Digital Art Zone

V5 and Genitalia
Posted: 19 December 2012 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-04-07

Hello,

I’m new on the forum and new with DAZ product’s.
I downloaded V5 pro bundle. I use Victoria 5 super model + genitalia… I want now to put some clothes on my character. But I have a fit problem on genitalia.

How to fix that?

Thanks!

Image removed

Posted: 19 December 2012 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13437
Joined  2003-10-09

Remove the genitals - if they aren’t going to be visible they are a waste of memory, and as you’ve found don’t work nicely with some clothing.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 19 December 2012 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18

hide the gens if she has clothes on. you may need to unparent them from her body so that you don’t get a gap. lol.

But that’s probably the easiest way. You may be able to group the gens to the character and have the clothes collide with that new group but I have never tried.

My first suggestion is what I do.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 20 December 2012 03:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-04-07

Thanks for your answers but I want to keep gens because I want to have the possibilities to use sheer or skinny materials as cloth.
I looked in the cloth parameters and changed the “fit to Genesis” to “fit to genesis genitalia”:
General>Transforms>Misc>Fit to: Genesis genitalia
But it did changed anything.

I grouped Genesis + genitalia as suggested by Larsmidnatt but I didn’t found the way to manage collisions.

Do you have some tutorial I could use to manage my issue?

EDIT:
RESOLVED: I use the “Mesh Smoothing” modifier and collide with gens… Working fine!

Posted: 20 December 2012 07:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2009-08-28

As another alternative, you could use the DAZ deform tool and create a morph that alters the clothing slightly. There are many tutorials to teach you how to do this.

Posted: 21 December 2012 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2009-09-08

Make your own morph for Genesis .. then use the Karina prop from ShareCG ....... Use the Wet Skin Shader on that ....looks much better than the She-Gen !! and fits up inside ...

Posted: 21 December 2012 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1348
Joined  2011-11-16
JustmeNhere - 21 December 2012 05:57 PM

Make your own morph for Genesis .. then use the Karina prop from ShareCG ....... Use the Wet Skin Shader on that ....looks much better than the She-Gen !! and fits up inside ...

That’s pretty much what I did. More accurately, I converted the V4 morphs that come with the prop to Genesis using GenX.