Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Are people still interested in the Toon Generation by 3DUniverse or do you prefer other toon figures?
Posted: 20 December 2012 05:14 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2004-04-23

I’m almost done with my current modeling projects for the ToonGen, one more set of clothing and that’s it. I really like to work with the ToonGen, it’s a great figure, but I’m wondering if there is still interest in this figure, do people still use it and want new stuff for it?

Since 3DUniverse closed it’s forum, it’s hard to get feedback from users and reach them easily, that’s why I’m posting this here (and at other places perhaps as well).

I’ve still got some ideas for content for the ToonGen, but I’m also considering creating things for other toon figures. I know Genesis is quite popular these days, I don’t use it myself, but see that it has toon figures as well. So, the big question is should I continue with creating clothes and other content for the ToonGen, or pursue something else instead? If you stil use ToonGen and are interested in new content, now is the time to let me know grin and of course…... suggestions are welcome, not saying they will be granted definitely, but I’m open to it.

Signature 

Cool content to build a great world for your toons:
http://www.contentparadise.com/searchimageviewdetail.aspx?searchText=&seller=3DToons

Posted: 20 December 2012 05:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2008-07-26

I love the Toon Gen & do wish there was more for them.
I do have a small collection of your stuff and plan to buy the rest of your Toon Gen items.
That being said, Genesis is great and if there were to be a Toon Gen Genesis in the future (if that’s possible?) that would also be great.

wink grin

Posted: 20 December 2012 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  274
Joined  2003-10-09

I would love to see more of your cute animals such as the squirrel!

Posted: 20 December 2012 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  2005-02-25

I like the Toon Generation… but a lot of the recent releases for it were very genre related, such as baseball or armor, which is pretty limited depending on what you need… i like more versatile things smile

Posted: 20 December 2012 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  573
Joined  2008-07-18

I love Toon Generations. I’ve bought lots of things and used them for commercial illustration projects. I would be happy to buy more. To belovedalia’s point, they need to not be too obscure genre specific.  Things like prince and princess are so generic that outfits like that could be used in a variety of settings. Military uniforms and sports uniforms have limited application.  I would love to see more pretty dresses for Toon Generations.

Well, most of all, I would love to see Toon Generations converted to Genesis, if that’s possible.

Signature 

My Free Stuff | My Big Store at CP | My Smaller Store at Renderosity | Prayer | Me on Twitter | Me on DA

Posted: 20 December 2012 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  573
Joined  2008-07-18

(I use Toon Generations more than anything else for illustration purposes…even the other 3DU figures)

Signature 

My Free Stuff | My Big Store at CP | My Smaller Store at Renderosity | Prayer | Me on Twitter | Me on DA

Posted: 20 December 2012 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  998
Joined  2012-01-29
andolaurina - 20 December 2012 10:24 AM

Well, most of all, I would love to see Toon Generations converted to Genesis, if that’s possible.

I second this!

Posted: 20 December 2012 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1892
Joined  2011-07-31

I absolutely adore working with the ToonGeneration.  Please, I need more.  It’s such a versatile set of figures.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 20 December 2012 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2826
Joined  2007-12-25
Proxima Shining - 20 December 2012 10:29 AM

I second this!

Thirded or fourthed or whatever we’re on….

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 20 December 2012 02:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  709
Joined  2008-04-30

I prefer other toon figures.  ToonGen is too stylized for my taste, but i can understand why folks love em and im not into Genesis toons either.  Im still partial to the earlier toon figures: HiroToon, AikoToon, (which would still work for Genesis if they used the Hiro Legacy Shapes i believe), Sadie, Sam, Dennis, etc., etc., etc.

It would be nice to hear what you had in mind, and for what toon figures you had these ideas in mind for.

-MJ

Posted: 20 December 2012 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1132
Joined  2010-11-30

I love the Toon generations figures and use them heavily.  When ever I see a new Toon Generations product at DAZ it goes into my cart right away.

They work great in Carrara too.

Posted: 20 December 2012 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  299
Joined  2008-10-01

Another fan here, and I’ve also used the figures in commercial projects, so the figures and clothes/accessories have proved to be one of the best investments I’ve made at Daz (although looking at the thousands of items in my library I’m a long way from breaking even yet!) So please keep supporing the 3DU range. smile

Posted: 20 December 2012 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  541
Joined  2009-08-07

I’d be keen for more Toon Generations. I bought the Mega Bundle a few days ago, and am currently scoping a new book project that could well use them if they do everything I need them to do!

Signature 

Check out The Lesser Evil, a graphic novel made using DAZ models, and published by Zeta Comics!

Posted: 20 December 2012 07:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  540
Joined  2005-01-19

Totally vertical rounded eyes and extreme nose in genesis would be fantastic, toon rounded eyes in genesis only are horizontal and nose are little. Also some toon type clothes (simple, rounded, cute) for genesis and lots of toon hair too.

Signature 

Playing with shaders

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/20283/

Posted: 20 December 2012 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1930
Joined  2005-04-15
IVSMA - 20 December 2012 05:25 AM

That being said, Genesis is great and if there were to be a Toon Gen Genesis in the future (if that’s possible?) that would also be great.

Add yet another to the list of those who’d like a Genesis version.  My big issue with the Toon Generations as they are is that they’re too locked into a single style.  Being able to dial in just a touch of other characters would give each project a lot more individuality…

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 21 December 2012 02:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2004-04-23

Hey everyone, thanks for the replies, gives me an idea that there are still some ToonGen users, but it seems there are more people wanting a new figure, at least that’s what it starting to look like, so….....

One little request….. don’t turn this into an I want ToonGen for Genesis, that doesn’t help me at all at the moment and I’m no the person who’s going to do that anyway. I only create content for figures, not the actual figures. Let me know if you use them or not, that way I can see how well they’re still supported and if I can spent much more time creating content for the ToonGen.

As for my ideas for ToonGen. At the moment I’m rounding up the City of Light and Darkness theme, I’m going to release one more set, a tunic set. Then there are a few other ideas I do have…... I mostly work in themes, easier for me to do and a lot of people seem to like it if I create a whole little world around a theme.

One thing I’m going to work on are some regular day to day clothes. I’m still working on a dress, but for now I failed in my efforts. The reason there have been no long dresses released is because it’s tricky to create. I need to build in a lot of morphs or handles to make it work. A short dress doesn’t need all of that, but a long dress needs moprhs or handles for sittling walking, kneeling, bending and so on. I give it my best, but I don’t promise anything.

So, if you still want to tag along and let me know if you still use the Toon Generation and like to see more content for them, let me know!

MJ007 - 20 December 2012 02:42 PM

It would be nice to hear what you had in mind, and for what toon figures you had these ideas in mind for.

Don’t have any other toon figure in mind yet, I’m testing the waters. If there is quite some demand for the ToonGen still then I’ll going to work with that figure first, I really do like them and hardly anyone supports them. I don’t know about the older figures sold here at DAZ, not sure if it’s worth investing a lot of time in, knowing that they have modern counterparts. The things is I’ve got no idea which toon figure is popular or not. I can create all I want for a figure, but if hardly anyone is buying it, then I spent countless hours with nothing in return. In that same time, I could have created something for a toon figure that people use. That’s why I’m trying to gather some data and see what is my best option.

Signature 

Cool content to build a great world for your toons:
http://www.contentparadise.com/searchimageviewdetail.aspx?searchText=&seller=3DToons

1 of 2