3 of 4
We need to be Patient with Daz.  it will all work out
Posted: 04 June 2012 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1584
Joined  2012-01-04
lordvicore - 04 June 2012 04:49 PM

I fully understand that the staff at DAZ i…....

....snip….

... I sympathize,  but I will not stop laughing at your fat pants and rotting badger.
Oh and no twiddling please…

That was freaking funny as hell LOL

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 04 June 2012 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1950
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,

I fully understand that the staff at DAZ is not sitting idly by and twiddling their thumbs…

[...deletia…]

So yeah… I sympathize,  but I will not stop laughing at your fat pants and rotting badger.

OMG!  We need a +1, or a Like, button on these posts!  :)

That was epic…

...so is ‘rotting badger’ the new ‘toast’?

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 04 June 2012 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  933
Joined  2011-05-19

cool cheese For kicks I was thinking that I would mock up a website parody of “DAZ Store 3.0” complete with a full page I-Frame to a sneak peak of the new store at this link: http://web.archive.org/web/20110706033416/http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/all-products-promotions?cat=1068

but… who wants an cease and desist injunction filed against them? tongue wink

Signature 

Enjoy my games & freebie content created with DAZ 3D:

3dSkyDome.com - Curiosity killed the browser, 3d R&D

3Dnld My Freebies & Games - Farm Peeps Farm Theme 3D Stuff

Posted: 04 June 2012 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1584
Joined  2012-01-04
Cypherfox - 04 June 2012 07:52 PM

Greetings,

I fully understand that the staff at DAZ is not sitting idly by and twiddling their thumbs…

[...deletia…]

So yeah… I sympathize,  but I will not stop laughing at your fat pants and rotting badger.

OMG!  We need a +1, or a Like, button on these posts!  smile

That was epic…

...so is ‘rotting badger’ the new ‘toast’?

— Morgan

It would be nice to have a like button or some sort of rating system, of course after the important things are resolved.

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 05 June 2012 12:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  596
Joined  2003-10-09

Stop harassing DAZ about fixing this site…

...so you can START harassing them about getting this version working BEFORE they move on to the next iteration of the eternal beta.

Posted: 05 June 2012 06:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2003-10-09
Richard Haseltine - 04 June 2012 12:19 PM
Ryuu@AMcCF - 04 June 2012 11:13 AM

But it’s the changes to the store that doesn’t make a lick of sense, especially after they had just (finally) completed working the bugs out from the last time they changed the store system.

Except that they weren’t, which was the whole point - the previous update was an attempt to grapple with long-standing issues, but it served to show that the basic code needed to be replaced and that’s why they moved to the new system. The forum change was a consequence of that change, not the object of the exercise.

Okay, then perhaps I should’ve said “most of the bugs worked out”

But that still doesn’t excuse the fact that the folks who ponied up the money for this software hadn’t properly vetted & tested it before installing on the servers…as for that, I DID warn you folks of that imediately after the last update…(now, where’d you put that *twak*—beat-him-over-the-head smilie??? Damnit! ANOTHER thing you guys have to fix! )

Richard Haseltine - 04 June 2012 01:31 PM
angusm - 04 June 2012 01:10 PM
tsarist - 04 June 2012 12:40 PM
angusm - 04 June 2012 12:32 PM

and you lose fewer developers to chronic exhaustion and nervous collapse.

And to stabbing and strangulation.

Ah, I see you’re familiar with the way the software industry works. Although, as not all managers understand, stabbing and strangulation can flow both ways.

Or indeed can originate from the forum team. Not that i wish to lend any credibility to the outrageous rumours about our attempting to hire a hit squad, our request for photos of the web team was entirely unconnected with the trip to Atlantic City.

Would you like the number to Peter DelaSangre?

Nyah, better not. Peter’s good at terrorizing, but he tends to kill them imediately after—which, if one takes the time to consider, really loses all the effectiveness of terrorizing someone. The point of terror is to leave them alive—but afraid—to give them time to think upon their fear….

GIVE THEM TO ME!cool grin

Posted: 05 June 2012 07:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  173
Joined  2003-10-09
Richard Haseltine - 04 June 2012 01:31 PM
angusm - 04 June 2012 01:10 PM
tsarist - 04 June 2012 12:40 PM
angusm - 04 June 2012 12:32 PM

and you lose fewer developers to chronic exhaustion and nervous collapse.

And to stabbing and strangulation.

Ah, I see you’re familiar with the way the software industry works. Although, as not all managers understand, stabbing and strangulation can flow both ways.

Or indeed can originate from the forum team. Not that i wish to lend any credibility to the outrageous rumours about our attempting to hire a hit squad, our request for photos of the web team was entirely unconnected with the trip to Atlantic City.

The PA’s plan of spreading rumors about the forum team seem to be working very well…*mwahahaha!!*

Image Attachments
a065.gif
 Signature 

wes ;P

http://www.daz3d.com/westonmi-3d-kitty

Posted: 05 June 2012 08:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2003-10-09

I just wanted to say “sticky tape” and “bubblegum” because nobody has said it for 2 or 3 pages.

Posted: 05 June 2012 11:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12542
Joined  2007-11-06
angusm - 04 June 2012 11:48 AM
ssgbryan - 04 June 2012 11:37 AM

And as long as everyone here is patient with them, DAZ has absolutely no incentive to change their behavior.

I believe that you’re wrong about that.

For users, the current state of affairs is frustrating. For DAZ, it’s probably costing real money. The problems with the store are almost certainly having a measurable effect on DAZ’s bottom line, with users unable to purchase or putting off purchasing until the store seems more stable. The ‘half-baked’ nature of the forums is another disincentive to spend time there, meaning that people aren’t exposed to new products or involved with the DAZ community in the same way, again leading to loss of sales. If we could see the sales figures for online 3D vendors, we’d probably see DAZ’s numbers taking a big dive, and some of their competitors perhaps picking up a bit.

So yes, it’s annoying that things don’t work right. However, for DAZ it’s very much more than annoying: it’s actually business-critical. You can be sure that they want it fixed even more than you do.

...and this is exactly what concerns me.  Daz isn’t an Adobe, Corel, or Autodesk.  They are a small company and when small companies take a hit in the bottom line they tend to feel it a lot worse.  This is a very serious situation that could have long lasting effects on the company’s future and possibly survival.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 06 June 2012 07:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2010-01-27

Patience? I don’t have any of that left.

Hmm. Need to learn how to render trotwood in DS4. But then, I have so many other things I need to do.

Signature 

—————————-
“By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you’ll be happy. If you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.”—Socrates
http://www.improbable.me
Using DS 4.5.0.114 Pro 64 bit poorly.

(Formerly Halfbubble)

Posted: 12 June 2012 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  933
Joined  2011-05-19

“We need to be Patient with Daz.  it will all work out ”  Tap,Tap, Tap…:coolmad:

Signature 

Enjoy my games & freebie content created with DAZ 3D:

3dSkyDome.com - Curiosity killed the browser, 3d R&D

3Dnld My Freebies & Games - Farm Peeps Farm Theme 3D Stuff

Posted: 12 June 2012 11:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  613
Joined  2004-12-14
Dream Cutter - 12 June 2012 05:32 PM

“We need to be Patient with Daz.  it will all work out ”  Tap,Tap, Tap…:coolmad:

No, we don’t.  Would we put up with this level of “service” from ANY other company?  I don’t think so.

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 13 June 2012 04:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  541
Joined  2010-09-02
ssgbryan - 12 June 2012 11:28 PM
Dream Cutter - 12 June 2012 05:32 PM

No, we don’t.

I don’t consider myself patient, literally speaking. Weary acceptance, for 3 of the past 4 weeks.

Would we put up with this level of “service” from ANY other company?  I don’t think so.

Yeah. I would. Others wouldn’t.

Hell, I run Windows. This ain’t no thing.

Then again, so far, due to random chance, I haven’t really been jammed up. Probably will, at some point.

But support is catching up on email. And it’s a toll-free call, for me (if they are answering the same day a person puts in the call).
Those who can’t call, seem to attract the worst of it.

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 13 June 2012 07:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15728
Joined  2003-10-09
T Jaiman - 13 June 2012 04:39 AM

But support is catching up on email. And it’s a toll-free call, for me (if they are answering the same day a person puts in the call).
Those who can’t call, seem to attract the worst of it.

it’s a freephone number only for those in the US (and possibly Canada). For most of the world calling DAZ would be pricey, and inconvenient due to the time difference in many cases.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 13 June 2012 07:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  541
Joined  2010-09-02

Canada, never thought of that. Yeah, Wikipedia says they usually are available to Canada.

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

3 of 4