Me on DA

Posted: 23 December 2012 10:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  186
Joined  2008-06-01

I don’t have any of your figures yet but they are on my list of things I want. I will be purchasing them once I have recovered from the Christmas insanity. Sometime next year I will be looking into the big bundles. The figures themselves are are cute, funny and would be great actors for comedic comics. When I do purchase them,  I will do a follow-up on what I would like to see from the series but it looks pretty vast… so I’ll be diggin through that first. :D

Posted: 24 December 2012 02:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2947
Joined  2009-02-24

I have to confess I’ve shifted a lot of my focus onto Genesis as it’s more universal. Having the freedom to clothe them in any Genesis outfit I own almost makes me feel caged when using older figures. That said, should 3DU create a Toon Generation for Genesis, I’d probably snap it up in a heartbeat along with any of the older outfits.

3D Universe have a good history of support for their popular characters.

Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

Posted: 19 November 2013 04:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2011-06-20

I know this thread has been quiet for a year, but…

I would love to see more Toon Gen stuff and I agree with a comment above that the stuff needs to be a little more general.

I have no idea how to make my own clothes for these characters yet (I have the Developer Kit and Carrara and will get to it some day) and would really like to put my characters in a winter scene.

coat
sweater
gloves
scarf

ski set (poles, skis, goggles)

snowman

Posted: 19 November 2013 09:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-18

I still would like to see more Toon Gen stuff, too, assuming the prices aren’t too high.

Signature 

Posted: 23 November 2013 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2003-10-09

For those of you that want Toon Generations and Gensis…there’s always the Frankenstein methodology.  I hid everything but the TG Head and then parented it to the hidden Genesis head.  I used the Konrad body and voila…TG Genesis:

Image Attachments
HunK-Wall.jpg

Posted: 01 December 2013 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2003-10-09

In case anyone is interested…here are some more Frankensteinn morphs for Toon Generation Heads and Genesis bodies.

Image Attachments
Ariel-Wall.jpgBlue_Hawk-Wall.jpgHunK-Wall.jpgRevenant-Wall.jpgRose_Chafer-Wall.jpg

2 of 3