Digital Art Zone

1 of 4
We need to be Patient with Daz.  it will all work out
Posted: 04 June 2012 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2003-10-09

I fortunately have a lot of patients and I know that Daz will work out all of the major kinks.  When it comes to technology there us no way to predict all of these glitches until you actually put something in motion.  I know there will always be something but unless you can see the future there is no way to know to what extent it will be. 

I personally know of a company that was trying to bring in a new system that would actually make their jobs easier and it took 3 months.  It will take time and a little patients.  Trust me I am sure that the people at Daz are just as frustrated as we are actually probably more.

Posted: 04 June 2012 01:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  96
Joined  2003-10-09

Thank you Doc

Signature 

Software choice: Poser Pro 2012

Posted: 04 June 2012 02:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3480
Joined  2009-08-05

Agreed. And most of the older users will fully understand. However with all the New users flocking to try out daz for free, the impression they get is something different. Just downloaded Daz, cant buy anything, forums are broken. Hmmmm screw this. That is the only danger I see here. This new market Daz is trying to capture is in a state of confusion. Frankly so am I. This upgrade should not have happened so soon. Its not like the old site lacked anything. If you want to capture a new market, make them feel comfortable. Currently this new site is anything but that at the moment. Most people will wait it out, others won’t, and that is a market loss situation that shouldn’t even happen.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 04 June 2012 02:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  197
Joined  2011-03-31

I’m happy to be patient as they work the issues out, I’m a little busy right now anyway and the forced break from DAZ has been very timely, but I would like them to be better at communicating with us.

So far their official communication has been poor at best.

Posted: 04 June 2012 02:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-09-16
Zev0 - 04 June 2012 02:19 AM

Agreed. And most of the older users will fully understand. However with all the New users flocking to try out daz for free, the impression they get is something different. Just downloaded Daz, cant buy anything, forums are broken. Hmmmm screw this. That is the only danger I see here. This new market Daz is trying to capture is in a state of confusion. Frankly so am I. This upgrade should not have happened so soon. Its not like the old site lacked anything. If you want to capture a new market, make them feel comfortable. Currently this new site is anything but that at the moment. Most people will wait it out, others won’t, and that is a market loss situation that shouldn’t even happen.

The old site was being held together with bits of frayed sticky tape, and the person who used to apply the sticky tape left. We all saw what happened when the forum notifications stopped and there was no guarantee it could be fixed. Other things broke as well - things you might not be aware of - and couldn’t be fixed. Daz did an amazing job of maintaining normality in the face of it.

This upgrade is absolutely necessary in my opinion.. But Daz was between a rock and a hard place. There will always be issues during the rollout of such a major new platform. The question is, do you try not to inconvenience the current spate of of new customers and risk possibly-irreversible collapse? Or do you bite the bullet now and weather the storm to create a better experience for future customers on a much more stable platform?

I know which one I’d choose.

I think it’s up to those of us who love Daz and its products to give support during this difficult time and have faith that the better future it’s in aid of is just around the corner.

Posted: 04 June 2012 02:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  657
Joined  2007-05-26

Actually for me it hasn’t been as bad as I’ve read from others… I have been able to bumble around and get my orders placed and adjust to the new quirks of the store and the forums. In the back of my mind… knowing Daz… I can’t wait for the super sales they will have when this is resolved and they make it all up to us. So I agree with the Doctor… have patients… and try to keep them from going crazy.

Signature 

If I want to be a fool then I will be a fool! That is my God given right as an American!

—- Jason from True Blood

Posted: 04 June 2012 03:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

All I can say is DAZ has my support. Sure I miss the old site but I look at it like this, I’m learning something new FORUM wise and that keeps my brain working. If you don’t exersice your mind it gets soft just like a muscle you never use. As for the store I’ve only had 1 small hiccup and that was all. I trust the DAZ team will pull all this together soon enough.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 04 June 2012 05:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  787
Joined  2005-09-19
Fay68 - 04 June 2012 01:06 AM

When it comes to technology there us no way to predict all of these glitches until you actually put something in motion.

Speaking as a software engineer with a couple of decades experience on far more complex systems, proper testing should identify the majority of issues before anything is put in motion. I fully agree the website needed to be updated, but personally I’d have rolled back to the old site when things weren’t up and running smoothly by the first Saturday or Sunday, spent more time testing and fixing the issues that had been revealed and then re-launched in a week or two.

Posted: 04 June 2012 06:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  963
Joined  2006-06-12
DWG - 04 June 2012 05:20 AM

When it comes to technology there us no way to predict all of these glitches until you actually put something in motion.

Speaking as a software engineer with a couple of decades experience on far more complex systems, proper testing should identify the majority of issues before anything is put in motion. I fully agree the website needed to be updated, but personally I’d have rolled back to the old site when things weren’t up and running smoothly by the first Saturday or Sunday, spent more time testing and fixing the issues that had been revealed and then re-launched in a week or two.

Agreed.

Doing things the way they’re doing it is like trying to fix your car while driving down the road. They would be under a LOT less pressure to get things fixed.

Wishing them the best of luck in what will most certainly be a VERY long week.

Signature 

There is a serious tendency toward capitalism among the well-to-do peasants.
Mao Tse-Tung

Posted: 04 June 2012 07:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07

Been here long enough to know this is SOP for DAZ. And why I have pretty well given up on DAZ.

Posted: 04 June 2012 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2006-09-04

This is testing the limits of all patience I’m afraid, nice gesture though but it looks as though things will take longer than any expected nor will be tolerated.Tough road ahead for sure.

Posted: 04 June 2012 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  75
Joined  2006-10-08

I, for one, have lots of patience with Daz…. they have always been a great company for me.

Posted: 04 June 2012 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2003-10-09
Jaderail - 04 June 2012 03:03 AM

If you don’t exersice your mind it gets soft just like a muscle you never use.

Awww…man I have to exercise my mind too!?!  ohh

*starts brain exercises*

Image Attachments
a010-pumpingiron.gif
 Signature 

wes ;P

http://www.daz3d.com/westonmi-3d-kitty

Posted: 04 June 2012 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2003-10-09
DWG - 04 June 2012 05:20 AM

I agree,  However I am seeing another place have issues after spending months preparing and trying out their new system before they went live.  Unfortunately after they thought they had everything ironed out and went live a whole new host of problems appeared.  The truth is nothing is ever going to go perfect a 100% of the time.  There are definitely better ways to do things sometimes we all jump the gun.

Posted: 04 June 2012 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  66
Joined  2005-01-31
Marieah - 04 June 2012 02:40 AM

The old site was being held together with bits of frayed sticky tape, and the person who used to apply the sticky tape left.

omg… was it Drew Daniels…

we should not have been so mean to him…

Signature 

Typed using two wangs (patent pending)
old post count 14346

Posted: 04 June 2012 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  963
Joined  2006-06-12
TZORG - 04 June 2012 10:38 AM
Marieah - 04 June 2012 02:40 AM

The old site was being held together with bits of frayed sticky tape, and the person who used to apply the sticky tape left.

omg… was it Drew Daniels…

we should not have been so mean to him…

Drew is gone?

Guess we shouldn’t have beat him so bad.

Signature 

There is a serious tendency toward capitalism among the well-to-do peasants.
Mao Tse-Tung

1 of 4