Digital Art Zone

2 of 6
HELP! I found GRAY HAIR!!! *WINNERS Announced!*
Posted: 18 December 2012 11:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1577
Joined  2005-02-25

hehe all of you are getting close to making me giggle! some gorgeous hair and some crazy hair and some… EEK. O.o

it’s probably silly that i keep checking my hair for white ones now, isn’t it? Of course, as a friend said to me, “better white hair than none at all” which is very true… still….

Posted: 19 December 2012 01:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2216
Joined  2005-09-05

52 and my hair looks lovely courtesy of my hairdresser…; )

Didn’t start dying it until my 30’s and the first greys started….its fun you can make it whatever colour you want!

Currently blonde but I’ve had a few different colours including bright red foils at one point…

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 19 December 2012 01:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4813
Joined  2008-03-06

Here’s something gray-and-white themed, with lots of hair. wink

Image Attachments
SYBathingDrowGenesis.jpg
 Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 19 December 2012 02:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25

Pendraia, I’ve been coloring my hair for several years, but when I was trying to have a baby, during pregnancy, and the first year after, I didn’t dye my hair…now its actually its REAL color for first time in years… even my husband was like “so that’s your real hair color?” haha….

fortunately my hair, which is currently a shade between light brown and blond (it got darker when i was pregnant, isn’t that weird?) doesn’t show the gray hairs that much, so suppose that is a GOOD thing. wink
SickleYield, lots of gray and white indeed! lots of skin too O.o nice one

Posted: 19 December 2012 02:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2216
Joined  2005-09-05
belovedalia - 19 December 2012 02:07 AM

Pendraia, I’ve been coloring my hair for several years, but when I was trying to have a baby, during pregnancy, and the first year after, I didn’t dye my hair…now its actually its REAL color for first time in years… even my husband was like “so that’s your real hair color?” haha….

fortunately my hair, which is currently a shade between light brown and blond (it got darker when i was pregnant, isn’t that weird?) doesn’t show the gray hairs that much, so suppose that is a GOOD thing. wink
SickleYield, lots of gray and white indeed! lots of skin too O.o nice one

Lol…I was the reverse! I had never dyed my hair until it started to go grey. So I had lots of fun with colour. I used to go to my hairdresser before this one and say surprise me!  I was able to try lots of different colours which was fun. The hairdresser I go to now is less adventurous but does a brilliant job at styling.

It’s funny how hair changes with age mine is now quite curly…

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 19 December 2012 03:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15327
Joined  2003-10-09

You could always render your self in Black and white, instead of colour, then no one will know what colour your hair is.

Image Attachments
showbiz_party.jpg
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 19 December 2012 03:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2011-09-22

An older render, so probably out of the competition, but since it made me smile, I’ll share. It was actually an accident while I was setting up ‘Who says that llamas can’t fly?’. But as it quite fits my mood sometimes, I rendered it out anyway.

Image Attachments
i-j7RBJdn-X3[1].jpg

Posted: 19 December 2012 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25

haha Chohole, I like the way you think! wink But don’t black and white photos “date” one anyone??? O.o

Lady Winterlace, old pics are allowed, i forgot to say otherwise wink So go ahead. What is that hair?? it looks like those old clown wigs, the long ones, that look like shredded ribbon… hehe! very colorful!

Posted: 19 December 2012 07:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13696
Joined  2003-10-09
belovedalia - 19 December 2012 04:56 AM

haha Chohole, I like the way you think! wink But don’t black and white photos “date” one anyone??? O.o

Call it monochrome and say it’s arty.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 19 December 2012 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  524
Joined  0

I image that if you styled your hair like this, no one would notice any grey. LOL

This one is from a couple of weeks ago.

Image Attachments
HalfHair.jpg

Posted: 19 December 2012 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  928
Joined  2003-10-09

You wanted hairy….

Image Attachments
HV1.jpg

Posted: 19 December 2012 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2011-09-22
belovedalia - 19 December 2012 04:56 AM

Lady Winterlace, old pics are allowed, i forgot to say otherwise wink So go ahead. What is that hair?? it looks like those old clown wigs, the long ones, that look like shredded ribbon… hehe! very colorful!

The hair is made with Poser Hair Room - set the hair density fairly low, tip width to 1, root width to 10, and let drape - don’t bother with too many vertices per hair to get that slightly crinckly look. Then add a simple material, shiny and in bold colours, and voila, you have your wig!

Edit: The poor llama is the heavily morphed and retextured Wingied Horsie from the Wee Beasties pack by Lyrra Madril and bloodsong, btw.

Posted: 20 December 2012 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25

Thanks for the details Lady Winterlace!
TimG… my eyes hurt…but hey, not showin any gray!
Gone, that is gorgeous! I like how feisty she’s lookin’... if i could pull off that color…. wink Nice!

Also folks, since there’s an awesome new thing out, called “Look At My Hair” which is a super awesome hair plugin for Daz Studio (MAKE YOUR OWN HAIR>>>> SRSLY!) I’m waxing generous in my old age <—-(see what I did there?) and adding another prize… one copy of Look at My Hair!  (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/look-at-my-hair)

Please comment if you use Daz or if you decide to buy the plugin so there’s no conflicts. smile

Sigh ... I need this in REAL LIFE to make my hair full and blond and long again…. raspberry

Posted: 20 December 2012 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15327
Joined  2003-10-09

You can’t actually buy it and gift it to someone you know, you have just give them a GC and they buy it themselves.  Sorry.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 20 December 2012 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2183
Joined  2012-02-04
belovedalia - 20 December 2012 03:24 PM

Thanks for the details Lady Winterlace!
TimG… my eyes hurt…but hey, not showin any gray!
Gone, that is gorgeous! I like how feisty she’s lookin’... if i could pull off that color…. wink Nice!

Also folks, since there’s an awesome new thing out, called “Look At My Hair” which is a super awesome hair plugin for Daz Studio (MAKE YOUR OWN HAIR>>>> SRSLY!) I’m waxing generous in my old age <—-(see what I did there?) and adding another prize… one copy of Look at My Hair!  (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/look-at-my-hair)

Please comment if you use Daz or if you decide to buy the plugin so there’s no conflicts. smile

Sigh ... I need this in REAL LIFE to make my hair full and blond and long again…. raspberry

I didn’t realize it had been released yet! It must be lost in the store among the new teen stuff. I use DS 4.5 and I would LOVE to win “Look At My Hair”! You are very generous to give that away. I hope all the hairy renders are boosting your spirits.

2 of 6