1 of 2
New Carrara product in store
Posted: 18 December 2012 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  228
Joined  2006-09-01

Didn’t saw this mentioned anywhere and almost missed it:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/valle-alpina

Was already mentioned as an upcoming product in one of the threads on Howie.

Posted: 18 December 2012 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1371
Joined  0

Howies scenes are incredible!  they are what inspired me to purchase Carrara and learn it.  Thanks Howie for such beautiful work.

Signature 

“If you get a chance….Take it!  If it changes your life….Let it!.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”

Posted: 18 December 2012 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2006-05-09

simply amazing!

Howie needs to become the digital Bob Ross.

PhilW has his instructionals on availible through infinite skills (I use the app on my Ipad).

I would buy your instructionals!

Posted: 21 December 2012 07:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1387
Joined  2011-01-03

I am now up to date on all my Howie purchases! Thanks!

My CPUs will be leaking silicon all weekend doing renders. smile

Signature 

- Garstor
Australian-Canadian currently trapped in Texas (maintaining sanity with doses of Carrara, LightWave and PhotoShop)

My 3D art Flickr page for final or near-final images
My 3D art Flickr page for work-in-progress or experiments

Posted: 24 December 2012 05:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7655
Joined  2009-07-13

LOL, ok, all my leaves etc loaded from default installer but these are wrong, what leaves SHOULD it be I wonder? more pine bristles like the others?

Image Attachments
Untitled.jpg
 Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 24 December 2012 05:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

I browsed and found the right ones dunno if is just in the beta but Daz installer puts in the wrong place

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 24 December 2012 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1371
Joined  0
Realtime - 18 December 2012 07:56 PM

simply amazing!

Howie needs to become the digital Bob Ross.

PhilW has his instructionals on availible through infinite skills (I use the app on my Ipad).

I would buy your instructionals!

I have PhilW’s tutorials too…they are fantastic.  would love for Howie to put the info on how he creates his scenes into a tutorial.  what he does in Carrara is amazing.

Signature 

“If you get a chance….Take it!  If it changes your life….Let it!.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”

Posted: 24 December 2012 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6151
Joined  2007-12-04
wendy♥catz - 24 December 2012 05:30 AM

I browsed and found the right ones dunno if is just in the beta but Daz installer puts in the wrong place

Don’t you usually have to install leaves separately from within Carrara? His (and mmoir’s) instructions usually tell you to (and how to) do this.

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 24 December 2012 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

most of Howies work out the box actually but Daz installed the whole folder wrong

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 24 December 2012 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1133
Joined  2010-11-30

The folder that it installs every thing in is called:

vallealpina

The online Read Me documentation mentions the scene is in that folder and the File List it shows that as the folder it installed everything into.

Posted: 24 December 2012 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-03
wendy♥catz - 24 December 2012 02:22 PM

most of Howies work out the box actually but Daz installed the whole folder wrong

I am inclined to agree here. I have been getting caught-up on my runtime installs and Valle Alpina did not show-up in my Browser Scenes. I am giving the install another whirl now; I’ll have Process Monitor watching my folders to be sure there is disk activity where it should be.

Signature 

- Garstor
Australian-Canadian currently trapped in Texas (maintaining sanity with doses of Carrara, LightWave and PhotoShop)

Posted: 24 December 2012 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-03
Kharma - 24 December 2012 11:37 AM

would love for Howie to put the info on how he creates his scenes into a tutorial.  what he does in Carrara is amazing.

Echo that thought! A tutorial like that would be an amazing bit of Carrara education. Although Howie rules the landscape scene market…does he really want to let the unwashed masses into his playing field? wink

Signature 

- Garstor

Posted: 24 December 2012 08:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-03

My hero Mark Russinovich saves the day again. SysInternals Process Monitor quickly showed me what happened during the install.

Most Carrara scenes, Howie’s past work, PhilW’s work, etc. got installed to: H:\Daz3D\Carrara8\Scenes

Valle Alpina got installed to: H:\Daz3D\Carrara8\vallealpina

Yep, Daz buggered up the installer program.

Signature 

- Garstor

Posted: 24 December 2012 09:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-03
wendy♥catz - 24 December 2012 05:10 AM

LOL, ok, all my leaves etc loaded from default installer but these are wrong, what leaves SHOULD it be I wonder? more pine bristles like the others?

I am seeing even weirder issues Wendy.

For example, the saved camera “Position 1” ought to have rendered a vista not unlike the previews of the scene. Instead, I got “lost in the forest.” This seems to be happening with all the saved camera positions so far (working on render #3). I’ll try to capture some screenshots of this oddity later.

Signature 

- Garstor

Posted: 25 December 2012 03:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

yes. has correct data sub-folder but is not in scenes, I had to manually add it,
my cameras ok though
still rendering my big 12000 x 6000 fish eye, might be 2 days by looks.

Image Attachments
Untitled.jpg
 Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 25 December 2012 06:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-03
wendy♥catz - 25 December 2012 03:15 AM

yes. has correct data sub-folder but is not in scenes, I had to manually add it,
my cameras ok though

It must still be too early for my brain and the coffee hasn’t kicked in yet. I’m not following you on the way to correct this.

If the attachments worked; I should be showing the Assembly Room when set to saved Position 4 (a view of the creek, conifers trees on either side and the gorgeous mountain background). Then is the render from that view…

Edit: UGH! The attachments aren’t taking for some reason and I’m not thinking clearly enough to figure out why yet… smirk

Signature 

- Garstor

1 of 2